Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Great Divide

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 pm

brizzleexile wrote:
Jez wrote:Baffling to me all this shit flying round - i get bored of reading it but got to the end of this one and feel confused :lol:

OK the post made - had major inaccuracies and accusations - they have been put right so i hope the poster is now aware when posting in future to think long and hard before typing and that info is correct ........ (because as you see you are corrected pretty quickly on here or the CCMB) and i suppose that then makes you a little more defensive in replies

THERE deffo is a divide in the camps but poster you cannot blame Annis - there are a lot of comings and going from both boards - and when opinions are being posted THERE will always be massive difference of opinions - never change that one!

HOWEVER - I just cant see why the different organisations just cant let each other DO WHAT THEY DO - and what ever fan chooses to opt for the "trusts" option of dealing with issues or the "MB" ways - leave them be it is their choice.

I could not give a shit what Tom next door to me does SO long as he supports our team! I will choose whichever i think is right for me at that time one week i might go on the march the next week join the trust - DO YOU CARE! not really

EVERY fan should just DO what they want to do AND SUPPORT THE BOYS!

Jez fair point but once corrected i apologised , but still the valid pointts remain , regarding do what they do , look at the NUM and the scabs unless we find a way to unite we will fail

Crux of the point i was making

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 am

murphy wrote:
brizzleexile wrote:I never post on CCMB or here but have tonight decided to air my views

In the last 20 years ive seen many turbulant times within our football club from visits to "small clubs " , on a windy wet wednesday night to sunny early summer days with the joy of promotion from division three (still have the scars from the damn police dog)

Tonight i have decide i cannot now follow my football club any more , why you ask

The day we abuse and threaten people like Cal , Sludge and Since 62 means our club is dying , (hey we can blame ridsdale guy hall for our problems but they will go in time be it in the premiership or the unibond) But IT IS OUR FAULT

The day we cant express opinions on finances , players , wheter DJ can give a half time team talk etc without fear is the day that our club is no more , we are the club but that seems to have been forgotten

Annis , you have a real responsibility here , IN MY OPINION you have driven a wedge between us and your an arsehole and a wanker.

You have some questions of ridsdale i have one for you

The Flags sold at whatever pounds they are , how much did they cost you

I have no doubt that you are one of Cardiffs foremost and dedicated fans , but its not the turmoil that the board has created that has made me question my support of the Bluebirds it is the lack of a responsible attitude of a person that fellow fans are influenced by

Im not even sure you will allow this to be posted but i feel i am speaking for the voice of the silent majority

And whilst this division occurs between the fans , I for one cannot consider myself a Cardiff city supporter , I am to ashamed

if your a cardiff fan why call yourself brizzieexile

i assume that name represents bristol and newport

I would imagine that he's a city fan living in Bristol mate, i.e he's exiled in Brizzle

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 am

It is all getting a bit like this :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Z_b-06BDk

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:12 am

Pompey wrote:I still havn't met you have I carl? Or I have :lol:
no, as your guardian ata city game i dont think anyone of your age should meet carl :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Pompey wrote:I still havn't met you have I carl? Or I have :lol:
no, as your guardian ata city game i dont think anyone of your age should meet carl :lol:

He's that bad ;) :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 am

worse than you could ever imagine, you think you was damaged my greig's woes of intercourse, you have not seen any thing lower than carls tales of weird sex :D

i pity you :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:36 am

brizzleexile wrote:I never post on CCMB or here but have tonight decided to air my views

In the last 20 years ive seen many turbulant times within our football club from visits to "small clubs " , on a windy wet wednesday night to sunny early summer days with the joy of promotion from division three (still have the scars from the damn police dog)

Tonight i have decide i cannot now follow my football club any more , why you ask

The day we abuse and threaten people like Cal , Sludge and Since 62 means our club is dying , (hey we can blame ridsdale guy hall for our problems but they will go in time be it in the premiership or the unibond) But IT IS OUR FAULT

The day we cant express opinions on finances , players , wheter DJ can give a half time team talk etc without fear is the day that our club is no more , we are the club but that seems to have been forgotten

Annis , you have a real responsibility here , IN MY OPINION you have driven a wedge between us.

You have some questions of ridsdale i have one for you

The Flags sold at whatever pounds they are , how much did they cost you

I have no doubt that you are one of Cardiffs foremost and dedicated fans , but its not the turmoil that the board has created that has made me question my support of the Bluebirds it is the lack of a responsible attitude of a person that fellow fans are influenced by

Im not even sure you will allow this to be posted but i feel i am speaking for the voice of the silent majority

And whilst this division occurs between the fans , I for one cannot consider myself a Cardiff city supporter , I am to ashamed

I honestly can't believe I'm reading this.

A fan who doesn't want to watch City because of arguments between two messageboards. What is this world coming too?? I thought it had to be a must to have a stong constitution to be a City fan with what we've had to put up with over the years. But this is unbelievable.

When I used to frequent the CCMB I was a victim of a barrage of personal abuse because of my views on Dave Jones. Rather than throwing my toys out of the pram and not wanting to watch CCFC anymore, I simply chose not to use that particular messageboard anymore. Simple as that.

Even yesterday, someone was slagging me off for my Riverside FC scarf - infront of my two year old daughter. Horrible thing to do and yes, we do have arseholes amongst our fans, yes we will have disagreements with each other but a simple disagreement will not stop me watching MY club.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 am

Pompey wrote:On the whole 'invite to the meeting' fiasco your bringing up.
Up until tuesday this week I knew one person on this message board but I still came on and posted, had banter and a good laugh with those on here. I also debated points and put my opinion on a few hot topics but never have been slated for any of it.
Back to my point, I knew Baz before tuesday and that was it, I was invited to Coventry by Baz and met people off the messageboard on the bus and have not enjoyed an away trip as throroughly as I did in Coventry. The atmosphere, the banter and the stories shared showed to me that everyone on this board is good fun and are willing to listen to your views.

I think it's a shame you came on with such a negative first post, get to know the people before you make comments. And past should not mingle with your views on people in the present.

Pomp. :ayatollah:

Good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 am

People's Front of Judea or Judean People's Front - this is getting ridiculous.

Happily, the vast majority of City fans only browse the message boards and don't take them too seriously.

Also, the vast majority of City fans are not members of the Trust (or the supporters' club for that matter), and won't be members of the new club. They just want to support Cardiff City and have no interest in the politics of the club. Perhaps they should be more interested with our current plight but that's how it is.

As it happens, I sometimes travel with the supporters' club and although I'm not a member of the trust, I think it's a good way of getting fans' views across to the club. It's also democratic so you can vote people on and off it.

That's probably healthier than having a handful of self-appointed fans who are in with the directors etc. However, I would not belittle Annis because he posts a huge amount of useful information about what's going on inside the club but I would be concerned if he became too influential when he's not elected by the fans. I guess this is why another supporters' club is being put forward. As long as it's done properly, I wouldn't object personally, although I think its a shame to dilute the work of the trust.

TLG also posts a lot of useful information and it's totally wrong he's had to put up with personal threats and resigned his post. I went on the march but it was his decision not to and that's fine.

Anyway, my point is that this is all slightly ridiculous because most fans are totally unaware of the internal squabbles, thankfully, and would view the infighting as absurd.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:28 pm

nerd wrote:
CF11 wrote:In my opinion there definitely is. The issue of the supporters trust is one good example. Rather than try and work together people have been undermining it, and seemingly have been trying to undo the hard work that people have put into it.

Should the Trust never be questioned or criticised?

Yes we should be questioned constantly by our members to ensure we continue to try and do our best for them. And we should also be criticised if we don`t carry out our members` wishes. We can`t be right all the time - all I would say is that everyone is trying their best all the time.

It does get frustrating that we can`t please all of the people all of the time , but we simply can`t when there are such a wide range of views within the membership base - its a problem with a democratic system. Its also quite frustrating when people tell us to do our job differently , but can`t be ar*ed to join up and get the approach changed democratically. Disagree with what we do by all means , don`t join if you don`t agree with our aims and constitution , but don`t try and actually dictate how we should do things from outside.

As for personal abuse , I have received some (from one poster on here in particular that seems to have taken a personal dislike to me) but I can live with that. Its hardly a major thing in the overall scheme of life is it , someone descending to name calling on a football messageboard.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:39 pm

nerd wrote:
CF11 wrote:In my opinion there definitely is. The issue of the supporters trust is one good example. Rather than try and work together people have been undermining it, and seemingly have been trying to undo the hard work that people have put into it.

yes they should, if they get it wrong then the board members will be held to account at election time. That is how liberal democracy works.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Feedback wrote:
nerd wrote:

yes they should, if they get it wrong then the board members will be held to account at election time. That is how liberal democracy works.

Correct Damian, hope all is well.