Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS MUST BE HIS WORST TIME OF HIS CAREER

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:50 am

Playing for Cardiff City Worshipped every where he goes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArnWKJz ... re=related :ayatollah:

I wouldnt blame him if he hated us, as a player wants to play football and they only have so many years. I for one will be very happy once he has left us..
I know he loves the fans who have stuck by him and loves living down here, but sadly it wasnt meant to be three and a half years of his career wasted.

You will find in his career his has been a model professional and never had any dirt thrown at him as he loves just playing football and drink/gambling etc mean nothing to him.

Re: THIS MUST BE HIS WORST TIME OF HIS CAREER

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:56 am

It must be a low time for any player who is brought to the club by the manager but never given a chance, despite the money they earn some players do actually want to play, want to win, want to be succesful and not sitting on the bench collecting wages.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:28 am

got to feel for the guy but believe DJ did not let him or Taiwo go for the same reason, should the investment not come off and we go into admin etc Jay,Chops Rosco would be first out the door and our front two at the start of next season would be Josh and Feeney - one of the most honest and hard working striking partnerships in the Championship!

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:40 am

Forever Blue wrote:Playing for Cardiff City Worshipped every where he goes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArnWKJz ... re=related :ayatollah:

I wouldnt blame him if he hated us, as a player wants to play football and they only have so many years. I for one will be very happy once he has left us..
I know he loves the fans who have stuck by him and loves living down here, but sadly it wasnt meant to be three and a half years of his career wasted.

You will find in his career his has been a model professional and never had any dirt thrown at him as he loves just playing football and drink/gambling etc mean nothing to him.

Its a shame, not only 3 years of his career wasted, but we've probably paid out £1m in wages to him over that time for what, 10-20 appearances.

Stupid decision to bring him in in the first place. Good luck to the lad when he moves on in the summer.

Mind you, if there is a clear out/change of manager he may still stay, stranger things have happenned. I mean, whats the chances of Chopra and Mccormack still being here, we might need a small striker then. How fuckin ironic would that be !

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:51 am

I can't believe how an international footballer such as Feeney is treated by the club. Watching youtube clips, he is absolutely loved in Northern Ireland for his goals at that level, against some of the better teams in Europe. He is worshipped.

I feel so sorry for the lad that his career has stalled through no fault of his own. I just hope, come the summer, he gets the move that suits him and his family and that he can stick two fingers up at DJ!!

Warren Feeney....Ulsters number 10!!

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:54 am

Mr Davies wrote:I can't believe how an international footballer such as Feeney is treated by the club. Watching youtube clips, he is absolutely loved in Northern Ireland for his goals at that level, against some of the better teams in Europe. He is worshipped.

I feel so sorry for the lad that his career has stalled through no fault of his own. I just hope, come the summer, he gets the move that suits him and his family and that he can stick two fingers up at DJ!!

The problem seems to me that he's fighting for 1 place with 2 far better players.

Also, we cant move him on because we are paying him over the odds.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:00 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:I can't believe how an international footballer such as Feeney is treated by the club. Watching youtube clips, he is absolutely loved in Northern Ireland for his goals at that level, against some of the better teams in Europe. He is worshipped.

The problem seems to me that he's fighting for 1 place with 2 far better players.

At Coventry, DJ lucked out. There is no way he can take credit for that win from a lucky penalty. For the last 20 minutes we were pushing and pushing for the win, and were out of options. Rossco was dying on his arse and Bothroyd was typically moping around and moaning and offering nothing of substance. It was screaming out for a change and Feeney should have been given a chance from the bench. In the end, DJ brought on Paul Quinn at right back. That has been the case at several or more games throughout the season where Feeney has been on the bench and the team need fresh legs upfront but DJ resists and brings on a Capaldi, or a Quinn. Ridiculous.

At Spurs, look at Pavyluchenko. It would be fair to say that Defoe and Crouch and maybe even Keane (although at Celtic now) are better players. But Harry gave him a chance and he's repaying him with a purple patch of goals. Why can't DJ do the same for Feeney.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:04 am

Mr Davies wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

At Coventry, DJ lucked out. There is no way he can take credit for that win from a lucky penalty. For the last 20 minutes we were pushing and pushing for the win, and were out of options. Rossco was dying on his arse and Bothroyd was typically moping around and moaning and offering nothing of substance. It was screaming out for a change and Feeney should have been given a chance from the bench. In the end, DJ brought on Paul Quinn at right back. That has been the case at several or more games throughout the season where Feeney has been on the bench and the team need fresh legs upfront but DJ resists and brings on a Capaldi, or a Quinn. Ridiculous.

At Spurs, look at Pavyluchenko. It would be fair to say that Defoe and Crouch and maybe even Keane (although at Celtic now) are better players. But Harry gave him a chance and he's repaying him with a purple patch of goals. Why can't DJ do the same for Feeney.

one thing I will agree with you on is that Feeney should have been givn more time from the bench. Making subs really isnt DJ's strength.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:16 pm

The fact of life at Cardiff at the moment is even if Magennis was fit he would be played before Feeney

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:The fact of life at Cardiff at the moment is even if Magennis was fit he would be played before Feeney

Different type of player though.

Magennis is the only competition for the 'target-man' slot that Bothroyd has.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Yes agreed

But feeney is so far down the pecking order don't know why DJ just loans him out

We'd have to be down to the final 3 players b4 he would get on

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Yes agreed

But feeney is so far down the pecking order don't know why DJ just loans him out

We'd have to be down to the final 3 players b4 he would get on

I get the feeling that was the original plan before the Golden Ticket fiasco and the injuries to Etuhu and Magennis.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:10 pm

but having said all that he is not better than jay, chopps or ross, so it has to bench for him,
dont think he was a DJ signing, think he was a PR one
he might be a nice bloke, good pro and all that but at the end of the dayi wldnt pick him ahead of the other 3.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Playing for Cardiff City Worshipped every where he goes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YArnWKJz ... re=related :ayatollah:

Its a shame, not only 3 years of his career wasted, but we've probably paid out £1m in wages to him over that time for what, 10-20 appearances.

Stupid decision to bring him in in the first place. Good luck to the lad when he moves on in the summer.

Mind you, if there is a clear out/change of manager he may still stay, stranger things have happenned. I mean, whats the chances of Chopra and Mccormack still being here, we might need a small striker then. How fuckin ironic would that be !

Tim,
Dave Jones has to take the blame for that totally.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Tim,
Dave Jones has to take the blame for that totally.

You are right, although I'm sure PR would have been involved in pay negotiations. :lol:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:08 pm

i for one cannot understand it, i know feeney and jones don't see eye to eye, but surely he knows the man has skill.
feeney is a god in Ireland and rightly so. all he needed was a chance to prove his abilities.
dave jones should be ashamed of the way he has treated a player such as feeney, and i hope feeney knows that most of us fans would have loved to see him given a good run of games.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:42 pm

You wouldnt pick him ahead of the other 3, however the other 3 have all had injury and illness this season and chops hasnt been scoring or really assisting goals so why wouldnt he give feeney a run out as a sub, even if its ten minutes a game to give the others a rest.. Just seems stupid that jones keeps going on about how thin a squad we have. This persons injured and that persons injured but he wont give a fit player like feeney a chance.. He's a striker why wouldnt you give him a chance... Granted he's no Wayne Rooney but this is the championship and feeneys scored for his country, he may have surprised us and got an important goal or two at times where the other strikers couldn't score in a brothel. He is a resource and we should be using our resources

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:29 pm

I really dont see what he offers the current squad especially considering we have Ross, Jay and Chops. He works hard but has little quality at championship level in my opinion

He went out on loan to Sheff Wed to get game time for a month and still didnt get hardly any game time at all.
It was an awful signing especially if he as reported to be on a decent wage.

People like Feeney, Commingues, Capaldi are real dead wood we need to ditch

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I really dont see what he offers the current squad especially considering we have Ross, Jay and Chops. He works hard but has little quality at championship level in my opinion

He went out on loan to Sheff Wed to get game time for a month and still didnt get hardly any game time at all.

Sheff Wed he was begged to go back as Law didnt play him, If he is dead wood please tell Mr Jones not to waiste our money then.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I really dont see what he offers the current squad especially considering we have Ross, Jay and Chops. He works hard but has little quality at championship level in my opinion

Sheff Wed he was begged to go back as Law didnt play him, If he is dead wood please tell Mr Jones not to waiste our money then.

Laws did'nt play feeney and soars when he had them on load when we hadnt scored a goal in six games! It finished up getting him the sack.ok hes Burnley manager now but thats not going to last with reports in the media last week!

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:40 am

sam salim wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Laws did'nt play feeney and soars when he had them on load when we hadnt scored a goal in six games! It finished up getting him the sack.ok hes Burnley manager now but thats not going to last with reports in the media last week!

Correct Sam.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:53 am

I agree its a disgrace

But Annis do you think the riddler :evil: has limited his involvement because of his friendship with you??

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:55 am

ccfc95 wrote:I agree its a disgrace

But Annis do you think the riddler :evil: has limited his involvement because of his friendship with you??

Feeney is being treated like this because he was out spoken a few yrs ago, a bit like Steve Thompson.