Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Heaton interview

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 am

On his "nervous breakdown" at the end of last season;-

"CF11: Then last season, after establishing yourself as number one here, you suffered those injuries that hampered your season from late February onwards. That must have been a frustrating time?

TOM: Very frustrating. Things were being said at the time as well, on the internet and in various circles, about me not wanting to play which really hurt me. Anybody who knows me will know that I'm not that kind of person and that's not what I'm like at all - I love playing for this Club and I was so frustrated that the injury was holding me back. To hear those accusations were upsetting. I had a problem with my groin and tried to play on with it but couldn't. I had a tear in it and came back probably too soon before aggravating the problem again. I tried to battle through it again and then tore it worse than the first time. I spoke to Dave Jones who asked me provide cover on the bench though and he had difficulties in that respect with having so many loan players in the squad and not wanting to have to use up two of those for the goalkeeping positions. There was a lot going on which wasn't helping my recovery particularly - including my desire to come back as soon as I could - so as for the rumours that I didn't want to play - they were just rubbish. I was hurt by all that, but I think these things ultimately make you stronger."

Re: Heaton interview

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:01 am

I think heaton deserves an apologyy personally

Re: Heaton interview

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Gup1 wrote:Who reported he had a nervous breakdown and was unwilling to play? Discraful act if this was reported as fact and yes an apology should be forthcomming if this was reported.

Have you ever read George Orwell's Animal Farm?

If not, I recommend you do so.

It's fitting, not least because the update that featured this story has probably been deleted.

I understand that sources may be less than impeccable but if this is the case why, in turn, put the story into the public domain?

It's irresponsible and in this case, libellous.