Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Spoken to a few contacts

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:49 am

Vincent Tan is the man, he is the key to many more Malaysians coming on board, we are now the talk amongst many other malaysian Businessmen and I really believe the future looks good.
I was told today even with all the probs with Langston, they wont go away now, the Malaysians are in it for the full ride.

Re: Spoken to a few contacts

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks for the info let's hope your contacts are right and it could be a great xmas and new year for city fans.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:52 am

Lets hope so, it would be a shame not to be able to push forward from this position. Do you think we'll have funds in place on January to buy/keep players?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:59 am

I hope we don't just become a f*ck jar for the Malaysian businessman being tossed from one party to another. If they manage us correctly we could bring them a goldmine but I hope they realise it'll be a very long road if that is going to happen. If they want a quick fix and a bit of fun then we're the wrong team. I am glad that they are intent on getting involved though.

As with all new men in charge though I will be very studious over what they do. They have to earn our respect and friendship.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 am

This news is as encouraging as anything I have heard/read so far.

Maybe the Malaysaians are thinking along the same lines as me: without an agreement with Langston no money needs be paid until 2016 (things could be very different then), with an agreement with Langston the money will be repaid at a managable level that would still facilitate a significant investment in the business/team.

I think all parties, including Sam, know that the likelihood of the club losing the court case and having to pay up before 2016 is distinctly slim judging by the published transcript on the judgment regarding the application for summary judgment.

I have learnt with the City not to ever get too optimistic :roll: :lol: but things are looking better both on and off the pitch ................for now :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:52 am

Zabier wrote:I hope we don't just become a f*ck jar for the Malaysian businessman being tossed from one party to another. If they manage us correctly we could bring them a goldmine but I hope they realise it'll be a very long road if that is going to happen. If they want a quick fix and a bit of fun then we're the wrong team. I am glad that they are intent on getting involved though.

As with all new men in charge though I will be very studious over what they do. They have to earn our respect and friendship.

From my experience living near that part of the world i.e. Asia, these guys are fanatical fans of our leagues. then put into the equation a "Welsh" side challenging in the "English" big league, well thats just too much of a temptation for some who can afford it.

Regarding the dealings of this last few weeks though you might ask the question if they are so fanatical why dont they just pay Sam off and get on with it. Well when these guys do business they can be your best from or worst enemy. It would not surprse me if there is a love affair going on between Ridsdale and the Malaysians, business one that is, and both are working on an agreement to screw Sam. Its the Malaysian way of saying thank you to Ridsdale for making us sheepshaggers.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:18 pm

Have to agree with Bakedalasker we have to understand the Asian love of the Premiership and if they can have a "team of their own" so to speak - its a massive opportunity for us to grow with a positive financial outlook and also a huge marketing possibility if we reach the promised land

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Brilliant news but I can't help but feel a little suspicion of the motives of foreign investors. I am very happy to give them the benefit of my doubt though :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:28 pm

Anyone have a rough time scale of when they will take over??

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:Anyone have a rough time scale of when they will take over??

When sam signs the deal i suppose

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:47 pm

In my opinion no later than Jan 6th 2010 otherwise we would be Bankrupt and Sam gets nothing etc etc, Just My Opinion.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:46 pm

to be honest even if we just stop selling players we'll do ok to get out of this league, imagine we had kept Ramsey and Roger for starters....lets hope it all does happen.... :D

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 pm

cefnblue wrote:

When sam signs the deal i suppose

yes sam were waiting.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan is the man, he is the key to many more Malaysians coming on board, we are now the talk amongst many other malaysian Businessmen and I really believe the future looks good.
I was told today even with all the probs with Langston, they wont go away now, the Malaysians are in it for the full ride.

Hope this really happens soon mate, Vincent Tan is a billionaire and if he brings in more with him then bring it on, sounds very promising just hopes it becomes a reality.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan is the man, he is the key to many more Malaysians coming on board, we are now the talk amongst many other malaysian Businessmen and I really believe the future looks good.

Cheers for the info Annis.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:04 pm

It's gona happen, I can feel it in my water !!!!!!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

In my opinion no later than Jan 6th 2010 otherwise we would be Bankrupt and Sam gets nothing etc etc, Just My Opinion.

I we can bank on 23:59 5th January 2010 :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I we can bank on 23:59 5th January 2010 :lol:

:lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Bankrupt with the saleable assets such as Chopra.Ross McCormack and Matthews to sell

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan is the man, he is the key to many more Malaysians coming on board, we are now the talk amongst many other malaysian Businessmen and I really believe the future looks good. I was told today even with all the probs with Langston, they wont go away now, the Malaysians are in it for the full ride.

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.com/2 ... inent.html

http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.com/2 ... oment.html

:D

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:15 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Vincent Tan is the man, he is the key to many more Malaysians coming on board, we are now the talk amongst many other malaysian Businessmen and I really believe the future looks good. I was told today even with all the probs with Langston, they wont go away now, the Malaysians are in it for the full ride.

Where is the update, these are your old ones?

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:19 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:

old news?

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:48 am

SingaporeBlue wrote:Have to agree with Bakedalasker we have to understand the Asian love of the Premiership and if they can have a "team of their own" so to speak

I think the "team of their own" bit is the important thing in all of this. There is enormous earning potential for anyone from Asia who can get enough of the population believing that the club they own is, in effect, a local team - I can't help thinking that this is an enormous opportunity for Cardiff City, I just hope that the egos bickering over the Langston settlement don't make us miss it.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:32 pm

This makes me chuckle now! :lol:

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:12 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:

Those blogs not looking too hot...... well well no suprise, nerd passing email to super nerd hardly the basis of business dealings... maybe the blog man should stick to breeding spiders instead of making out hes superfan.... strange he gone queit with his UNFACTS...... maybe he on trust promotion biz.... certaintly needs it i hear after taking everyones subs its about to flop.... well thats the business power of tlg/corky......... stick to watching football and forget your egos, championship top 4 clubs dont need wanabes like u.