Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCC atmosphere

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:33 pm

There has been much debate recently concerning the current atmosphere at the new Cardiff City Stadium, compared to the much loved atmosphere at Ninian Park.'

Whilst I am in aggreeance with the fact that it is quiet at times, there are many factors which affect the current stadiums atmosphere.

Our crowds have increased from 11,800 a few years back to 21,056 as of this week. This is a remarkable increase in support and I think that the effect of this increased support is the attraction of more females and young children.

When we were getting crowds of 11,-12,000 I am assumming that the majority of the support would have been men and they are more likley to cheer for longer periods, thus improving the atmosphere.

From my experience, young fans and women ( I have taken my nephew and my missus), whilst get behind their team, are less likley to cheer for long periods.

The all seater stadium, present seating plan and over zealous stewarding also appears to have an negative effect in the overall atmosphere at CCS.

On a personal note, I always thought the Bob Bank Terrace and seating was mostly quiet anyway, and whilst block A did their bit, they were not exactly loud from where I was standing.

Todays crowd are also more expectant, therefore they are more likley to moan if things didnt go to plan an an early stage.

Whatsmore, our home record is not exactly formidable at the moment is it.

Our away support is also not as loud as it was either. Years back if we took 1,200 away we would not only take over a town, but we would sing non stop throught. Again our away support has changed from mostly men to many young children, OAP's and women.

Another factor regarding our away support is that at night matches our level of support is much louder, which again, is due to the decrease in families following us.

Therefore, I think its the type of fan we now have which has contributed to the down turn is atmosphere as opposed to the stadium itself.

Re: CCC atmosphere

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Ban Women i say!!!

Re: CCC atmosphere

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:37 pm

A fair assesment I would say of the current state of our support base :)