Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A query on how bad our debt really is...

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:56 pm

I have just been reading an artical about Sullivan buying Weswt Ham (post at bottom of page), and am not sure how we compare to the debt this article says they have... Also the valuation the current owners have, compared to anyone buying us would have to pay. Suppose what I am saying is how much would it cost to buy Cardiff City?

Hope someone can help !!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-Ham.html

Re: A query on how bad our debt really is...

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Western Blue wrote:I have just been reading an artical about Sullivan buying Weswt Ham (post at bottom of page), and am not sure how we compare to the debt this article says they have... Also the valuation the current owners have, compared to anyone buying us would have to pay. Suppose what I am saying is how much would it cost to buy Cardiff City?

Hope someone can help !!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-Ham.html

at a guess about £40 mill.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm

I'd say around £50 million
the stadium is our main asset now

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:17 pm

If each share is valued @ 30p then the 60m in circulation are worth £20m. Sam is owed about £17m, PMG 9.7m and various others around £4m.

That adds up to around £50m.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:19 pm

So with the stadium as an asset at 60 mil, surley we are a very good buy compared with West Ham...

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Western Blue wrote:So with the stadium as an asset at 60 mil, surley we are a very good buy compared with West Ham...

I suppose you could argue that West Ham also have a stadium and an 'asset' in already being a Premiership team.

However, I think we would be a much better bet as the debt will be talked down and £40m outlay gives the Malaysians the club with a clean slate and a state of the art stadium.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Western Blue wrote:So with the stadium as an asset at 60 mil, surley we are a very good buy compared with West Ham...

also we have an expandable fan support its gone up by a quater n last couple of years if we get in prem and stay there, well rack a possible 35k maybe 40 if stadium is extended.