Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Devils

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:09 am

Anybody on here been or go to watch these? ..I was bored last night and ended up watching Canada v USA for the winter olympic gold , the 1st time ive watched Ice Hockey properly and fair play looks mad! .. Wouldnt mind going down to catch a game some time.

Re: Cardiff Devils

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 am

been to a few superb game and alway a good night.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:27 am

Some info about upcoming home games etc here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7806

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/index.aspx

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 am

went to my 1st with my girlfriend on the 14th against hull.

we won 7-0.

there was a great fight that the devil player won.

there is a bar and you go to your seat watch the game with your beer.

good night out.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Used to go to all the home games and quite a few aways but cant quite afford to watch city and the Devils every week now
but still love the sport

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:22 pm

ae89 wrote:Anybody on here been or go to watch these? ..I was bored last night and ended up watching Canada v USA for the winter olympic gold , the 1st time ive watched Ice Hockey properly and fair play looks mad! .. Wouldnt mind going down to catch a game some time.

Started to watch the devils ever since the Newcastle game. Not stopped ever since shame the playoffs are same day of Swansea game. If you get a chance to go watch them i bet you'll love it :D

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 pm

good night out, dont expect the level of ability as in the olympics though. they are all nhl players whereas the british league is full of canadian students or european shite lol. still a good sport though. might go more often if this club keeps pissing me off. perhaps thats what we should do, boycott the next city game (not the boro one obviously) and fill the ice rink

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:57 pm

nugent wrote:good night out, dont expect the level of ability as in the olympics though. they are all nhl players whereas the british league is full of canadian students or european shite lol. still a good sport though. might go more often if this club keeps pissing me off. perhaps thats what we should do, boycott the next city game (not the boro one obviously) and fill the ice rink

Bit harsh saying euro shite/canadian students. Some great players over here at the moment. The commentator Pope on the Olympics, runs the junior Devils teams and plays for the team below the first. Ex NHl player and his shirt number has been retired.

Most players over here are either down 1/2 leagues from the NHL Affiliates etc. Such a big market in the World for the game.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Goodshoes wrote:The commentator Pope on the Olympics, runs the junior Devils teams and plays for the team below the first. Ex NHl player and his shirt number has been retired.

I play Roller Hockey and worked with Brent Pope on his scheme to get kids involved with the sport. Don't really like him much.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Dafydd wrote:
Goodshoes wrote:The commentator Pope on the Olympics, runs the junior Devils teams and plays for the team below the first. Ex NHl player and his shirt number has been retired.

I play Roller Hockey and worked with Brent Pope on his scheme to get kids involved with the sport. Don't really like him much.[/quote]

You are not alone lol

I played Ice hockey for 10 years for Cardiff and GB - followed the devils avid fan thru the late 80's & early 90's BUT again the old rink went a new one popped up which is like a bloody air balloon!!! and things change :cry: been to a few games but costly lol and my CCFC ST took preference! (if only i knew!!!) :lol:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Yeah, the stadium is a shambles. I've heard they are in talks to build a new one where the old one stands, but it looks like a f*cking circus tent.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Dafydd wrote:Yeah, the stadium is a shambles. I've heard they are in talks to build a new one where the old one stands, but it looks like a f*cking circus tent.

The new rink is going just behind the blue tent. They're having a dual pad rink. 1 for the Main team, 1 for rec/public etc. Also other events will be going there. End of the CIA?

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:09 pm

I hope not. The CIA has been in the city centre for years

However, it makes sense.

If it goes down the bay, it's just off the motorway for people who are coming in from outside of Cardiff. It also makes sense that if the CIA goes, they can expand St. David's 2.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:22 pm

You never know with this council