Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gold Cup Day - CHELTENHAM

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:07 am

Ladies and Gents, it's the last day of the festival today and it's time for the race of races.....The Gold Cup. It's supposed to be a two horse race between KAUTO STAR and DENMAN, but I can only see one outcome and that another win for Kauto Star to add to his victories in 2007 and last year.

In the TOTE I've gone for....
1.30 - Alaivan
2.05 - Puyol
2.40 - Tell Massini
3.20 - Kauto Star
4.00 - Roulez Cool
4.40 - Peveril

I've also had a cheeky e/w bet on Mon Mome at 150/1 in the Gold Cup, he was an unlikely 100/1 winner in the National this year, and while he has struggled since, he has always run quite well at Cheltenham.

I had a good day on the gee-gees yesterday, putting me well up for the week so lets hope today brings much the same luck!!

Re: Gold Cup Day - CHELTENHAM

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am

Only 1 winner and thats the Bookies lads. :old:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 am

Mr Davies wrote:Ladies and Gents, it's the last day of the festival today and it's time for the race of races.....The Gold Cup. It's supposed to be a two horse race between KAUTO STAR and DENMAN, but I can only see one outcome and that another win for Kauto Star to add to his victories in 2007 and last year.

1.30 - Alaivan
2.05 - Puyol
2.40 - Tell Massini
3.20 - Kauto Star
4.00 - Roulez Cool
4.40 - Peveril

I've also had a cheeky e/w bet on Mon Mome at 150/1 in the Gold Cup, he was an unlikely 100/1 winner in the National this year, and while he has struggled since, he has always run quite well at Cheltenham.

I had a good day on the gee-gees yesterday, putting me well up for the week so lets hope today brings much the same luck!!

good luck :ayatollah: im off to buy racing post, drink tea and scribble useless notes, makes me think i have made an effort when i do actually lose my money :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:51 am

I dont even know how to put a bet on :oops:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:13 am

according to the newsagent he says the mayflower will take bets

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:16 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:according to the newsagent he says the mayflower will take bets

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:21 am

What a great looking Boozer

Down side £3 for a pint of stella

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:31 pm

good luck today

my selections are

1.30 - Alaivan
2.05 - oldrik
2.40 - enterprise park
3.20 - denman
4.00 - baby run
4.40 - c'est ca

all e/w place & jackpot :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Ladies and Gents, it's the last day of the festival today and it's time for the race of races.....The Gold Cup. It's supposed to be a two horse race between KAUTO STAR and DENMAN, but I can only see one outcome and that another win for Kauto Star to add to his victories in 2007 and last year.

1.30 - Alaivan
2.05 - Puyol
2.40 - Tell Massini
3.20 - Kauto Star
4.00 - Roulez Cool
4.40 - Peveril

3rd, so still in with a chance on my placepot!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 pm

The Rhooster wrote:I dont even know how to put a bet on :oops:

LMAO i put on 4 horses for the big race - for my Papa (seeing as he didn't get to place his last bet like he wanted) I just wrote down the names (chosen cos we all liked the jersey's they wear) gave that n the money to the X n said put some on each lol...............

still dunno anything about the bookies lol :D

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:36 pm

well done with mon mome e/w
hpoe you had a good return :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:07 pm

1.30 - Alaivan
2.05 - Puyol
2.40 - Tell Massini
3.20 - Kauto Star
4.00 - Roulez Cool
4.40 - Peveril

none top 3 yet, 2 fallers lol

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:10 pm

I had Imperial Commander in the Gold Cup race

Only £5 on it but £40 back

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:14 pm

only 2 bets all Cheltenham for me. 1 was a rev forecats with Kauto and Denman which lost but i then put a tenner on Baby Run at 6/1 :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:31 pm

1.30 - Alaivan
2.05 - Puyol
2.40 - Tell Massini
3.20 - Kauto Star
4.00 - Roulez Cool
4.40 - Peveril

Coming in my pants!! :lol:

I knew I was on to something as the price dropped dramatically into a 50/1 SP. The ground really suits the horse so when it came in I was f*cking ecstatic!!

Best festival ever for me, even beating the festival 2 years ago when Wichita Lineman won me a few hundred squids!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:18 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yay Imperial Commander - YES

My grandfather passed away tuesday night (he was always in the bookies) and had looked forward to this weeks races - he never got to put his bets on - so i said to my 2 boys we will all have a bet for Papa and we all chose - he had the winner
Next time he chooses anything for a bet i am gonna whack a hundred down - he always chooses a winner (same with his Grand National bet) lol

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:58 am

Put 100 quid on Denman to win at 9/2 :cry: