Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The future

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:24 am

Ive said it before and Ill say it again........ I would prefer us in the First or even second division than carry on being in this circus.

PR's gamble on the Prem has backfired big time.

Some fans think to have a Club in the Premiership is everything.

A lot of us have seen everything from Real Madrid to Halifax and actually having a club to follow is the most important thing.

A good number of fans have been following the City for the last 3-4 years and I dont mean just kids....... as soon as we drop they'll be gone again.

It's difficult being optimistic but thats part of beingh a City fan....unfortunately.

Too many of our fans have excused PR rather than be realistic.

He did it at Leeds and hes done it to us....... no doubt when SB comes back from his futile trip.....PR will state sorry lads....you fans put him off.

Nothing to do with P.R.'s mismanagement of our finances............ nearly 5k a week rise for Hudson to leave a Club with little future to join us.....what a laugh.

Re: The future

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:57 am

I am now beginning to feel totally anti football finance and want back the fun of just following my team WHEREVER they play.

I have heard before how we do not want administration because it is not just about the 10 point deduction, but I now feel, although there are negative sides to administration, the single benefit of seeing PR lose his cash outweighs all of them.

The board ARE fighting tooth and nail to avoid administration but whereas before I commended them for this, I am now so disgruntled I see it just as them trying to protect their own investment at the expense of the club.

I've heard TLG ask, what next if we get rid of the board, who will run the club. I always come back to the same answer bring in the administrator. I am so fucked off that I am now happpy to see a 10 point deduction this season and even a 15 point deduction next season if we haven't come out of administration. I can even handle losing most of the players, it's not as if they are covering themselves in glory at the moment.

I just want my club back the way it used to be, even if it means going back to where we were in the 1980's. I still loved going to Ninian even then.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:03 am

Wayne S wrote:I am now beginning to feel totally anti football finance and want back the fun of just following my team WHEREVER they play.

I have heard before how we do not want administration because it is not just about the 10 point deduction, but I now feel, although there are negative sides to administration, the single benefit of seeing PR lose his cash outweighs all of them.

The board ARE fighting tooth and nail to avoid administration but whereas before I commended them for this, I am now so disgruntled I see it just as them trying to protect their own investment at the expense of the club.

I've heard TLG ask, what next if we get rid of the board, who will run the club. I always come back to the same answer bring in the administrator. I am so fucked off that I am now happpy to see a 10 point deduction this season and even a 15 point deduction next season if we haven't come out of administration. I can even handle losing most of the players, it's not as if they are covering themselves in glory at the moment.

I just want my club back the way it used to be, even if it means going back to where we were in the 1980's. I still loved going to Ninian even then.

Couldn't agree more......take a look at Tony's post....I think thats the future.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 am

If "chasing the dream" is getting us into a mess like the current one we're in, do we really want it or need it? When, or if, we get into the Premiership, those debts will only get worse. The Premiership money won't solve our problems, it will make them worse. Every club will have the same amount of money as us, and more in most club's cases and we will be spending the TV money and borrowing more just to play catch up. I'd rather be a mid-table side in the 2nd tier living within our means than a Premiership club for one season then fading into oblivion and paying off the huge debts for years to come that we have accumulated just to keep ridsdale in his Astons and in the national media spotlight

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:20 am

Nottage Blue wrote:If "chasing the dream" is getting us into a mess like the current one we're in, do we really want it or need it? When, or if, we get into the Premiership, those debts will only get worse. The Premiership money won't solve our problems, it will make them worse. Every club will have the same amount of money as us, and more in most club's cases and we will be spending the TV money and borrowing more just to play catch up. I'd rather be a mid-table side in the 2nd tier living within our means than a Premiership club for one season then fading into oblivion and paying off the huge debts for years to come that we have accumulated just to keep ridsdale in his Astons and in the national media spotlight

Agreed.....Barnsley, Charlton, Swindon, Bradford, Southampton, etc.......its a high price for our 15 mins of fame........ though PR has the glory of putting us into the shite without even getting us there.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:23 am

ianfens wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:If "chasing the dream" is getting us into a mess like the current one we're in, do we really want it or need it? When, or if, we get into the Premiership, those debts will only get worse. The Premiership money won't solve our problems, it will make them worse. Every club will have the same amount of money as us, and more in most club's cases and we will be spending the TV money and borrowing more just to play catch up. I'd rather be a mid-table side in the 2nd tier living within our means than a Premiership club for one season then fading into oblivion and paying off the huge debts for years to come that we have accumulated just to keep ridsdale in his Astons and in the national media spotlight

Agreed.....Barnsley, Charlton, Swindon, Bradford, Southampton, etc.......its a high price for our 15 mins of fame........ though PR has the glory of putting us into the shite without even getting us there.

And walking away from the mess with bulging pockets