Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

collection saturday

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:54 pm

if we`re thinking of having a collection for the march, why not have `help for heroes` or `ty-hafan`, so we reach a wider audience......just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: collection saturday

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:03 pm

I admire the sentiment behind it, but this is a march for Cardiff City. I give to charity already and always will, but can't we just leave that alone for an afternoon? I personally think it could deflect away from the aim slightly

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:22 pm

evil c wrote:if we`re thinking of having a collection for the march, why not have `help for heroes` or `ty-hafan`, so we reach a wider audience......just a thought :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good idea to make new friends and afiliations. Dont take the buckets in the ground or Ridsdale will ask the stewards to confiscate them if theres any money in the bucket..... :D

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:23 pm

I wouldn't be against a Trust collection. IF THEY START LISTENING AND SUPPORT THE MARCH

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Please give me one benefit of the Trust backing the march??You keep banging on about it so you must have an idea as to what it would achieve???

Many Trust members have said they will be there including the Chairman who has repeatedly stated this.It seems to me people just want to have a go for no reason,its pathetic!!

What you need to realise is that people have THEIR OWN opinion,some want to march,some like the formal route of an EGM and some like me want both, but most importantly we all want whats best for our club.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Can i jsut say - that an outsider looking in and some of the fans being a little ignoarant to facts surrounding the club and the board and the EGM and the march are very very likely to jump to the conclusion of the march collection (what ever cause it maybe trust or charity) will be misunderstood as a collection for CCFC as the club is in such a shitty financial state !

I just think persoanlly any collection buckets will deter from the main of this march IMO of course :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Corkrey wrote:Please give me one benefit of the Trust backing the march??You keep banging on about it so you must have an idea as to what it would achieve???

Many Trust members have said they will be there including the Chairman who has repeatedly stated this.It seems to me people just want to have a go for no reason,its pathetic!!

What you need to realise is that people have THEIR OWN opinion,some want to march,some like the formal route of an EGM and some like me want both, but most importantly we all want whats best for our club.

There'll be a lot more supporters at the march as there are members of the Trust. WHo are the REAL voice?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 pm

BlooDan wrote:
Corkrey wrote:Please give me one benefit of the Trust backing the march??You keep banging on about it so you must have an idea as to what it would achieve???

There'll be a lot more supporters at the march as there are members of the Trust. WHo are the REAL voice?

I'm pretty sure all Trust members will know of the march and will make their own decision whether to attend or not.They will not base their decision on whether its being officially backed by the Trust unless they have no mind of their own.

It will have no impact on numbers if you ask me.