Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

highest wage at Swansea....

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:39 pm

£8k - thats the wage cap

Ours is probably 3 x that much.

Re: highest wage at Swansea....

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Yes Joff thats true, big wages like what we pay doesnt guarantee Success. DJ has been paying up to £28,000 a week lol

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Brittons contract is upin the summer, Pratley another good player who is out of contract.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:06 pm

jonah wrote:Brittons contract is upin the summer, Pratley another good player who is out of contract.

Pratley would never come, he loves the Jacks beyond.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jonah wrote:Brittons contract is upin the summer, Pratley another good player who is out of contract.

Dont kid yourself Annis. If we offered him double wages he would come. Just like any other player.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:41 pm

please tell me you are having a laugh when you say up to £ 28,000 per week on wages

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Shows how dave jones isnt such a smooth operator in the transfer market when hes paying 28k a week on players no where near worth that...least we forget mark hudson for 1.25million.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Think the 28k a week was the likes of Fowler and Jimmy can't see anyone anywhere near that figure at the moment, well atleast I hope not.

We shouldn't have anyone over 12k at this level and given our financial state.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Dont kid yourself Annis. If we offered him double wages he would come. Just like any other player.

You are 100% right, for the right money most of these mercenaries will `kiss any badge` !

Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:55 pm

CreanyCCFC wrote:Think the 28k a week was the likes of Fowler and Jimmy can't see anyone anywhere near that figure at the moment, well atleast I hope not.

We shouldn't have anyone over 12k at this level and given our financial state.

It`s a typical catch 22 , you pay the rate , and get quality, or that`s the idea, or pay peanuts ? This is where the management skills usually get crushed by boardroom constraints , what`s the answer ? :?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:23 am

I remember a story about Ridsdale when he was at Leeds. A player went to sign for Leeds and was only after £15k or so a week. Ridsdale went in and said "you'll have £25k a week, take it or leave it". I hope he's learned from this and this wasn't the case at City (obviously on a smaller scale withthe wages!)

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:30 am

Nottage Blue wrote:I remember a story about Ridsdale when he was at Leeds. A player went to sign for Leeds and was only after £15k or so a week. Ridsdale went in and said "you'll have £25k a week, take it or leave it". I hope he's learned from this and this wasn't the case at City (obviously on a smaller scale withthe wages!)

I'm sure the player was Seth Johnson.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:53 am

I would have thought Chops is on 20k+ a week, easilly.

City have overpaid for a lot of ordinary players, whilst the likes of, yes, I'll say it, Swansea have built a good squad paying much, much less. We finished one place higher than the Jacks last year, but to me that counts for nothing as we missed out on the play-offs. The problem is now, it'll be difficult to reverse the hig wage culture at the club because players know CCFC pay big sums so they can almost hold the club to ransom.

When PR took over, we were 30m in debt and we still are. We've made enough money in that time to eradicate the debt, but it's all gone on ridiculously high wages.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:56 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I remember a story about Ridsdale when he was at Leeds. A player went to sign for Leeds and was only after £15k or so a week. Ridsdale went in and said "you'll have £25k a week, take it or leave it". I hope he's learned from this and this wasn't the case at City (obviously on a smaller scale withthe wages!)

I'm sure the player was Seth Johnson.

Yeah, you're probably right. They did sign some shit back then