Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS OUR FIRE POWER ENOUGH ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 am

I myself dont think as many of us do on here that we have the fire power we need up front. sorry to say it but Miller and Ernie good days are behind them. Yes we have Rudy and Mason and both guys are good, but we need good quality experience player that has speed about them. It makes me laugh our team never seems to get the balance we need. Last season we had the forward but our defenders let us down ,Now we have the defenders we dont have the speed up front , yes Miller and Ernie are quality but even a quality coat wears out in time.

Re: IS OUR FIRE POWER ENOUGH ?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 am

welshcitydragon wrote:I myself dont think as many of us do on here that we have the fire power we need up front. sorry to say it but Miller and Ernie good days are behind them. Yes we have Rudy and Mason and both guys are good, but we need good quality experience player that has speed about them. It makes me laugh our team never seems to get the balance we need. Last season we had the forward but our defenders let us down ,Now we have the defenders we dont have the speed up front , yes Miller and Ernie are quality but even a quality coat wears out in time.

I think Miller will be fine. He will take over Earnie's slot as our 'box' player

Gestede or Mason? I'm not quite sure they are ready to play up there week
in week out.

I do hope we get a long term loan player in this week for up front. if we
do I think we will pretty much be complete

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:38 am

We have scored 10 League goals this season, one more than big spending Leicester!!! ;)

I suppose it depends on what you call fire power but so far we seem to be matching the teams around us, so is the front line really broke?

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 am

Im happy with our strikers but we defantly need back up. A few injuries and we would be in big trouble.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:50 am

we just need a 20 goal season striker.

people think miller is that but he is not he was not at rangers he feeds off service off a big striker and helps create chances for other players int he team. earnie is just earnie head down all himself. rudy could be good partnership with earnie or miller but can he be good enough and get us 20 goals? time will tell.

i just think we need to find goal scoring striker ........... who? i haven't a clue to be honest. i would also like another winger but hey prob asking bit to much

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 am

bluebirds23 wrote:we just need a 20 goal season striker.

people think miller is that but he is not he was not at rangers he feeds off service off a big striker and helps create chances for other players int he team. earnie is just earnie head down all himself. rudy could be good partnership with earnie or miller but can he be good enough and get us 20 goals? time will tell.

i just think we need to find goal scoring striker ........... who? i haven't a clue to be honest. i would also like another winger but hey prob asking bit to much

i agree miller's all round game and awareness is better than earnie's. he will score :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:00 am

jinks-rct wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:we just need a 20 goal season striker.

i agree miller's all round game and awareness is better than earnie's. he will score :ayatollah:

he will score but if the team just smash it up to him he gonna look world worst striker but i can't argue with his work rate. i do hope scores tho. but its like 50 /50 split with the fans on him. i think he good player just got play to his strengths and lumping ball up to him is not one of them

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 am

Whilst I think all of us realise we need a bit more firepower, I'd still prefer our forwards to Leicester's, as Beckford, Vassell & Nugent, haven't scored consistently for donkey's years and they've spent a small fortune on acquiring them! :D :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:08 am

Overthemoon wrote:Whilst I think all of us realise we need a bit more firepower, I'd still prefer our forwards to Leicester's, as Beckford, Vassell & Nugent, haven't scored consistently for donkey's years and they've spent a small fortune on acquiring them! :D :ayatollah:

beckford got batterd by hudson darcey and gerrard i was shocked because i was oh no here we go at start of the game :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:23 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:Whilst I think all of us realise we need a bit more firepower, I'd still prefer our forwards to Leicester's, as Beckford, Vassell & Nugent, haven't scored consistently for donkey's years and they've spent a small fortune on acquiring them! :D :ayatollah:

beckford got batterd by hudson darcey and gerrard i was shocked because i was oh no here we go at start of the game :ayatollah:

I was trying to work out why Beckford kept on getting picked up by much smaller players yesterday as well, as Gunnarson, Kiss, Cowie and Darcy picked him up on occasion!

He ended up winning nothing to be fair to our players though and I think that Darcy has still got him in his ar$e pocket! :D :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 am

Overthemoon wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

I was trying to work out why Beckford kept on getting picked up by much smaller players yesterday as well, as Gunnarson, Kiss, Cowie and Darcy picked him up on occasion!

He ended up winning nothing to be fair to our players though and I think that Darcy has still got him in his ar$e pocket! :D :ayatollah:

indeed he big lad to must of had led boots on .......... haha