Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:55 pm

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's scared that Cardiff City will crumble to dust. Our season ticket money is spent, on what I don’t know, we have no new players, the debts are only growing, we have plenty of knives and forks. Americans, Malaysians and Jersey car salesmen nowhere to be seen. There’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, there’s no end to it.

The food in the stadium is too expensive and unfit to eat, the beer is warm and the profits already bundled into some bogus bonus. We sit at home and listen for scores on the internet, a text, Jeff f*cking Stelling or scum loving BBC Wales. We see the Jack Bastards above us as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

We know things are bad – worse than bad – far worse than bad they are crazy.
It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we stop going to games. We sit in the house or hide behind a keyboard. The City is getting smaller and weaker, it’s falling apart, all we say is,

“Please, at least leave us alone in our sheltered lives with our laptops our iphones our blackberry our sky sports subscriptions, leave me alone and I wont say anything”

Well me I am not going to leave you alone behind your keyboard, I wont let you feel satisfied by sending a text, moaning to the wife or simply changing channel.

I want you to get mad, I want you to get real mad.

Right now I don’t want a protest, I don’t want a riot, I don’t want you to write letters of complaint. I wouldn’t be able to tell you what to write anyway. I don’t know what to do about Ridsdale, administration, HMRC, building debts, over zealous stewards I DON’T KNOW.

What I do know is that you need to get mad.

You have gotta say, “I’m a Cardiff City supporter my voice, my feelings my thoughts have value”.

What I want you to do right now is open the front door and shout out,

“I’m a Cardiff City Supporter and I am as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore”

I’m not joking, I want you, yes you reading this right now to open your front door and shout, scream, scream so the neighbours complain, cry with the depth of passion that is burning in your gut, cry out,

“I’m a Cardiff City Supporter and I am as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore”

Phone your friends and tell them to get on the door step and shriek with the pain you are feeling,

“I’m a Cardiff City Supporter and I’m not going to take this anymore.”
“I’m a Cardiff City Supporter and I’m not going to take this anymore”

Inspired by the character Howard Beale in the film Network and how his feeling of life mirror those of my beloved club right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

Re: I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Sorry, i won't have that. The Brains SA is lovely & cold!

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:01 pm

what a post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

we wont take it anymore

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Ditto. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 pm

I have always thought that timing is the key to successful protests.

That time will arrive once the EGM is out of the way when serious planning must begin to mobilise at least 1,000 fans for the Middlesbrough game.

Even those like me who have preached patience have now had enough.

As the song goes, it's time for action.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have always thought that timing is the key to successful protests.

That time will arrive once the EGM is out of the way when serious planning must begin to mobilise at least 1,000 fans for the Middlesbrough game.

Even those like me who have preached patience have now had enough.

As the song goes, it's time for action.

On a more serious note to my last one, I totaly AGREE. I to have thought that patience & restraint have been the right thing to do, however i am not going to stand back & be ridiculed & laughed at by the so called CONTS who are supposedly running OUR club!

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm

also myself in all seriousness, this post extolls my feelings, but I agree it is time for action, the very minimum we must know what's going on, we must demand that, if as I believe our club's existence is being gambled, the board must go

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Agree whole heartedly muk,my neighbours know exactly how i feel about our club,they either here me cheering or moaning so i have just shouted out the street,so their probably saying oh city lost again then,but your right somethings got to be done.