Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burkeys goal last night the best this season?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 pm

I might sound a bit stupid but at times he reminds me of Ryan Giggs. How he is'nt in the Scotland squad I never know!

Re: Burkeys goal last night the best this season?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:07 pm

i totaly agree burke always gives 110%

top quality goal by him! :D

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:25 pm

He is so dangerous when running against defenders, he has come on a lot since I saw him briefly last season.

Two quality goals last two games aswell.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:38 pm

He's still quite lightweight but his acceleration has improved so much since he joined us. I'll never forget the absolute raping he gave that Coventry left back. It was embarrassing. I know a few Rangers fans from a football forum and they're split on him. Half of them don't rate him at all and the other half wanted to see him be given a chance.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:21 pm

I think he is our best player! bay a mile!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 pm

He's definitely too good for the Championship. He might not have been when he first joined us but the Cardiff coaching staff have done brilliantly with him. Got his fitness up, improved his acceleration and dribbling skills. We've got the best pair of wingers in this division on their day. Fortunately, they're not as inconsistent as they used to be now either.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:41 pm

I just cant believe how he has'nt had a game at Scotland! They are piss poor!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:I might sound a bit stupid but at times he reminds me of Ryan Giggs. How he is'nt in the Scotland squad I never know!

Burke is getting better match by match, Scotland should def play him next time.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:38 pm

When Burke joined us last year he was no where near fit that's why he struggled, you see in the pre season friendlies that he had a good pre season and was looking sharp the man is a class act.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 pm

I thought Burke asked Burley not to consider him for any Scotland internationals, as the international break is the only time he can go back to Scotland & see his son.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:41 pm

Rhys wrote:I thought Burke asked Burley not to consider him for any Scotland internationals, as the international break is the only time he can go back to Scotland & see his son.

thats true.