Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PETER RIDSDALE This Morning.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 am

I just spoke to him and Congratulated him/us on a Great Win and He really was happy.
Also He was very proud of our fans behaviour last night and said we were great with our singing and the players said Thankyou.

The only bit that got to him was that he had argued with the WBA Chairman about our ticket allocation yet we never sold all our tickets that they gave us and the WBA Chairman brought it up last night.
But he kept to his word and reminded me that he had told DJ to make sure all the players come over to us at the end.

GREAT NIGHT PETER, But lets not stop there, we want PASSION EVERY WEEK.

Re: PETER RIDSDALE This Morning.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 am

Well how many other clubs have brought their full allocation for their WBA game? The Jacks had a full allocation of 2,000 odd and took up around 1,300. A bit of a weak excuse that from the WBA chairman. He is just trying to divert from the real issue and that is his club discriminated against us.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:32 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Well how many other clubs have brought their full allocation for their WBA game? The Jacks had a full allocation of 2,000 odd and took up around 1,300. A bit of a weak excuse that from the WBA chairman. He is just trying to divert from the real issue and that is his club discriminated against us.

I totally agree.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:45 am

We need to make sure the passion/commitment is shown every game, its understandable player's form dips now and then but there is no excuse for not giving 100%.
I have no doubt PR is aware of what the fans now expect and perhaps it is finaly filtering thru to DJ?.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:I just spoke to him and Congratulated him/us on a Great Win and He really was happy.
Also He was very proud of our fans behaviour last night and said we were great with our singing and the players said Thankyou.

The only bit that got to him was that he had argued with the WBA Chairman about our ticket allocation yet we never sold all our tickets that they gave us and the WBA Chairman brought it up last night.But he kept to his word and reminded me that he had told DJ to make sure all the players come over to us at the end.

at the end of the day, it was a cold, wet tuesday night with xmas round the corner, i dont think many teams would have taken their full allocation, we should be entitled to the same allocation as all the other teams, p.r should have stuck one on him :D

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:11 am

ninian forever wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I just spoke to him and Congratulated him/us on a Great Win and He really was happy.

The only bit that got to him was that he had argued with the WBA Chairman about our ticket allocation yet we never sold all our tickets that they gave us and the WBA Chairman brought it up last night.But he kept to his word and reminded me that he had told DJ to make sure all the players come over to us at the end.

at the end of the day, it was a cold, wet tuesday night with xmas round the corner, i dont think many teams would have taken their full allocation, we should be entitled to the same allocation as all the other teams, p.r should have stuck one on him :D

:lol:

I wish he would :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 am

In my eyes the ticket allocation should be set by the league, not by the clubs. I find it astounding how clubs can determine how much away support can be brought to a game. Saying that, the two major incidents where we've been discriminated against it's brought us all closer together and given us awesome away wins against Wolves and West Brom. Screw you Midlands! :)

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:06 pm

the players should want to thank us they should be told to,but fair do, McCormack was great at the end last night, but a silly steward was pushing him back.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 pm

I really wonder at times how thick some people are, especially those who run football clubs?

The point that the fans are trying to make is simple. Why are West Bromwich Albion football club restricting the ammount of tickets available to Cardiff City to 700 less than even the restricted allocation permitted by the league(which takes into account standing etc)

The ammount of tickets we sold for this game is not the issue, the issue is the fact that they restricted our allocation without a valid reason.

If the protest had not taken place and we just put up with this shit all the time, other clubs will follow suit and victimise our fans, hopefully the inconvenience caused last night and the peaceful nature of it will make others think twice.

Imagine we draw WBA in the play offs...is it fair that we only get 1300 tickets ? Ofcourse not...so how was it fair last night...

When WBA come to the Cardiff City stadium WE MUST allow them the full allocation of tickets...their fans must not be treated the same us ours, we are bigger than that and it will show them that they were the ones in the wrong.

2-0 to the City and West Brom are gutted......remember the last time West Midlands messed our fans up in Wolves...we beat them that day too.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:50 pm

i wonder if the wba chairman realises how much hassle it is to go to a game in the west midlands....the police there are incredible.... :o

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:10 pm

On the joking side WMP aren't doing much for their local sides by restricting our allocations, remember Wolves a few years ago and now WBA?

We won both games.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:On the joking side WMP aren't doing much for their local sides by restricting our allocations, remember Wolves a few years ago and now WBA?

We won both games.

:lol:

Yr right it seems to suit us.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:46 pm

The only bit that got to him was that he had argued with the WBA Chairman about our ticket allocation yet we never sold all our tickets that they gave us and the WBA Chairman brought it up last night.
But he kept to his word and reminded me that he had told DJ to make sure all the players come over to us at the end.

A lot of people saw that they were screwing about with the allocation and thought 'f'ck it'.

After the treatment we had up there last time when it seemed the police were trying to start a riot, keeping us on the road until 5 mins befor k.o and then locking the gates causing a nasty crush it wasnt suprising that many didnt bother.

By cutting our allocation with no reason at all they made it clear we just werent wanted - remember last time Wolves did this to us, 2700 one year, 1200 the next and hey presto the police are in amongst the fans smashing skulls on the slimmest of excuses.

I hope Ridsdale had the bottle to explain this to Jeremy Peace.

When we are given a free run we'll take good numbers (like we did to barnsley), screw peope about and they wont bother.

Well done to those who went, you were superb.

With a long drive to Blackburn today in front of me I just couldnt justify the hassle of going yesterday.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:11 pm

I will be honest Tim, I was worried about there being to much hassle, but ended up no probs and a great night.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will be honest Tim, I was worried about there being to much hassle, but ended up no probs and a great night.

Thats great Annis, hopefully they will be abit more sensible about it next time. The behaviour of our fans is getting better and better, it will take time for attitudes to change, but hopefully we will see a time in a couple of years when we have the same treatment as everyone else.

Not suprising though, given the fuss that the take up of tickets was lower. If they had given us 2500 tickets and no restrictions we would have taken over 2000 IMHO.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I will be honest Tim, I was worried about there being to much hassle, but ended up no probs and a great night.

Thats great Annis, hopefully they will be abit more sensible about it next time. The behaviour of our fans is getting better and better, it will take time for attitudes to change, but hopefully we will see a time in a couple of years when we have the same treatment as everyone else.

Not suprising though, given the fuss that the take up of tickets was lower. If they had given us 2500 tickets and no restrictions we would have taken over 2000 IMHO.

Lawnmower our fans have really changed and i reckon we have moved on big time for the better, but now all we ask is to be treated with respect.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Lawnmower our fans have really changed and i reckon we have moved on big time for the better, but now all we ask is to be treated with respect.

I actually think we have changed beyond recognition.