Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Im sorry but sometimes I feel

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 pm

That our Fans look stupid, first we were kicking up a storm because we only had a certain amount of tickets, and wanted more well we didnt even sell the ones we had.
And another thing that got to me last night was the chanting of USA USA USA, I bet the WBA were having a right Laugh at us for that they must have been thinking, at least we are in the World Cup.

But apart from that great night and a great 3 points for the City. So glad I went my Boss allowed me to finish at 1. 8-)

Re: Im sorry but sometimes I feel

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:23 pm

I hate some of the chants that sections of our fans sing, makes us sound pathetic

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:30 pm

I hate the Shipman chant with a Passion, makes me cringe !!!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:57 pm

I agree we are sometimes idiots and sing some pathetic songs, singing usa means they can laugh at us as were not going to the world cup and they are.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:01 pm

I agree, we need some new songs. There must be someone around South Wales who has got the talent to make some up!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:10 pm

The trouble is it's that 14-24 age group of people (obviously there are people in that age group who don't do it but those involved all seem to be that age) where they think if they start a chant it makes them cool. They're like sheep and if one does it then they all do it.

I actually have it at home games sometimes where I sit down rather than stand up all game. I don't ask the people in front to sit down and I have a kid sat behind me so if nothing's happening I will sit down and peer around the people in front. However, even in this laid back approach I still get comments made about me not standing up by those same morons. I am in the Canton Stand and am aware of the standing policy hence why I don't moan. Surely though sitting down is my prerogative, particularly because I don't moan to anyone or complain. I hate them sometimes.

I sound like such an old man now! :)

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:I agree, we need some new songs. There must be someone around South Wales who has got the talent to make some up!

we have like ross of scotland but no one ever joins in.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 pm

lagerlewis wrote:
Blue_Lloyd wrote:I agree, we need some new songs. There must be someone around South Wales who has got the talent to make some up!

we have like ross of scotland but no one ever joins in.

to be fair mate, it was heard at Plymouth away which I was told because I did'nt go and I heard it last night at West Brom. The problem nobody knows it is because it's not sang enough. At home games we sing the same 4 or 5 songs all the time. Songs like this is what we need.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:52 pm

What are the words to the Ross song? I was there last night but didnt know the words as i have never heard it sang before. Sounded good though.

I think we need better songs that everyone can sing for ages. we have a few e.g. Men of Harlech, Cardiff City fc, Your are my Cardiff. And i do like the Chris Burke song. But then we have some terrible songs like USA, the England songs are terrible.

Some good songs like Hull sing. 'Don't want to go home.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-VCLWTU ... re=related

Another song i like is the Millwall song 'No one likes us' although the words will have to be changed.
Possibly to

No one likes us,
No one likes us
No one likes us we dont care
We are Cardiff
Super Cardiff
We are Cardiff
From Ninian Park.

Just a suggestiong lol here is the link to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-4ce7bfvIk

Anyone else like these songs or not? I quite like them. They are load passionate songs.
Last edited by CHOPRA19 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 pm

CHOPRA19 wrote:What are the words to the Ross song? I was there last night but didnt know the words as i have never heard it sang before. Sounded good though.

I think we need better songs that everyone can sing for ages. we have a few e.g. Men of Harlech, Cardiff City fc, Your are my Cardiff. And i do like the Chris Burke song. But then we have some terrible songs like USA, the England songs are terrible.

Some good songs like Hull sing. 'Don't want to game home.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-VCLWTU ... re=related

Another song i like is the Millwall song 'No one likes us' although the words will have to be changed.
Possibly to

No one likes us,
No one likes us
No one likes us we dont care
We are Cardiff
Super Cardiff
We are Cardiff
From Ninian Park.

Just a suggestiong lol here is the link to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-4ce7bfvIk

Anyone else like these songs or not? I quite like them. They are load passionate songs.

Yeah but then we are copying other teams' songs again. We copied the ring of fire off Liverpool, the Chris Burke one from Man United and the Mcnaughton one about his silver hair off Man United who of course sing curly hair instead of silver hair about Owen Hargreaves.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Yh i know but alot of teams copy songs. It is very hard to come up with ur very own song and tune.
I would rather a unique song but it is alot harder.