Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TOM HEATON VERBALLY ABUSED TODAY "

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Quite a few of the forum members were chatting in the Ninian Park pub prior to the game when in walked Dai Hunt and as always he got a loud reception. But straight away Dai was talking (shouting) that he has been banned by the club, a few of us gathered around to find out why and Dai explained that someone had created a twitter account claiming to be Dai Hunt and this fake tweeter had tweeted to Tom Heaton that 'he was a c**t!'. Dai then got really uptight and kicked a stool which hit Lyndon (Newblue) but no hurt was caused.

Dai says as a result Wayne Nash approached him today and told him he was banned from the club for one game (today's).

Now anyone who knows Dai will probably agree that Dai Hunt has not got a twitter account and some would go as far as to say he probably would not know how to even go about creating one.

Dai was actually in tears telling us that he had been banned.

I thought the best thing to do is to ring Wayne Nash and tell him how upset Dai was and that he, in my opinion, has not got a twitter account.

Then out comes the truth.

Wayne Nash explained to me that it has nothing to do about twitter but about Dai's behaviour. Wayne told me that he has had to speak to Dai on at least three occasions about harassing our players down at the Vale training centre but Dai has not heeded any of the warnings, then today Tom Heaton pulled up in his car and Dai went scurrying across the car park and as Tom got out of his car Dai launched into Heaton with a load of abuse and the two of them had an altercation in the car park in view of everyone in sight and hear shot.

Malky was really peeved off with the incident and wanted something done about it and spoke with Wayne, who then went and issued Dai with his one match ban.

Before I finished the call a Wayne asked me to explain to Dai again why he has been banned and that the message has got to get across to him as he was also upset when Wayne was talking to him but Dai was not listening to what was being said.

I explained to Dai what Wayne had told me actually happened and even then Dai kept banging on that he did not set up the twitter account even I was not getting through.

I went back into the pub and explained to everyone who wanted to know what had happened and that Dai was definitely banned for today's game. Dai was tamping now as the questions were flying at him.

"What did you say to Heaton, Dai?", "Nothing, I just offered him my hand but he had a go at me!" was the reply.

"Are you going to try and get in Dai?", "No they have warned me they will pick me up and throw me out if I try and go to my seat!"

"When was the last time you missed a City match Dai?", "I have only missed one game in 49 years and that was when I fell off my bike"

Then someone shouted "Get the trust to help you Dai!"

And he was gone, hurtling down towards the stadium with his carrier bag making a beeline for the Trust office, shouting "I am a trust member".

I spoke with Keith Morgan outside the Trust office and asked had Dai been over and Keith said he had but when he came in ranting about being banned and what were the Trust going to do to help him, Keith said I had three members of the Portsmouth trust in the office and everyone was a bit stunned.

Dai Hunt then made his way to sit in the Ninian Park pub whilst the game was on.

During the game I got a call to say that Dai has got so bad lately that some of the players are now resorting to going out through fire exits to avoid him.

After the game I was chatting to Vince Alm and without mentioning anything myself Vince said he was appalled with Dai Hunt's behaviour earlier that day, Vince said Dai ran over to Heaton's car and when Heaton got out Dai shouted obscenities at him and told Heaton 'you're the reason we are not going to Wembley'. Vince said it was disgusting by Dai.

On the walk back to the Ninian Park pub, Dai was approaching us when Annis shouted ' Hey Dai we won!"

Dai's response "f**k OFF!!" and he turned and walked the other way, everyone was pissing themselves.

Hopefully the lesson has been learned by Dai and he will curb his behaviour.

Re: " TOM HEATON VERBALLY ABUSED TODAY "

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 pm

Shame. People do make mistakes but what he said was a bit harsh. If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all!

Wow, didn't realise he was that bad!

He might be city through n through but the mans a cock

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:54 pm

The man is a feckin nuisance.

The plaers are doing their best and don't deserve crap like that.

Only at Cardiff! :o :shock: :roll: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On hearing about the Twitter thing I actually felt quite sorry for the old fecker! But then on finding out about what actually happened I think Dai was actually VERY lucky to get away with a one match ban! Could you imagine what might have happened if Tom Heaton had done a Mancini and started waving the imaginary red Card to Wayne! :lol:

Nah, on a serious note, Dai has to take responsibility for his childish behaivour today, take the punishment - and count himself very lucky!

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:56 pm

He ain't right in the head, never has been.
An attention seeker. It's pathetic players should feel afraid of idiots like him.

I sat next to him for a while in the Bob Bank and it spoilt the game.

Is Tom Heaton even on Twitter?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Wow, it was only a matter of time

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:57 pm

is dai the old fella with the side burns and beard that always hanging around after the games ? :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:58 pm

Merlin wrote:On hearing about the Twitter thing I actually felt quite sorry for the old fecker! But then on finding out about what actually happened I think Dai was actually VERY lucky to get away with a one match ban! Could you imagine what might have happened if Tom Heaton had done a Mancini and started waving the imaginary red Card to Wayne! :lol:

Nah, on a serious note, Dai has to take responsibility for his childish behaivour today, take the punishment - and count himself very lucky!

Merlin mail on head.

I fully agree with your comments and think Wayne Nash let him off gently.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:00 pm

I sat near him a few times in the Bob Bank, I thought he was hilarious. He can go over the top though.

i think he is very lucky to only get a one game ban...

it was a stupid thing to do.. there is no doubt he is a passionate fan, but i personally find him embarrassing at many a time..

somehow though i just do not think he even knows what he has done....

personally , i would have seen him banned a bit longer to show him that you just cannot do things like this...

about 45 years would have been more appropriate ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Annis said to Dai we won !! :o :shock: :? :lol: Thats both Dai and Annis that missed the last goal then :lol: :lol: :lol: They actually had something in common :D 8-) 8-) 8-)

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 pm

I had a dog like that once :lol: in the end he wouldnt take notice so we took his balls off. Do you think Di would mined if he was done also ? :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nuclearblue wrote:Annis said to Dai we won !! :o :shock: :? :lol: Thats both Dai and Annis that missed the last goal then :lol: :lol: :lol: They actually had something in common :D 8-) 8-) 8-)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! low! :lol: How far down sloper rd was Annis when the crowd roared then? you rekon he made it to the petrol station!!! :lol:

Bluebird99 wrote:Wow, it was only a matter of time

Aye, spot on there Steve.

I watch Dai going up to strangers and talking about City and how it should be like. For the average person this type of individual makes them uncomfortable. Indeed it is only a question of time before the likes of Dai Hunt go one step too far.

lets be hinest if Dai was not such a known character he would be serving a life time ban now.

worcester_ccfc wrote:Wow, didn't realise he was that bad!

I normally defend Dai,saying about his commitment to the City etc. But on reading Carl's report about his abusing players down the Vale and abuse of Heaton today, he has gone way over the top..

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I had a dog like that once :lol: in the end he wouldnt take notice so we took his balls off. Do you think Di would mined if he was done also ? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I know him very well, since I was born! What a mad man!! Cardiff through and through this guy is! He walked past me earlier away from the stadium which i found strange and now I know why! Hahaha

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 pm

If I was the players I'd tell him to f**k off to he don't give them a break :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:12 pm

having worked with dai hunt as a postie back in the 90s, i could tell you many countless occasions he upset the general public, the man is city through and through no doubt but he is a pain in the a*** and quite embarrassing at city games.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:15 pm

So it's only one game?

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Blokes a dick for doing that!
I've only met him once outside the Ninian and he was fecking moaning then about nothing!

No need for the treatment Tom got off him IMO
Last edited by LutonBluebird on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:So it's only one game?

Yes Luke.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Think I know this bloke he sat behind me a few times at the old ninian stadium always had a carrier bag full off stuff shouting his head off and at the fans around him lol