Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Great Divide

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Good Luck to you lad but no one would stop me supporting City 8-)

Nor me, NO MATTER WHAT, Look at the abuse I use to get on the ccmb, but I never stopped Supporting MY Club.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 pm

nerd wrote:
CF11 wrote:In my opinion there definitely is. The issue of the supporters trust is one good example. Rather than try and work together people have been undermining it, and seemingly have been trying to undo the hard work that people have put into it.

Should the Trust never be questioned or criticised?

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I've never said it can't be questioned, but in my opinion the trust was targeted by certain members on here more to do with personal vendettas, and individual grudges rather than against the trust itself. What their motives were I really don't know, and I guess I never will.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:41 pm

I did it as a joke, but why blame me.[/quote]

Because you said it!!! Its the point i waas trying to make just because i have a differant viewpoint i get belittled or accused
for the record im not a trust member , just a normal guy who has a beer or tao and watches the city 12-15 times a year when work allows

YOU do act as a figurhead , and i personally believe you could be a leader in getting rid off the riddler , if you could use your prominance in a more constructive way You could make a real differance but the chice is yours

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:45 pm

CF11 wrote:
nerd wrote:
CF11 wrote:In my opinion there definitely is. The issue of the supporters trust is one good example. Rather than try and work together people have been undermining it, and seemingly have been trying to undo the hard work that people have put into it.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I've never said it can't be questioned, but in my opinion the trust was targeted by certain members on here more to do with personal vendettas, and individual grudges rather than against the trust itself. What their motives were I really don't know, and I guess I never will.

That's your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it. In any walk of life, vendettas and drudges certainly exist, sometimes one way, sometimes both ways. It's something difficult for any organisation like the Trust to manage, for example, Trust officials may advocate certain actions based upon grudges and vendettas. Who really knows?

The problem is that now, it's easy for the Trust to deflect any criticism. "You're just saying that because you're a non-member with a vendetta / grudge". The problem is those rabidly pro-Trust are every bit as bad as those rabidly anti-Trust, the moderates in the middle on both sides get overlooked.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Because you said it!!! Its the point i waas trying to make just because i have a differant viewpoint i get belittled or accused
for the record im not a trust member , just a normal guy who has a beer or tao and watches the city 12-15 times a year when work allows

YOU do act as a figurhead , and i personally believe you could be a leader in getting rid off the riddler , if you could use your prominance in a more constructive way You could make a real differance but the chice is yours

Annis said he said it as a joke. There's no reason to assume bad faith. Take it at face value rather than getting defensive.

People say Annis, do this, Annis, do that. What exactly would you like to see him do - don't say use prominence, just give examples how.

Annis has a past, let's be honest, it's the 800lb elephant in the room. For that reason, even if he wanted to lead, he would never be able to do because that past is an easy weapon to use. Hell, we even saw TLG use that tactic recently in an ill-advised spat.

People on CCMB certainly refer to it often.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:53 pm

CF11 wrote:
nerd wrote:

i have no personal vendetta against the trust and am actually a member.
but no one has explained who made the desicion to issue a statement to remind pmg who had just paid over 1.2 million on the clubs behalf to the inland revenue of their responsibilities to the club and its fans during the negotiations.
if you listen to the rumour mill tonight people are saying that its ridsdale who is stalling the deal.
but the trust never mentioned the chairman or his responsibilities in the statement.
now was that purely because a member had sat down with the chairman in a number of private one to one meetings.
as far as im concerned a clarification needs to be issued on why one particular shareholder was targeted whilst others got off scott free

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:58 pm

nerd wrote:

Annis said he said it as a joke. There's no reason to assume bad faith. Take it at face value rather than getting defensive.

People say Annis, do this, Annis, do that. What exactly would you like to see him do - don't say use prominence, just give examples how.

Annis has a past, let's be honest, it's the 800lb elephant in the room. For that reason, even if he wanted to lead, he would never be able to do because that past is an easy weapon to use. Hell, we even saw TLG use that tactic recently in an ill-advised spat.

Well more fool them we all have a past

Prominance well not so easy i admit , listen more , be more open to opposing views , meet with fans trust members ,ccsc members get a strategy most can buy into , get the majority on board , if that means compromise fine ,,, the whole point im making is if the fans unite pressure becomes massive , which gives more influence If we all drop our egos things will happen

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 am

brizzleexile wrote:I never post on CCMB or here but have tonight decided to air my views

In the last 20 years ive seen many turbulant times within our football club from visits to "small clubs " , on a windy wet wednesday night to sunny early summer days with the joy of promotion from division three (still have the scars from the damn police dog)

Tonight i have decide i cannot now follow my football club any more , why you ask

The day we abuse and threaten people like Cal , Sludge and Since 62 means our club is dying , (hey we can blame ridsdale guy hall for our problems but they will go in time be it in the premiership or the unibond) But IT IS OUR FAULT

The day we cant express opinions on finances , players , wheter DJ can give a half time team talk etc without fear is the day that our club is no more , we are the club but that seems to have been forgotten

Annis , you have a real responsibility here , IN MY OPINION you have driven a wedge between us and your an arsehole and a wanker.

You have some questions of ridsdale i have one for you

The Flags sold at whatever pounds they are , how much did they cost you

I have no doubt that you are one of Cardiffs foremost and dedicated fans , but its not the turmoil that the board has created that has made me question my support of the Bluebirds it is the lack of a responsible attitude of a person that fellow fans are influenced by

Im not even sure you will allow this to be posted but i feel i am speaking for the voice of the silent majority

And whilst this division occurs between the fans , I for one cannot consider myself a Cardiff city supporter , I am to ashamed

if your a cardiff fan why call yourself brizzieexile

i assume that name represents bristol and newport

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:01 am

i dont post alot on here brizzle, but i would not stop supporting the city over other people,
would you pack your job in if you didnt like them ? i wouldnt, just dont speak to them, listen to them
or acknowledge them, do your own thing and dont get involved. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:25 am

I think there are some individuals who post critisism of the trust without any clue whatsoever of how it works , what else it does and the people who give up lots of time to TRY and get things done ..and that pisses people off who work hard

its like someone building a house and someone just turning up and saying " thats shit that is "

it would be ok if they said the walls are a bit untidy or you should have spent more on the roof

but nobody likes a slagging without a bit of constructive comment

I am afraid they are stirrers and mischief makers and its the same old names time and time again

I am not talking about a difference of opinion , I am talking people who simply talk bollocks then vanish

thats on here AND the other messageboard

however ...I can only speak for myself ...I have never been threatened on here

people calling me a left wing soft pc do gooder is boring as f**k but it isnt a threat

its like me saying anybody who doesnt like black sabbath has no idea about music , which of course is correct

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:55 am

i think you are deluded and bitter. before i was informed about this board i used to post on ccmb and the official board. there is more of a US and THEM culture on those two. i have disagreed with several posters on here, including my brother and annis, but not once have i felt threatened or intimidated against speaking out. on ccmb you will be called a sniper for going against the grain and made to feel like a leper. at least on this board you can have a discussion about football, family or sex crazes and feel part of an extended family. i for one applaud annis and all the moderaters for their common sense and ability to let a debate go as far as possible without being censored at the first hurdle. if you are given a warning for inappropiate comments and decide to continue then the thread is locked, not only to stop threats but to protect the sniper from him or herself. you do not have to be a member of a message board to support the city, it just helps with getting information and your views across. i bid you farewell from here but hope you continue to frequent CCS.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 am

Well said jamccfc great post its just a debate lets not take things to heart :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:56 am

jamccfc wrote:i think you are deluded and bitter. before i was informed about this board i used to post on ccmb and the official board. there is more of a US and THEM culture on those two. i have disagreed with several posters on here, including my brother and annis, but not once have i felt threatened or intimidated against speaking out. on ccmb you will be called a sniper for going against the grain and made to feel like a leper. at least on this board you can have a discussion about football, family or sex crazes and feel part of an extended family. i for one applaud annis and all the moderaters for their common sense and ability to let a debate go as far as possible without being censored at the first hurdle. if you are given a warning for inappropiate comments and decide to continue then the thread is locked, not only to stop threats but to protect the sniper from him or herself. you do not have to be a member of a message board to support the city, it just helps with getting information and your views across. i bid you farewell from here but hope you continue to frequent CCS.

superb :ayatollah:

for you :lol:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:00 am

nerd wrote:

Nerd, Correct people like TLG used that to discredit me on the march and thats what people like him do when they see some one else being successful.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:02 am

jamccfc wrote:i think you are deluded and bitter. before i was informed about this board i used to post on ccmb and the official board. there is more of a US and THEM culture on those two. i have disagreed with several posters on here, including my brother and annis, but not once have i felt threatened or intimidated against speaking out. on ccmb you will be called a sniper for going against the grain and made to feel like a leper. at least on this board you can have a discussion about football, family or sex crazes and feel part of an extended family. i for one applaud annis and all the moderaters for their common sense and ability to let a debate go as far as possible without being censored at the first hurdle. if you are given a warning for inappropiate comments and decide to continue then the thread is locked, not only to stop threats but to protect the sniper from him or herself. you do not have to be a member of a message board to support the city, it just helps with getting information and your views across. i bid you farewell from here but hope you continue to frequent CCS.

Excellent post Jam :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Have assesed the situation further and youre right on one thing no buggers stopping me supporting my club

Having thought long and hard and reading more threads in detail im now of the view that the divide i mentioned is even more apparant .

New supporters forum suddenly becomes a new supporters group which I can now see panders to the Ego off a few

The inner circle returns eh !!!!!!
Cant see me getting an invite to one of these meetings somehow

Anyhow on a more positive note good result today and burke what a goal !!!!

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:47 pm

brizzleexile wrote:Have assesed the situation further and youre right on one thing no buggers stopping me supporting my club

Having thought long and hard and reading more threads in detail im now of the view that the divide i mentioned is even more apparant .

New supporters forum suddenly becomes a new supporters group which I can now see panders to the Ego off a few

YOU CAN COME TO ANY MEETING YOU WANT, i pesonally invite you and come and meet what i know is a really good set of lads, after all we are all city fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:50 pm

what is all this about an inner circle?......baz you got a circle as well as pens ?? :shock:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:51 pm

rob wrote:what is all this about an inner circle?......baz you got a circle as well as pens ?? :shock:
:lol: :lol: there is no inner circle, just an outer oblong :D

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
rob wrote:what is all this about an inner circle?......baz you got a circle as well as pens ?? :shock:
:lol: :lol: there is no inner circle, just an outer oblong :D

i might start an on the border triangle :D

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 pm

On the whole 'invite to the meeting' fiasco your bringing up.
Up until tuesday this week I knew one person on this message board but I still came on and posted, had banter and a good laugh with those on here. I also debated points and put my opinion on a few hot topics but never have been slated for any of it.
Back to my point, I knew Baz before tuesday and that was it, I was invited to Coventry by Baz and met people off the messageboard on the bus and have not enjoyed an away trip as throroughly as I did in Coventry. The atmosphere, the banter and the stories shared showed to me that everyone on this board is good fun and are willing to listen to your views.

I think it's a shame you came on with such a negative first post, get to know the people before you make comments. And past should not mingle with your views on people in the present.

Pomp. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Pompey wrote:On the whole 'invite to the meeting' fiasco your bringing up.
Up until tuesday this week I knew one person on this message board but I still came on and posted, had banter and a good laugh with those on here. I also debated points and put my opinion on a few hot topics but never have been slated for any of it.
Back to my point, I knew Baz before tuesday and that was it, I was invited to Coventry by Baz and met people off the messageboard on the bus and have not enjoyed an away trip as throroughly as I did in Coventry. The atmosphere, the banter and the stories shared showed to me that everyone on this board is good fun and are willing to listen to your views.

I think it's a shame you came on with such a negative first post, get to know the people before you make comments. And past should not mingle with your views on people in the present.

i dont know anyone from here :(

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:57 pm

rob wrote:

Your missing out, thier some of the funniest people around and really good company.
Next game I'm down come for a pint with me and your guaranteed to bump into Baz and co. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm

you will trust me, then after meeting me you wont :D

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
brizzleexile wrote:Have assesed the situation further and youre right on one thing no buggers stopping me supporting my club

YOU CAN COME TO ANY MEETING YOU WANT, i pesonally invite you and come and meet what i know is a really good set of lads, after all we are all city fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Baz i appreciate that but im a bolshy tw*t and my views differ with many on here , could see me being labbelled as a riddler spy :roll:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm

Baffling to me all this shit flying round - i get bored of reading it but got to the end of this one and feel confused :lol:

OK the post made - had major inaccuracies and accusations - they have been put right so i hope the poster is now aware when posting in future to think long and hard before typing and that info is correct ........ (because as you see you are corrected pretty quickly on here or the CCMB) and i suppose that then makes you a little more defensive in replies

THERE deffo is a divide in the camps but poster you cannot blame Annis - there are a lot of comings and going from both boards - and when opinions are being posted THERE will always be massive difference of opinions - never change that one!

HOWEVER - I just cant see why the different organisations just cant let each other DO WHAT THEY DO - and what ever fan chooses to opt for the "trusts" option of dealing with issues or the "MB" ways - leave them be it is their choice.

I could not give a shit what Tom next door to me does SO long as he supports our team! I will choose whichever i think is right for me at that time one week i might go on the march the next week join the trust - DO YOU CARE! not really

EVERY fan should just DO what they want to do AND SUPPORT THE BOYS!

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Jez wrote:Baffling to me all this shit flying round - i get bored of reading it but got to the end of this one and feel confused :lol:

OK the post made - had major inaccuracies and accusations - they have been put right so i hope the poster is now aware when posting in future to think long and hard before typing and that info is correct ........ (because as you see you are corrected pretty quickly on here or the CCMB) and i suppose that then makes you a little more defensive in replies

THERE deffo is a divide in the camps but poster you cannot blame Annis - there are a lot of comings and going from both boards - and when opinions are being posted THERE will always be massive difference of opinions - never change that one!

HOWEVER - I just cant see why the different organisations just cant let each other DO WHAT THEY DO - and what ever fan chooses to opt for the "trusts" option of dealing with issues or the "MB" ways - leave them be it is their choice.

I could not give a shit what Tom next door to me does SO long as he supports our team! I will choose whichever i think is right for me at that time one week i might go on the march the next week join the trust - DO YOU CARE! not really

EVERY fan should just DO what they want to do AND SUPPORT THE BOYS!

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:02 pm

brizzle, no one is more outspoken than me, come along and have a drink and meet us, you would be surprised :lol: like we have said oppinions differ but we all have one objective, and thats our team :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:02 pm

rob wrote:

Rob come and meet us soon :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 pm

I still havn't met you have I carl? Or I have :lol: