RIDSDALE IS ON RADIO 5 NOW

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Giving it the big one, he saved us.

Re: RIDSDALE IS ON RADIO 5 NOW

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:21 pm

WHat a tosser...

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:24 pm

HE SAID WE DON'T OWE THE BANKS ANYTHING. THAT'S BECAUSE THEY WON'T LEND US ANY . YOU tw*t.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:25 pm

jamccfc wrote:HE SAID WE DON'T OWE THE BANKS ANYTHING. THAT'S BECAUSE THEY WON'T LEND US ANY . YOU tw*t.

He gets Worse, than man is on, another planet.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:28 pm

jamccfc wrote:HE SAID WE DON'T OWE THE BANKS ANYTHING. THAT'S BECAUSE THEY WON'T LEND US ANY . YOU tw*t.

priceless :lol:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:29 pm

I thought we did owe a bank?

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:30 pm

SteW wrote:I thought we did owe a bank?

not according to our saviour, we have no overdraft or owe any money to the banks.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:32 pm

We owe Barclay's for the money advanced against TV revenues.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

somebody should tell the thief because he doesn't think so.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Good point.

Also Barcalys have a Debenture, they wouldnt have that if they werent owed anything .

Seems the man just cant help himself.

Is he

a. A liar

or
b. just not very bright ?

Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Giving it the big one, he saved us.

We all knew that anyway, we're just so ungrateful to him for it..... :evil:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Hysterical interview! Thought I'd send something along to the BBC and felt it rude not to copy our Pete in too.

"As a Cardiff City fan, I find the Ridsdale interview laughable. Since he took over, he has, as he stated, made a net profit on transfers of £22m. Despite that, the debt has increased from £27.1m in 2006 when he took over to what is now nearer £40m. £10m is owed to Langston, but an additional £1m is added to that for every year until 2016 should we not pay that back in full, leaving the actual debt at £15m. An additional £5m is owed via naming rights for the stadium or promotion to the Premier League. £9m is owed to PMG who own the club, £1.6m to HMRC and £2m to Steve Borley and another £2m to Michael Isaacs. That's nearly £35m straightaway which is undisputed. However, the list of creitors who are owed money is lengthening by the day. They vary from such things as stadium related costs, which by the way Ridsdale pocketed a bonus of £500k for completing on time and on budget, although it was neither delivered on time and certainly not in budget, to having not paid for the training facilities, cutlery, coach providers and even toilet paper suppliers! When added up, it will not be at all difficult for the figure of £35m to be a lot nearer £40m at present and not necessarily below it.

He says he has learnt the lessons from Leeds and only spends money we have. Well, I almost fell off my chair laughing. In 2007, our turnover was £10.7m, our wage bill alone £9.6m and we made an operating loss of £5.5m. In 2008, turnover was £12.8m, our wage bill alone £13.4m and an operating loss of £8.4m, despite reaching the Cup Final. He referred to seling players to keep the club going, but all it did/ does is subsidise huge wages paid to players such as Fowler, Hasselbank, Sinclair, Chopra etc, whilst even mediocre players like Feeney & Capaldi who can't get a game are on substantial contracts.

On projected turnover of £17m per year, we will make an operating loss of around £2m per year, but that is before any debt repayments are factored in, of which £1m a year to Langston is now a necessity due to a fairly recent agreement. Ridsdale has also spent £3m of next seasons ticket money and around £2m of next seasons TV money too, meaning a projected operating loss for next season is a conservative £8m. I stress, that is hugely conservative and only covers debts we know about. I have no doubt there are many more skeletons in the closet.

A complex landsale agreement with the council and the personal intervention of the owner Paul Guy and major shareholder Steve Borley will almost certainly ensure the HMRC debt is paid by the end of the month. However, we have few if any income streams available for the rest of this season, despite having to pay a monthly wage bill of £1.2m. So dire are our finances, we have not paid many other running costs for some time, something that is not going to change any time soon.
Peter Ridsdale is an eloquent speaker and a charming man, but completely bereft of the most basic fiscal skills to run a corner shop, let alone a multi-million pound business such as a football club. Without a takeover or major investment, CCFC will all but certainly be in administration by the end of the season and one man alone has taken us to what is all but an almost inevitable and painful conclusion. He tried to divert blame for Leeds, the same at Barnsley, now he is doing the same at Cardiff. It doesn't take a genius to work out that there is one constant to the financial meltdown at these clubs. Peter Ridsdale. He's either very unlucky or an incompetent dreamer lacking any fiscal skills whatsoever. I think most of us know which one.

His sole business plan has been to attract invetsment, not to run the club within its means, whilst his personal dealings regarding his own company W H Sports have a huge question mark in terms of legality and have left him being chased by HMRC on a personal level as well as relating to CCFC. This story has far from gone away, with HMRC chasing personal payment of Ridsdale of around £400k. Failure to do so will esult in him being struck off from being a Company Director, something that should long have been the case anyway."

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:10 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Hysterical interview! Thought I'd send something along to the BBC and felt it rude not to copy our Pete in too.

"As a Cardiff City fan, I find the Ridsdale interview laughable. Since he took over, he has, as he stated, made a net profit on transfers of £22m. Despite that, the debt has increased from £27.1m in 2006 when he took over to what is now nearer £40m. £10m is owed to Langston, but an additional £1m is added to that for every year until 2016 should we not pay that back in full, leaving the actual debt at £15m. An additional £5m is owed via naming rights for the stadium or promotion to the Premier League. £9m is owed to PMG who own the club, £1.6m to HMRC and £2m to Steve Borley and another £2m to Michael Isaacs. That's nearly £35m straightaway which is undisputed. However, the list of creitors who are owed money is lengthening by the day. They vary from such things as stadium related costs, which by the way Ridsdale pocketed a bonus of £500k for completing on time and on budget, although it was neither delivered on time and certainly not in budget, to having not paid for the training facilities, cutlery, coach providers and even toilet paper suppliers! When added up, it will not be at all difficult for the figure of £35m to be a lot nearer £40m at present and not necessarily below it.

He says he has learnt the lessons from Leeds and only spends money we have. Well, I almost fell off my chair laughing. In 2007, our turnover was £10.7m, our wage bill alone £9.6m and we made an operating loss of £5.5m. In 2008, turnover was £12.8m, our wage bill alone £13.4m and an operating loss of £8.4m, despite reaching the Cup Final. He referred to seling players to keep the club going, but all it did/ does is subsidise huge wages paid to players such as Fowler, Hasselbank, Sinclair, Chopra etc, whilst even mediocre players like Feeney & Capaldi who can't get a game are on substantial contracts.

On projected turnover of £17m per year, we will make an operating loss of around £2m per year, but that is before any debt repayments are factored in, of which £1m a year to Langston is now a necessity due to a fairly recent agreement. Ridsdale has also spent £3m of next seasons ticket money and around £2m of next seasons TV money too, meaning a projected operating loss for next season is a conservative £8m. I stress, that is hugely conservative and only covers debts we know about. I have no doubt there are many more skeletons in the closet.

A complex landsale agreement with the council and the personal intervention of the owner Paul Guy and major shareholder Steve Borley will almost certainly ensure the HMRC debt is paid by the end of the month. However, we have few if any income streams available for the rest of this season, despite having to pay a monthly wage bill of £1.2m. So dire are our finances, we have not paid many other running costs for some time, something that is not going to change any time soon.
Peter Ridsdale is an eloquent speaker and a charming man, but completely bereft of the most basic fiscal skills to run a corner shop, let alone a multi-million pound business such as a football club. Without a takeover or major investment, CCFC will all but certainly be in administration by the end of the season and one man alone has taken us to what is all but an almost inevitable and painful conclusion. He tried to divert blame for Leeds, the same at Barnsley, now he is doing the same at Cardiff. It doesn't take a genius to work out that there is one constant to the financial meltdown at these clubs. Peter Ridsdale. He's either very unlucky or an incompetent dreamer lacking any fiscal skills whatsoever. I think most of us know which one.

His sole business plan has been to attract invetsment, not to run the club within its means, whilst his personal dealings regarding his own company W H Sports have a huge question mark in terms of legality and have left him being chased by HMRC on a personal level as well as relating to CCFC. This story has far from gone away, with HMRC chasing personal payment of Ridsdale of around £400k. Failure to do so will esult in him being struck off from being a Company Director, something that should long have been the case anyway."

Salad, why do you persist in ruining your messages by saying we've spent NEXT seasons TV income when that is blatently NOT TRUE. When you do that and make other wild assumptions you lose your argument with him straight away.

There is enough evidence available to hang him, without introducing stuff like that.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:20 pm

It is true.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:56 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Good point.

Also Barcalys have a Debenture, they wouldnt have that if they werent owed anything .

Is he

a. A liar

or

Yes.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:37 pm

saladthedragon wrote:It is true.

Either way we are fucked

Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:49 pm

CornwallBluebird wrote:

Either way we are fucked

Indeed

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:42 pm

what a load of utter shite he came up with in that interview

Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:51 pm

saladthedragon wrote:
CornwallBluebird wrote:

Either way we are fucked

Indeed

Its not true.

Why do you think it is ?

£1.5m borrowed against the 2nd tranche of THIS seasons money, due in April.

As I have said several times already, there is no guarantee we will be in the championship, so even PR couldnt borrow against this.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Good point.

Is he

a. A liar

or

both the fat tw*t

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:47 pm

It was as if he was invited on to give a lecture on how to be prudent and turn a debt ridden club into a prosperous one.

StT.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:

It was as if he was invited on to give a lecture on how to be prudent and turn a debt ridden club into a prosperous one.

StT.

who the f**k too :lol: portsmouth