http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.com/

Cheers TLG,
Hope you feel better.

Re: Bluebirds Closing In On Malaysian Deal

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:08 pm

2 million for 10 percent is he taking the piss

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Not a lot. I had to come home from work early. I want to go to bed but I'm spending all my time dashing between the computer and the loo. I've got what we now call the Chopras!

:lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

pompey blue wrote:2 million for 10 percent is he taking the piss

£2 million for 10% of a club that is around £30 to £35 million in debt?

I reckon he's being fleeced!

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Great post Dave :P

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:16 pm

as long as the debt is being cleared i can see him come in for 2 million and get 10 percent and no debt get paid off

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:18 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:See link:

Just been read it, very interesting and as I have always said your one of the best writers out there, but PR stated that he had already received millions from them in that meeting we had, do you agree with me he told porkies and done another spin to us,as I believe we have only received £200,000 so far of them and the rest wont come till Sam signs.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Another good piece Dave, hope you feel better soon!

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just been read it, very interesting and as I have always said your one of the best writers out there, but PR stated that he had already received millions from them in that meeting we had, do you agree with me he told porkies and done another spin to us,as I believe we have only received £200,000 so far of them and the rest wont come till Sam signs.

I can't remember what Ridsdale said exactly, but my understanding is that a significant sum of money has already arrived as a statement of intent and gesture of goodwill, and that the balance is likely to be paid before Christmas.

If Tien Ghee has paid £200,000 so far, that is still a considerable sum of money, especially given the position the club is in.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:37 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just been read it, very interesting and as I have always said your one of the best writers out there, but PR stated that he had already received millions from them in that meeting we had, do you agree with me he told porkies and done another spin to us,as I believe we have only received £200,000 so far of them and the rest wont come till Sam signs.

I can't remember what Ridsdale said exactly, but my understanding is that a significant sum of money has already arrived as a statement of intent and gesture of goodwill, and that the balance is likely to be paid before Christmas.

If Tien Ghee has paid £200,000 so far, that is still a considerable sum of money, especially given the position the club is in.

Dave, he was asked and stated on several occasions millions.

But dont worry, great read.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:59 pm

he also said more this week ( ie. last week )

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:39 pm

carlccfc wrote:he also said more this week ( ie. last week )

He says that every week :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm

A well written interesting articulate read for sure with a different view of thought that many on this forum to your latest ongoings of investement/takeover. The writer "The Lone Gunman" , clearly has some inside knowledge and is being privileged to information within. For what reason is unsure unless he is an employee of your Club? or for what reason would make him privy to such information, unless by sheer luck he works for Malaysian Airlines and has access to the flight booking systems! Of that I would doubt. Very interesting read for sure and something I wish to read and digest again , does anyone have the information to him being an employee , Supporter or the Malysian Airline booking officer. To come to think of it as he shows his face on his Blog, and gives his name so no doubt a Supporter you will all say ( It's been along day, are not Mondays all the same :) )

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:59 pm

What a fool, I must admit im not a reader of Blogs in general and didn't read the full sector and now see of course he is a suporter!

Not too sure about those creepies mind you.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:01 pm

TLG is a civil servant in Cardiff I believe.

He is also one of the main characters of the Cardiff City Supporters Trust (CCST).

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Reading through the thread he sounds like hes the Blogger on the Bogger. Get well soon .

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:14 pm

its those big eight legged things give me the willies :lol:

scary as f**k :D

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 pm

the welsh ''austin powers''

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:26 pm

After my second reading and slightly better one more concentrated from my first, I would raise the following points, albeit I would hope the informants of the information are not taking advantage of the Blogger and using his obvious talents of writing and relaying information to Supporters as a medium to express euphoria for their own gains.

Following new board member Datuk Chan Tien Ghee's latest visit to the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday afternoon, the much talked about Malaysian-based investment in the Bluebirds appears to have moved a step closer. I understand that City chief Peter Ridsdale and fellow director Alan Whiteley will be flying out to Kuala Lumpar later this week in order to participate in the final stages of the due diligence process as the initial phase of the proposed takeover deal nears its completion.

The due diligence is at the final stages as if stated would better worded as " findings and offer" this would be no doubt what Ridsdale and Whiteley are flying out for a face to face meeting to acertain . Considering that TG was present in the UK this weekend would presume he has no real influence of such and Ridsdale & Co are to meet with higher more important parties. It's all ready been well documented that TG was unaware that Cardiff City were in the High Court on a winding up order delayed for 10 weeks until informed by the Welsh Media/ Supporter. So that would be normal to have a face to face meeting to discuss what has been found in the due dilligence process and hopefully for you talk about the offer in return after such findings. Something else that may possibly be on the agenda is how to deal with Langston/ Hammam especially ifthey are not in agreement on the " verbal agreement" previously stated between parties regards reduction of debt for the proposed deal to move forward.

As I have previously mentioned in this blog, the first stage of the investment will see the Malaysians pay a sum in the region of £2 million for a 10% stake in the club, with a strong possibility of further and more substantial investment to follow in the New Year providing everything goes according to plan.

Until the above meeting and findings of due dilligence I would be sceptical of getting in discussion regards initial investment at this stage, more probable this is talk that certain persons want media word spread. Thats not saying its not been discussed between parties at some stage either, but it will be cards on the table time at the meeting regards the current financial position and what the offer could actually be after if any extra findings of finances. Today is also 7/12/09 so the statement of further more in the New Year providing everything " goes to plan" I find a little strange as the New Year is shortly away and as we know Jan investment can be vital for a Club to progress to the Premiership! No doubt also the " goes to plan" statement could refer to the next legal opportunity Langston have to themselves available.[/color

]No doubt major shareholders Paul Guy and Mike Hall will be keeping their fingers crossed that the Chairman's midweek visit to the Far East bears fruit. PMG Estates Ltd, the property development company owned by Guy and Hall, is currently owed around £9.7 million by the football club in relation to loans it provided to help fund the new stadium build.

[color=#FF0000]These loans, do you know if they were financed themselves or cash loans?

Never mind " crossing fingers" what will come in to play is the findings of due dilligence, how strong the thought to purchase by Vincent Tan and agreement with Langston. Last week Ridsdale talked of five different interested parties , do you have any idea which party they are meeting on this trip? or are they meeting different parties of interest ?

Peter Ridsdale has talked publicly about his desire to clear PMG's debt as quickly as possible, and now that the stadium and its associated retail developments are completed, Guy and Hall will surely be keen to cash in on their shares. However, it is my belief that they, along with the club's other major shareholders, will need to drop their asking price before the Malaysians do business.

Will all depend on the findings of all above, clearly the Malaysians will know they are in a far stronger position " to offer" than those wishing " to ask". PMG may well be happy to go for " cover cost" more than profit from selling their shareholding , this is just an assumption of different forum postings regards that they now have the retail park and a new home for the Rugby team all covered. Share price could well be far dependent on if Hammam reduces his lending agreement. This could possibly lead to a difference of agreement between current shareholders to what price they are willing to accept as well.[/color

]In recent months, I have heard suggestions that City's directors are currently valuing their shares at approximately 45p each. Considering they paid prices in January 2007 ranging between 11p and 16p per share, then the current quotes seem totally unrealistic to me, especially considering the club's debt levels. Nevertheless, it appears the Malaysians are increasingly committed to the idea of taking control of the club, so a deal remains a very strong possibility.

[color=#FF0000]I agree at present they sound very keen, valuations are what they are valuations, it's all dependent on what or who is actually prepared to pay and the level of debt agreement too. There could be many outcomes yet in this scenerio.

Tan could in fact feel hes in a position to " steal" the Club for a bargain price . PMG just could be glad to see outlay returned. Hammam could possibly be just in the wilderness until 2016.

There are many possible outcomes possible of yet for you.

Now the real dealings will begin.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:27 pm

TNT wrote:A well written interesting articulate read for sure with a different view of thought that many on this forum to your latest ongoings of investement/takeover. The writer "The Lone Gunman" , clearly has some inside knowledge and is being privileged to information within. For what reason is unsure unless he is an employee of your Club? or for what reason would make him privy to such information, unless by sheer luck he works for Malaysian Airlines and has access to the flight booking systems! Of that I would doubt. Very interesting read for sure and something I wish to read and digest again , does anyone have the information to him being an employee , Supporter or the Malysian Airline booking officer. To come to think of it as he shows his face on his Blog, and gives his name so no doubt a Supporter you will all say ( It's been along day, are not Mondays all the same :) )

Cheers TNT, for yr comments.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Annis,

No problem, there are many outcomes that could come from the writings on your forum and it's certaintly not an easy jigsaw to put together, especially with the persons involved.

Chinese whispers come to mind and supply of certain information requested/wanted to be heard. It's clearly a battle of parties for sure as you have reported.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:41 pm

TNT wrote:Annis,

No problem, there are many outcomes that could come from the writings on your forum and it's certaintly not an easy jigsaw to put together, especially with the persons involved.

Chinese whispers come to mind and supply of certain information requested/wanted to be heard. It's clearly a battle of parties for sure as you have reported.

It does seem odd that the malaysians are being asked for a Premium on their share purchase at the time when the club is allegedly failing to make the most basic of payments, like overdue creditors, inland revenue, utilities etc.. and also has a ticking time bomb of debt AND a large debt to one of the major shareholders which looks like without investment it could take a lng time to pay back (at a time when the industry this shareholder is heavily involved in is in a slump and cash is a vital commodity- construction)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:00 pm

TNT wrote:Chinese whispers come to mind and supply of certain information requested/wanted to be heard.

Those who know me (and there are plenty on this forum) can confirm that I don't speak Chinese (although I eat a lot of it), I don't whisper and my information does not come directly from anyone at the club.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Agree, Lawnmower. Some strange announcements. Your points are very valid.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
TNT wrote:Chinese whispers come to mind and supply of certain information requested/wanted to be heard.

Those who know me (and there are plenty on this forum) can confirm that I don't speak Chinese (although I eat a lot of it), I don't whisper and my information does not come directly from anyone at the club.

Thank you for your reply and I hope your wellness comes again to you shortly , maybe too many hot noodles :)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Just been read it, very interesting and as I have always said your one of the best writers out there, but PR stated that he had already received millions from them in that meeting we had, do you agree with me he told porkies and done another spin to us,as I believe we have only received £200,000 so far of them and the rest wont come till Sam signs.

Sullivan consortium before due dilligence laid to Cardiff City £170,000 as a deposit as a show of intention, when shareholders could not agree a price for shares to be purchased , the consortium walked away and had the deposit returned as a loan. TG and his £200,000 sounds around the same situation I would suggest in some format as previous.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 pm

TNT wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sullivan consortium before due dilligence laid to Cardiff City £170,000 as a deposit as a show of intention, when shareholders could not agree a price for shares to be purchased , the consortium walked away and had the deposit returned as a loan. TG and his £200,000 sounds around the same situation I would suggest in some format as previous.

I rem TNT, I really hope it doesnt happen again our fans couldnt take any more.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 pm

sorry i just a basic fan, but what is the point of ridsdale flying out there, when sam needs to sign the paperwork first. :roll:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm

dutchdog wrote:sorry i just a basic fan, but what is the point of ridsdale flying out there, when sam needs to sign the paperwork first. :roll:

I agree but truth be told they never gave millions as pr spun us they gave £200,000.