Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Great Divide

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:30 pm

I never post on CCMB or here but have tonight decided to air my views

In the last 20 years ive seen many turbulant times within our football club from visits to "small clubs " , on a windy wet wednesday night to sunny early summer days with the joy of promotion from division three (still have the scars from the damn police dog)

Tonight i have decide i cannot now follow my football club any more , why you ask

The day we abuse and threaten people like Cal , Sludge and Since 62 means our club is dying , (hey we can blame ridsdale guy hall for our problems but they will go in time be it in the premiership or the unibond) But IT IS OUR FAULT

The day we cant express opinions on finances , players , wheter DJ can give a half time team talk etc without fear is the day that our club is no more , we are the club but that seems to have been forgotten

Annis , you have a real responsibility here , IN MY OPINION you have driven a wedge between us.

You have some questions of ridsdale i have one for you

The Flags sold at whatever pounds they are , how much did they cost you

I have no doubt that you are one of Cardiffs foremost and dedicated fans , but its not the turmoil that the board has created that has made me question my support of the Bluebirds it is the lack of a responsible attitude of a person that fellow fans are influenced by

Im not even sure you will allow this to be posted but i feel i am speaking for the voice of the silent majority

And whilst this division occurs between the fans , I for one cannot consider myself a Cardiff city supporter , I am to ashamed

Re: The Great Divide

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:34 pm

brizzleexile wrote:I never post on CCMB or here but have tonight decided to air my views

In the last 20 years ive seen many turbulant times within our football club from visits to "small clubs " , on a windy wet wednesday night to sunny early summer days with the joy of promotion from division three (still have the scars from the damn police dog)

Tonight i have decide i cannot now follow my football club any more , why you ask

The day we abuse and threaten people like Cal , Sludge and Since 62 means our club is dying , (hey we can blame ridsdale guy hall for our problems but they will go in time be it in the premiership or the unibond) But IT IS OUR FAULT

The day we cant express opinions on finances , players , wheter DJ can give a half time team talk etc without fear is the day that our club is no more , we are the club but that seems to have been forgotten

Annis , you have a real responsibility here , IN MY OPINION you have driven a wedge between us

I have no doubt that you are one of Cardiffs foremost and dedicated fans , but its not the turmoil that the board has created that has made me question my support of the Bluebirds it is the lack of a responsible attitude of a person that fellow fans are influenced by

Im not even sure you will allow this to be posted but i feel i am speaking for the voice of the silent majority

And whilst this division occurs between the fans , I for one cannot consider myself a Cardiff city supporter , I am to ashamed

these flags you talk abbout was not sold at any profit, boys bought their own and bakedalaska got hold of 20 and sold to the boys at cost(without postage costs) and some were even given to some kids foc

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:36 pm

brizzleexile wrote:I never post on CCMB or here but have tonight decided to air my views

Annis , you have a real responsibility here , IN MY OPINION you have driven a wedge between us

when and where has CAL, SLUDGE OR SINCE62 been threatened.

Also Annis did not buy or sell the flags.

What Turmoil has this board created ?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Has Cal been threatened / abused?
Has Sludge been threatened / abused?
Has Keith been threatened / abused?
Is Annis the one selling the flags?

No?

So why make a first post here a divisive one, pointing fingers?

The fact remains, you've made a post aimed at promoting a division. Not uniting.

Why?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Eh?

No one here has threatened anyone least old Cal, Sludgey (bless him) and certainley not Keith.

I suggest you bugger off back to wherever you came from or I will personally myself all on my own not include you in my bedtime prayers to all the gods.

i have to admiy i may have to give sludge a warning stay away from Mrs Ramsgate or else matters could take a nasty turn :D :oops:

apart from that there has been no threats, just shit stirring like the above post

Not dividing just stating facts , things have gone to far maybe dont see this as divisive maybe it should be seen as a call for unity

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 pm

brizzleexile wrote:Not dividing just stating facts , things have gone to far maybe dont see this as divisive maybe it should be seen as a call for unity

Which facts are they?

The ones you've been wrong about, you mean?

Can you point out the facts in your post?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't agree with everything you've posted but there are aspects I agree with, and unfortunately it does seem to be a view shared by others.

I haven't seen specific examples of Sludge or Since62 being abused, but I was not very impressed with the threads on Cal earlier and nobody can argue that this board must have been a catalyst to the resignation of TLG. You just have to look at the other board to see how much he'll be missed, and the thanks he got on there.
Try making a thread on here about it and it gets locked

All opinions are apparently welcomed, but tonight as shown that it isn't the case.

This reaction above just shows why people are being driven away, or are reluctant to post on here

We really do need to unite, and the various rivalries between individuals and groups really isn't helping

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:47 pm

on the statement post the word coward was used , is that not abuse , im just stating a view shared by friends as well as myself , we may not be the most vocal ay in day out but id rather us in league 2 than the infighting we have at the moment , yes maybe i could have worded things better , but am angry just like you guys ,

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:48 pm

CF11 wrote:I don't agree with everything you've posted but there are aspects I agree with, and unfortunately it does seem to be a view shared by others.

I haven't seen specific examples of Sludge or Since62 being abused, but I was not very impressed with the threads on Cal earlier and nobody can argue that this board must have been a catalyst to the resignation of TLG. You just have to look at the other board to see how much he'll be missed, and the thanks he got on there.
Try making a thread on here about it and it gets locked

All opinions are apparently welcomed, but tonight as shown that it isn't the case.

This reaction above just shows why people are being driven away, or are reluctant to post on here

We really do need to unite, and the various rivalries between individuals and groups really isn't helping

The cal situation was resolved pretty quickly - he made a comment which certainly seemed at odds with his usual quality of contribution.

"Must have been a catalyst". Big assumption there. The only person who knows why he quit is TLG. I very much doubt "harsh words" here would affect him given the way he treats others on message boards. Indeed, a conspiracy theorist could argue his presence may have been damaging the Trust, hence he engineered a resignation to maximise damage to other sections of the fanbase.

Who knows?

All I'll add is that I'd never expect a thread like this on CCMB. I wonder why? That's not down to Mike or the mods, by the way, they do a good job.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:58 pm

I think that your post right from the minute you dare to accuse me of making money on Flags, I DONT SELL THEM, NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL,I BOUGHT MINE FOR £3.99p at Coventry. like everyone else did, they are For Sale at £3.99p on the internet. Also Billy Badge is nothing to do with me.
I havent caused a divide, tlg did that him self.
I have never abused Sludge, Keith or Cal and NO ONE ELSE HAS FROM THIS FORUM.
If you dont like the Forum dont come on, FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I think that your post right from the minute you dare to accuse me of making money on Flags, I DONT SELL THEM, NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL,I BOUGHT MINE FOR £3.99p at Coventry. like everyone else did, they are For Sale at £3.99p on the internet. Also Billy Badge is nothing to do with me.
I havent caused a divide, tlg did that him self.
I have never abused Sludge, Keith or Cal and NO ONE ELSE HAS FROM THIS FORUM.
If you dont like the Forum dont come on, FREEDOM OF CHOICE.

Indeed it is and i take on trust that the above is true and apologise if caused offence , but the fact remains annis you can help unite things , however you take it fans do follow your lead could i just ask that you take a step back and think before you reply , My point is that you do have the influence to unite the fans if you choose too

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:04 pm

how ???

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:04 pm

brizzle
there is no real division between the fans here
we may all have a petty little squabble now and then but if the alleged death threats have taken place then put them in the hands of the appropriate authorities.
many people on this board including annis know how close i am to steve borley.
we have been mates for years and sat in block C for years before steve became a director.
in that time and still even these last few weeks i have seen him go to hell and back over this football club and it hurts me to see him and his family suffer.
annis wont mind me saying this but he has been on times one of steves harshest critics yet does that mean we exchange death threats with each other.
no we chat with each other and i have disagreed with his views against steve and also agreed with his views against steve but whatever happens we get on and speak civilly to each other and laugh and joke about the club.
everybody has their right to their own opinions along as they are expressed in the right manner.
if we all stopped following cardiff over whats written on two messageboards well then our crowds would probably slump to 19000.
nobody should take these boards to seriously because as was continually pointed out after the march "we are the silent minority"

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:07 pm

steve davies wrote:

brizzle
we may all have a petty little squabble now and then but if the alleged death threats have taken place then put them in the hands of the appropriate authorities.
we have been mates for years and sat in block C for years before steve became a director.
in that time and still even these last few weeks i have seen him go to hell and back over this football club and it hurts me to see him and his family suffer.
annis wont mind me saying this but he has been on times one of steves harshest critics yet does that mean we exchange death threats with each other.
no we chat with each other and i have disagreed with his views against steve and also agreed with his views against steve but whatever happens we get on and speak civilly to each other and laugh and joke about the club.
everybody has their right to their own opinions along as they are expressed in the right manner.
if we all stopped following cardiff over whats written on two messageboards well then our crowds would probably slump to 19000.
nobody should take these boards to seriously because as was continually pointed out after the march "we are the silent minority"

SUPERB POST Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We can have different opinions, but you dont stop supporting your club, Is this post from some one from the club or tlg ?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:09 pm

both :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:10 pm

ANNIS and MIKE MORRIS made huge efforts to show a united front regarding the march not very long ago. FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB !!! thats one example that springs to mind straight away. we are all city fans wanting whats best. get over it and move on :D :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 pm

steve davies wrote:

brizzle

Steve , i appreciate some of your points , but as i pointed out at the start i dont post on messege boards , i read them get the banter etc , but if you really think that there is no divide your mistaken , theres one in my family over this let alone on two boards , my point remains that ther has been abuse ie doubting since 62 credentials cal had a load of shit and TLGS motives have been questioned , hey i dont know these people never talk to thm but watching from outside i see a masive split ,,,but maybe divide and conquer was the plan ,
if it was then whos won

re Steve Borley total respect for the man

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 pm

milly44 wrote:ANNIS and MIKE MORRIS made huge efforts to show a united front regarding the march not very long ago. FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB !!! thats one example that springs to mind straight away. we are all city fans wanting whats best. get over it and move on :D :ayatollah:

Totally agree we did, but tlg tried in every vain to DIVIDE US, WE HAVE THE PETITION ON BOTH MB's :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
steve davies wrote:

brizzle

SUPERB POST Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We can have different opinions, but you dont stop supporting your club, Is this post from some one from the club or tlg ?

There you go annis i rest my case ffs why o i bother

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:14 pm

At first I thought you've been living in Brizzle too long, but then I can appreciate what you're trying to get across in your post.

There is in-fighting between sets of fans, it's gone on for a long while (whether it was here before Hammam came along I cannot say, but it's certainly been apparent since then).

I post on all the Cardiff City messsageboards as I'm nothing but a Cardiff City fan. Sadly, the internet does allow people to post things they'd never say in real life, and I think both sides of the argument would have to accept that and take some comments less seriously than others.

Indeed, I take nothing I read on a messageboard seriously at all, for me it's just a bit of fun and an aside to my real duty of supporting Cardiff City FC.

To say you feel you can't support the football club because of petty squabbles between sets of supporters is a bit worrying and over-sensitive in my eyes. You're your own person, are you not? So why let the happenings between everyone else stop you supporting your team on a matchday that you've paid to go and see with your money. That said, it's your life, so you can choose what you do.

I for one hope you'll see sense and come back to CCS and support the football team in their efforts to reach the Premiership because they need all the supporters they can get. Good luck to you brizzle exile.

That's all I have to say on the matter. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:20 pm

brizzleexile wrote: There you go annis i rest my case ffs why o i bother

With all due respect, when your first post contains major factual inaccuracies, don't you agree that people will either view you as having little credibility or wonder why you posted what you did?

Surely you can understand that?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 pm

nerd wrote:

With all due respect, when your first post contains major factual inaccuracies, don't you agree that people will either view you as having little credibility or wonder why you posted what you did?

the flags did i not apologise

the fact remains there is a divide , after all if you dont follow the party line you get accuse of being tlg or the club . that makes a debate impossible so i shall resign and lurk again

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 pm

nerd wrote:

I think he works for PR and the club.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:28 pm

brizzleexile wrote:
nerd wrote:

the fact remains there is a divide , after all if you dont follow the party line you get accuse of being tlg or the club . that makes a debate impossible so i shall resign and lurk again

It's a chicken and egg situation.

There's a divide / well, you made an initial post which would cause a divide.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 pm

brizzleexile wrote:
nerd wrote:

I did it as a joke, but why blame me.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:

I think he works for PR and the club.

Why? Because he thinks there's a divide?

In my opinion there definitely is. The issue of the supporters trust is one good example. Rather than try and work together people have been undermining it, and seemingly have been trying to undo the hard work that people have put into it.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:33 pm

CF11 wrote:In my opinion there definitely is. The issue of the supporters trust is one good example. Rather than try and work together people have been undermining it, and seemingly have been trying to undo the hard work that people have put into it.

Should the Trust never be questioned or criticised?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Good Luck to you lad but no one would stop me supporting City 8-)