Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Face 70 days , then everythings sold to pay...

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:20 pm

off scam!! Riddler is one big fat lier, all he does he say's what everyone wants to hear, if its all bad things then its sam hammams fault, and anything good is all peter ridsdale's doing! the guy can't help chat shit!!!

trust me, we need him gone! he's crept his way back into football after leeds, filled his bank account, bought his car's and sorted his houses out done alot more.... and all this from a man who came here skint and bought 500k shares so he tells us! maybe 500k worth of shares but not at that price, think it was 1p a share

the guy is a **** and bleeding this club dry!!!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -25252388/

Re: Cardiff Face 70 days , then everythings sold to pay...

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:25 pm

RIDDERS OUT

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Language language! :)

If Sam did the decent thing and signed the paperwork then there'd be no need for all this.

I imagine this news has come out now to force Sams hand. He'll sign in the new year or face getting
very little.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:28 pm

heres todays high court winding up orders we are 58th
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/ ... inding.htm

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:32 pm

The news would come out simply as it's on the High Court's listings.

I wouldn't panic too much, the reported sum is just over one million pounds to be found in 70 days , in other words just over two months. No doubt new investment/player sales in Jan will be used to repay HMRC .

Not good house keeping though.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Sam wants back in on the board, after riddler shafted him!

at least sam made us feel apart of the club like a big family and not like a buisness

yer he wen't abit mad but i honestly think he and us fans all got caught up in the times and the club moving forward! and money was going past and living beyond our means, lets face it, if i had a few million and bought a cardiff city football club id buy koumas, and some other good players we all like and i reckon id be skint after a few years, just got to learn how to manage money and have somone behind you managing it all

he was a passionate man

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Ben wrote:Sam wants back in on the board, after riddler shafted him!

at least sam made us feel apart of the club like a big family and not like a buisness

yer he wen't abit mad but i honestly think he and us fans all got caught up in the times and the club moving forward! and money was going past and living beyond our means, lets face it, if i had a few million and bought a cardiff city football club id buy koumas, and some other good players we all like and i reckon id be skint after a few years, just got to learn how to manage money and have somone behind you managing it all

he was a passionate man

1) And Sam shafted, well, everyone. As Wimbledon fans pointed out at the time. How much did Sam get for selling Plough Lane?
2) Football clubs are in the s*** they are because they aren't run particularly well as businesses; when they are, fans then moan.
3) We didn't buy Koumas - remember? Sam engineered the situation whereby Koumas looked a tit going on strike... except we couldn't afford him.
4) Maybe. Hammam was also a man who knew what to say and to whom. If you didn't buy into it, well...

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:38 pm

didn't say we did buy koumas

i said if i had loads of cash and bought the city, id be out buying loads of players like koumas etc :roll:

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:46 pm

The more concerning matters you should be thinking about is the following, HMRC want their one million odd pounds and have given a stay of execution of 70 days but what do you think in between the reaction of all the rest of the creditors to the business will be if they feel the business is going to be wound up by the receiver on behalf of HMRC . Panic I would imagine from basics like printers, cleaners, all the way to the top such as Directors Loans and unpaid building costs. Rather like the gold rush in reverse. How much does all that total and who will be first with Stat demands that can only be defended if there is a dispute.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Forget Sam Hammam and the damage he caused...this is a problem caused by the present people in charge...Sam H has not taken anything out of the club for a few years now...so where has all the TRansfer monies, Tv MONIES fa CUP MONIES, Increased attendance monies season ticket monies all gone??????

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Well its hards to trust PR now, two stadium managers & all. :evil: :|

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:55 pm

corky wrote:Forget Sam Hammam and the damage he caused...this is a problem caused by the present people in charge...Sam H has not taken anything out of the club for a few years now...so where has all the TRansfer monies, Tv MONIES fa CUP MONIES, Increased attendance monies season ticket monies all gone??????

Spot on Corky, The money owed to Sam/Langstone hasnt been paid so where is all the money being generated by the club going?(20k average crowds) huge wages, huge bonueses etc etc there are still works unopaid for on the stadium project so we can rule out some of those costs too.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Ridsdale out.

I stopped trusting him a few months ago, and this confirms (even with Chan joining the board) that I/we were right to dis-trust him.

Ridsdale seems to have almost created a Leeds Mark II...

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 pm

spot on corky, as i said RIDDERS is bleeding this club dry!!

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:Ridsdale seems to have almost created a Leeds Mark II...

We haven't bought Michael Duberry, I wouldn't go that far :lol:

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Alex wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:Ridsdale seems to have almost created a Leeds Mark II...

We haven't bought Michael Duberry, I wouldn't go that far :lol:

Lmao ;) Okay perhaps not... but almost as bad, it seems.

I thought I'd be happy about Chan joining, but it just appears to be trying to cover-up the fact that the club's finances are royally screwed.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:30 pm

corky wrote:Forget Sam Hammam and the damage he caused...this is a problem caused by the present people in charge...Sam H has not taken anything out of the club for a few years now...so where has all the TRansfer monies, Tv MONIES fa CUP MONIES, Increased attendance monies season ticket monies all gone??????

so, the debt run up by hammam, affecting various areas for the cub clearly can have no knock on effects at the moment, hamstringing the club. not at all...

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:34 pm

nerd wrote:so, the debt run up by hammam, affecting various areas for the cub clearly can have no knock on effects at the moment, hamstringing the club. not at all...

True.

The debt could have been substantially reduced by Ridsdale.

Instead it's increased.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:40 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
nerd wrote:so, the debt run up by hammam, affecting various areas for the cub clearly can have no knock on effects at the moment, hamstringing the club. not at all...

True.

Instead it's increased.

Increase was inevitable. Would you have been happy if money from sales wasn't reinvested in fees / wages for players incoming, paying off Langston, we plummeted the divisions, making us more unattractive to potential investors?

Face facts - Sam left us in the shit, big time. He'd have stayed, no new stadium, attendance cut due to not having the terracing available. It's difficult for anyone to get us out of the hole left behind.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:46 pm

nerd wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:

True.

Instead it's increased.

Increase was inevitable. Would you have been happy if money from sales wasn't reinvested in fees / wages for players incoming, paying off Langston, we plummeted the divisions, making us more unattractive to potential investors?

Face facts - Sam left us in the shit, big time. He'd have stayed, no new stadium, attendance cut due to not having the terracing available. It's difficult for anyone to get us out of the hole left behind.

With naming rights taken off, the club was only (arguably) left in £15m of debt from Sam.

We're now in more than that, and close to administration.

Heck, without Chan's investment the club will fold in 70 day's time.

There has been MASSIVE waste behind the scenes. This is Ridsdale's fault, not some other guy who left 4-5 years ago.

Ridsdale is to blame here, no-one else.