Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF Big GWYN, CARL, RHOOSTER,STEVE DAVIES,etc etc

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Tony, Mr Davies, Tim(Lawn Mower), Nerd,Mike Roddericks,Rob, Robbie S and other like minded people put their names down to be on the TRUST BOARD, Then I will Rejoin and back it, it needs some, proper voices, action and some out spoken people who will actually achieve something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IF Big GWYN, CARL, RHOOSTER,STEVE DAVIES,etc etc

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:03 pm

Nope, I won't be standing.

To stand I'd have to join, and given my view on the Trust, that would be hypocritical of me to do so.

Equally events of the last few days would make it difficult for people associated or promoted here from being elected. There will almost certainly be a backlash by voters against anyone linked to this board due to the manner of TLG's resignation.

A cynic would say that may have been one of the aims...

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:09 pm

nerd wrote:Nope, I won't be standing.

To stand I'd have to join, and given my view on the Trust, that would be hypocritical of me to do so.

Equally events of the last few days would make it difficult for people associated or promoted here from being elected. There will almost certainly be a backlash by voters against anyone linked to this board due to the manner of TLG's resignation.

Its a democratic organisation.

The majority will decide.

In fact there are 10 places and there is a very good chance of anyone standing getting a place on the board.
I could have got on it last time, if I (and my family and friends) had actually voted for myself :lol:

Its more a question of who is prepared to give up a big chunk of time to do it.

Also, you'll be putting YOURSELF in the firing line for all the criticism when you don't please everyone all the time (and we all know how easy that is).

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:09 pm

I agree with you, I personally think the Trust has achieved nothing, not been there when it mattered and has no strength and personally I believe the Riddler has treated them as his puppet.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:10 pm

well i'm up for it, would have to join first though. :D

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:26 pm

You have left me out Annis :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:27 pm

BlueCheg wrote:You have left me out Annis :cry: :cry: :cry:

Take the hint Cheggers :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tony, Mr Davies, Nerd,Mike Roddericks,Rob, Robbie S and other like minded people put their names down to be on the TRUST BOARD, Then I will Rejoin and back it, it needs some, proper voices, action and some out spoken people who will actually achieve something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I tried to rejoin the Trust last week after TLG's apology but it appears I'm not wanted so unfortunately I'm out :lol:

Being serious Annis you are completely right. The Trust has many good people on the Board who bring their own qualities to the table.

However, IMO there are 2 obvious flaws.

You have identified the first there is a lack of 'big hitters' individuals with a presence. An organisation needs a natural born leader so its members can rally around, especially in a crisis. They need to know that hard decisions will be taken and their leaders have the courage to do that.

The second problem is the lack of consultation. TLG gave you the feeling that he knew best and the Trust should follow his way rather than consult with the members to find out if it agreed. It was a kind of aloofness which didn't sit well and indeed eventually caused an implosion.

The solution is to encourage the people you have named above to take a more active role in the Trust and Annis I wouldn’t rule yourself out either. (That way I might get back in)

I feel for the Trust it has suffered a huge dent to its reputation over the past few weeks and if it is to recover it needs to look radically within itself and change its outlook towards others beyond its small ‘inner circle’ of friends urgently.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:29 pm

chippy909 wrote:

that tickled me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:34 pm

I'd do it.

When talks about the trust first surfaced a few years ago, I was quite excited by the idea. I thought a group of people working in the best interests of thousands.

To be honest, I think it has been a damp squib. I don't really care about getting in ethnic minorities down to CCS, I care about the state of the club at the moment and the 10,000+ people who were coerced into ploughing their hard earned cash into the club with false promises. I don't really care about self promotion, the only promotion I care about is the one the club get to the Premiership.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I'd do it.

When talks about the trust first surfaced a few years ago, I was quite excited by the idea. I thought a group of people working in the best interests of thousands.

To be honest, I think it has been a damp squib. I don't really care about getting in ethnic minorities down to CCS, I care about the state of the club at the moment and the 10,000+ people who were coerced into ploughing their hard earned cash into the club with false promises. I don't really care about self promotion, the only promotion I care about is the one the club get to the Premiership.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You get my vote!

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:00 pm

as per usual we have the same old silly , ill informed comments that the trust is somehow just about getting ethnic minorities down the club

total rubbish lads and its getting very boring and the more you keep up with it , the more you will havve people sniping at this board

and as someone who uses both boards I see it from both sides

simple as that

the community group is trying to arrange meet the player evenings , pub nights outside of cardiff , we have a battle of the bands night night coming up

lots of social type events so we can spread the word of cardiff city fans and how we can work together

its no good moaning about it , if you want to get involved , give it a go

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree with you, I personally think the Trust has achieved nothing, not been there when it mattered and has no strength and personally I believe the Riddler has treated them as his puppet.

I totally disagree

the trust is a new organisation and there is lots to learn

unless we have people with millions of poundsout there to take us forward then all of us are subject to the money men in football

we can try , if it isnt good enough then people should join up and try and improve it

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Sludge wrote:as per usual we have the same old silly , ill informed comments that the trust is somehow just about getting ethnic minorities down the club

total rubbish lads and its getting very boring and the more you keep up with it , the more you will havve people sniping at this board

and as someone who uses both boards I see it from both sides

simple as that

the community group is trying to arrange meet the player evenings , pub nights outside of cardiff , we have a battle of the bands night night coming up

lots of social type events so we can spread the word of cardiff city fans and how we can work together

its no good moaning about it , if you want to get involved , give it a go

So, are you saying the trust didn't spend £££'s on trying to get ethnic minorities involved in the club and that Corky wasn't going around Cardiff with questionnaires for people to fill in??

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Annis

The Trust should not be like a political party. Membership should be for all fans of CCFC whatever their views. Joining and resigning should not be based on whether we like or dislike, agree or disagree with individual elected officials. Please come back into the fold without conditions. We are all fans of CCFC, that should be the only driver in our decision. One lesson that should be pretty clear from the ongoing saga is that the fans have to unite as one, but that individuals should be entitled to hold their own opinions.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:22 pm

no , thats incorrect

we asked people in the area around the ground ...all people of all backgrounds about the club , how often they went , why they didnt go etc

and had some very interesting feedback

that was done by street surveys

some were simply not interested in football, some were sadly rugby fans , some were premiership fans

some people mentioned trouble ( something the trust is also trying to deal with via an anti social behaviour initiative with the police and local schools ) but on the good side of things very few people ( of all backgrounds ) mentioned that racism was a big problem and they felt that when they did come down , they enjoyed it !

one major thing mentioned was the cost of football ..something that affects lots of people ...and cardiff city supporters trust again have been working with the club to try and get tickets to give out to the local communities ...of all backgrounds ...to get them interested in the club

thats people of all backgrounds

we found out a lot of stuff that will prove useful to the club in the future

those are the facts

if you are unhappy about the community groups work , then join the trust and get involved

its very easy to critisise without knowing the facts

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:Annis

The Trust should not be like a political party. Membership should be for all fans of CCFC whatever their views. Joining and resigning should not be based on whether we like or dislike, agree or disagree with individual elected officials. Please come back into the fold without conditions. We are all fans of CCFC, that should be the only driver in our decision. One lesson that should be pretty clear from the ongoing saga is that the fans have to unite as one, but that individuals should be entitled to hold their own opinions.

:ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tony, Mr Davies, Tim(Lawn Mower), Nerd,Mike Roddericks,Rob, Robbie S and other like minded people put their names down to be on the TRUST BOARD, Then I will Rejoin and back it, it needs some, proper voices, action and some out spoken people who will actually achieve something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

it would be a big commitment. I would only do it if I knew I could give it sufficient time. At the moment with a young family and another one on the way, running a growing business I could not give it the dedication it would need. At the moment but never say never!

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Tony, Mr Davies, Nerd,Mike Roddericks,Rob, Robbie S and other like minded people put their names down to be on the TRUST BOARD, Then I will Rejoin and back it, it needs some, proper voices, action and some out spoken people who will actually achieve something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I tried to rejoin the Trust last week after TLG's apology but it appears I'm not wanted so unfortunately I'm out :lol:

Being serious Annis you are completely right. The Trust has many good people on the Board who bring their own qualities to the table.

You have identified the first there is a lack of 'big hitters' individuals with a presence. An organisation needs a natural born leader so its members can rally around, especially in a crisis. They need to know that hard decisions will be taken and their leaders have the courage to do that.

I was told that i was not allowed to join incase i upset TLG!

The second problem is the lack of consultation. TLG gave you the feeling that he knew best and the Trust should follow his way rather than consult with the members to find out if it agreed. It was a kind of aloofness which didn't sit well and indeed eventually caused an implosion.

The solution is to encourage the people you have named above to take a more active role in the Trust and Annis I wouldn’t rule yourself out either. (That way I might get back in)

I feel for the Trust it has suffered a huge dent to its reputation over the past few weeks and if it is to recover it needs to look radically within itself and change its outlook towards others beyond its small ‘inner circle’ of friends urgently.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:44 pm

thats totally understood mate

but for those of you who are not able to give up time but want a say in how the trust works then if you join you can not only vote for people you think are doing a good job , but also vote for ANY person who is good enough to stand for election ...but also vote off people who you think are not doing the biz

and of course, as a member , if you think say the club shouldnt be spending money on ..for example ..the fred keenor thing ......then again you can have your views heard

if you want the trust just to focus on club matters ..and that alone ..again by being involved..weven just by joining you can influence things

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Daya wrote:

you may think the trust has suffered a " HUGE DENT " in its reputation

I think you will find our membership has increased recently

so clearly , thats an opinion and not a fact

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:44 pm

i,m all for the trust myself,sludgey is an intelligent bloke,who doesn,t run with the "hares or the hounds".if that is an indicator of the type of people involved.i think it is defo worth a few quid to join.reading a couple of the above posts,there trying to do good things.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:53 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
chippy909 wrote:

that tickled me :lol: :lol: :lol:

he thought they were joint to the hip baz lol ....

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm

theracecourse wrote:i,m all for the trust myself,sludgey is an intelligent bloke,who doesn,t run with the "hares or the hounds".if that is an indicator of the type of people involved.i think it is defo worth a few quid to join.reading a couple of the above posts,there trying to do good things.

Good for you mate!!!!!

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tony, Mr Davies, Tim(Lawn Mower), Nerd,Mike Roddericks,Rob, Robbie S and other like minded people put their names down to be on the TRUST BOARD, Then I will Rejoin and back it, it needs some, proper voices, action and some out spoken people who will actually achieve something. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Any commitee is only the voice of it's member's

Arther Scargill ,Maggie Thatcher and the good old Riddler comes to mind. If the people at the top want to stamp their pesonality on a forum , board, or goverment And dont listen to the people then the voice of the people are not heared

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I'd do it.

Love your Avitar Mr Davies :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:11 am

Sludge wrote:
Daya wrote:

you may think the trust has suffered a " HUGE DENT " in its reputation

I think you will find our membership has increased recently

so clearly , thats an opinion and not a fact

I think you will also find that many members have also decided to let there Trust membership lapse over the past few weeks and many others have been put off joining. We can all roll back to a point that suits us for argument sake, but at this very moment the Trust has suffered a huge dent to its reputation which it will hide very hard to recover from

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 am

hardly any at all

in fact when the latest membership figures are up to date , contact the trust and you will be able to see the actual position for yourself

again , like dayo , you think the trust has been damaged but then thats going to back up yopur arguement

but the facts are this and they are very simple .....

cardiff city supporters club ..which many trust members are also members of ..and the trust and the biggest supporter representation groups we have

both democratic and both open to free elections

at the moment thats what we have

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:24 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:Annis

Great post.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:24 am

Sludge call for an open meeting invite everyone.