Best player scrap you've ever seen?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Nottage Blue » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:56 pm

What's the best player scrap on field you've ever seen?

I remember Andy Todd and Stan Collymore toe to toe punching each other. No pushing and shoving, proper punches thrown and landing.

Franny Lee and Norman Hunter in a Derby v Leeds game in about 1975 also goes down as a classic plus Doug Rougvie belting John Fashanu was a classic. I'm sure we'd all like to punch John Fashanu!!! :lol:

Anyone seen any better ones?
Nottage Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Best player scrap you've ever seen?

Postby The Rhooster » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 pm

i go to the ice hockey now and then :lol: too many too mnetion
The Rhooster

Postby Nottage Blue » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 pm

The Rhooster wrote:i go to the ice hockey now and then :lol: too many too mnetion

Poofs sport. Like Dancing On Ice but with no sequins :lol: :lol:
Nottage Blue

Postby Jordan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Dyer And Bowyer... both at newcastle :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jordan

Postby since 64 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:06 pm

There i am with me dad at one of my earliest memories of a night games at NP', i,m an impressionable ten year old still looking for a sporting hero it's a Welsh cup game in the mid sixties and were coasting it 3-0 with every chance of adding to our score and best of all it's against the Jacks.Next thing there's a bit of bother between The Don[that's Donald Murray to those who may not know]and the Jacks Centre Forward Herbie Williams i think it was, anyway Don has sparked him out now i don't remember if it was a punch or if he landed him with a Glasgow kiss and Herbie didn't know either as he was carried off minutes later.Quite simply it was the coolest thing i'd seen on a football pitch nothing sly or devious in this action Don quite simply decked the guy and walked off the pitch did'nt even wait for the ref to send him and for one ten year old that night i'd found my sporting hero.Oh and the final score ? well we go on to lose 5-3 but hey some things are more important than the result and this was one of those occasions.
since 64

Postby Jflynn1927 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 pm

This was the 1st fight to come in my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Figkmz ... tube_gdata
Jflynn1927

Postby BlueCheg » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Wrong sport but Ponty V Brive has to be the best. I know im a egg head aswell :D
BlueCheg

Postby Dudders » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 pm

We lost to Millwall at home about 5 years ago I think? 3 players got sent off for a brawl, best one i've seen.
Dudders

Return to General Chat