Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what do u think our average gate will be ?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:18 pm

At the end of the season?

Historically , they pick up after Xmas, and with at least 1 sell out due (against The Jacks) , and a Boxing day game against Plymouth , I think we could manage around 21,000.

Away crowds have been poor though, excluding Scunthorpe, (672), and obviously Newcastle. (2,015)

Re: what do u think our average gate will be ?

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Joff wrote:At the end of the season?

Historically , they pick up after Xmas, and with at least 1 sell out due (against The Jacks) , and a Boxing day game against Plymouth , I think we could manage around 21,000.

Away crowds have been poor though, excluding Scunthorpe, (672), and obviously Newcastle. (2,015)

Next biggest away following in the league was just over 1000 from Forest.

Apart from Sheff Wed away we've taken more to every single away game than that.

Can't really see anyone else except Swansea and West brom bringing many here either. Even West Brom is a midweek one. Maybe leicester will bring 1000 + in 2 weeks ?

After Xmas we've got Peterborough, Blackpool, Doncaster all one after another, unless we are really playing well we'll struggle to get over 18000 for each of these, so maybe 20k average unless we can sustain a promotion challenge.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Joff wrote:At the end of the season?

Next biggest away following in the league was just over 1000 from Forest.

Apart from Sheff Wed away we've taken more to every single away game than that.

Can't really see anyone else except Swansea and West brom bringing many here either. Even West Brom is a midweek one. Maybe leicester will bring 1000 + in 2 weeks ?

After Xmas we've got Peterborough, Blackpool, Doncaster all one after another, unless we are really playing well we'll struggle to get over 18000 for each of these, so maybe 20k average unless we can sustain a promotion challenge.

at least they are win-able games.....if we do ok over the next few weeks then crowds make pick up, more importantly, if as rumours suggest the Malaysians do take over 100% then we'll certainly see the dawning of a new era and a scramble for tickets probably.... :P

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:25 pm

All depends on how well we do over xmas and who we sign in january(if we sign anyone)

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:01 pm

cefnblue wrote:All depends on how well we do over xmas and who we sign in january(if we sign anyone)

I agree with these comments, a lot can happen.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Can't see us selling out any league game.

The 'Jack' gzme will undoubtedly be played on a Sunday and it wasn't a sell out last year.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Jordi Culé wrote:Can't see us selling out any league game.

The 'Jack' gzme will undoubtedly be played on a Sunday and it wasn't a sell out last year.

Yes, it was sold out well before the game last year.

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/l ... &id=440074

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:09 pm

I'll stand corrected.

There were tickets (I thought) knocking about before the game. My memory isn't the best mind!

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

I think the average gate will be 20,500 - 21,000 we got games like Swansea which will be a sell out. Also WBA will be a big game, Middlesbrough will be another big crowd. Sheff Wed will be another big crowd as it is the last home game of the season. As we get to feb and we are up there in the top 8 the crowds will increase.