Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EGM: Brief Summary of the Meeting

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 am

Here's a summary of what went on:

• We raised £2.6m from the sale of season tickets
  • £2.3m went towards to the tax man
  • PR: Apologises again about the ST situation
  • Cost of the stadium fitout was a lot more than anticipated, that's where we went wrong. Says PR
  • We were fined for not submitting the accounts on time last year.
  • Land sale vote was passed, with two votes against
  • Langston debt is confirmed to be £10m, reduced from £24m as agreed by Sam
  • The stadium cost £61m to build
  • The plan for 2010: Sell the club, get new investment, or cut costs!
  • We are only one of 6 self sufficient clubs according to PR
  • Annis asked for a vote of no confidence supported by Big Sam, Moggs and Robbie S, borley replied with "what are you trying to prove" and gave his full backing to the chairman
  • PR: we are going to go through all our overheads in order to cut costs.
  • PR: I can't answer any more questions on winding up orders, but aim to sort them
  • PR: I will not say how much we owe creditors, as it's sensitive information.
  • PR: I will not discuss the transfer embargo
  • Flitcroft was honest and said: of course we knew about the debts when we sold the season tickets, I am sorry and we made a mistake
  • TG is not currently a registered director due to a mistake in filling in the forms

Re: EGM Brief Report/Summary

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Do Ridsdale and any of the other board members count as overheads and will they be subjected to cost cuts? I somehow doubt it. f**k off Ridsdale.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 pm

if most of tax bill been payed with seasön ticket money,what is land sale for,thought that was to pay tax bill

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:29 pm

Summed up Ridsdale answered f**k all.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Owain wrote:Here's a summary of what went on:

Who was the other AGAINST voter?

I cant wait for a more detailed explaination to the self sufficient quote. Laughable

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:36 pm

So how does the fat yorkshire pudding get a bonus for delivering the stadium on time and i presume on budget...when it wasnt????

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 pm

biggest overhead must be wages of the players surely , followed by that of Ridsdale and the manager ?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:41 pm

How do we still owe £1.7 m to Mr Taxman if they are saying 2.3m has been paid out of the 2.6m raised by the Season ticket swindle????? :evil: Thought we only paid them a million?

The board are a bunch of thieving conts and should fook right off. :evil: :evil:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 pm

KyleV wrote:How do we still owe £1.7 m to Mr Taxman if they are saying 2.3m has been paid out of the 2.6m raised by the Season ticket swindle????? :evil: Thought we only paid them a million?

The board are a bunch of thieving conts and should fook right off. :evil: :evil:

We've had bills since the first winding up petition was brough to light I think.

Whether we pay monthly I'm not sure, but since November or whenver it was we've had more tax to pay

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Owain wrote:
KyleV wrote:How do we still owe £1.7 m to Mr Taxman if they are saying 2.3m has been paid out of the 2.6m raised by the Season ticket swindle????? :evil: Thought we only paid them a million?

We've had bills since the first winding up petition was brough to light I think.

Whether we pay monthly I'm not sure, but since November or whenver it was we've had more tax to pay

Cheers Owain, but my statement about them being thieving conts still stand :lol:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Who was the other AGAINST voter?

I cant wait for a more detailed explaination to the self sufficient quote. Laughable

Annis was one.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:33 pm

The type of cost cutting they are attempting is like pissing into the wind - a few thousand here and there where we really need a 6 million a year - we all know where it should start but the big Audi will still be there until the bitter end.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:57 pm

Owain wrote:

Becasue of the amount of tax that would have to be paid CCFC would have to make monthly payments rather than quarterly

Re: EGM BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE MEETING

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:47 pm

well borley turned out to be a tosser then.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 pm

rob wrote:well borley turned out to be a tosser then.
total and utter :lol:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:20 pm

what a surprise he wont answer the questions we mainly wanted to no the answers to, we no everything else he said already

I REFUSE TO TALK ABOUT THE TRANSFER EMBARGO= THAT MEANS WERE IN A TRANSFER EMBARGO OTHERWISE HE WOULD OF SAID NO!!!!

WHY CANT THE tw*t JUST BE HONEST :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:55 pm

This marching demo at the Boro game will be Effin' Huge and i can't wait!!! :ayatollah:

Re: EGM: Brief Summary of the Meeting

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 pm

• Cost of the stadium fitout was a lot more than anticipated, that's where we went wrong. Says PR
  • Annis asked for a vote of no confidence supported by Big Sam, Moggs and Robbie S, borley replied with "what are you trying to prove" and gave his full backing to the chairman
  • PR: I can't answer any more questions on winding up orders, but aim to sort them
  • Flitcroft was honest and said: of course we knew about the debts when we sold the season tickets, I am sorry and we made a mistake
  • TG is not currently a registered director due to a mistake in filling in the forms

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE STATED ON HERE IS WHAT WAS SAID IS 100% Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:00 pm

since nov we have had in money wise
future tv rev 3 million
season ticket 2.6 million
far east investment £ 500,000 :lol:
land sale today £1.8 million
fa cup £500,000 ish?
home ticket sales? £1 million
others ????????????
£9,400,000
that proberly the worst case amount where the hell has it all gone with creditors not being payed?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:48 pm

TG IS a director, it's just that the relevant papers had to be re-submitted due to a mistake.

StT.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:04 pm

So basically he told us what the majority of us already knew and refused to answer the questions that we needed answers from.

Unbelievable but not surprising.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:16 pm

I find the unwilligness to disclose creditor figures to shareholders at an egm that will make or break the club absolutely breathtaking

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 pm

rob wrote:well borley turned out to be a tosser then.

Dont say I did'nt tell you so, they are all in it together.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Ridsdale has to cream off as much as he can, for as long as he can, as he will have to retire when he is finished with us.
HE IS NOW UNEMPLOYABLE, AND NOT JUST IN FOOTBALL. THE ONLY WORK HE WILL HAVE IS "COMMUNITY SERVICE".

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 pm

self sufficient my ass.we owe money everywhere.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 am

Cheers Owain and Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:56 am

ronny wrote:

I find the unwilligness to disclose creditor figures to shareholders at an egm that will make or break the club absolutely breathtaking

A total debt figure of £29.2m was mentioned , just not a breakdown of individual debts making that up.

But we know the PMG debt is £9m , the HMRC one £1.7m , the Langstone one £10m and the debt due to season ticket holders £2.6m , so that leaves about £6m due to others.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm

since62 wrote:
ronny wrote:

A total debt figure of £29.2m was mentioned , just not a breakdown of individual debts making that up.

But we know the PMG debt is £9m , the HMRC one £1.7m , the Langstone one £10m and the debt due to season ticket holders £2.6m , so that leaves about £6m due to others.

Keith. ARe you certain they would include the £2.6m in creditors. I dont think so. Technically it may not be right but that doesnt matter in PRs world. That would make 'other creditors' £8m +