Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why cant they shift the Riddler?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:34 am

Surely, if the majority of shareholders want Riddler out, then his 10% of shares counts
for nothing? A vote of no confidence in the chairman, an investigation into some of his
dealings could see him sent home on gardening leave, ostracised and powerless??

What hold has the sneaky tw*t got over this club?

Re: Why cant they shift the Riddler?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:36 am

taffyapple wrote:Surely, if the majority of shareholders want Riddler out, then his 10% of shares counts
for nothing? A vote of no confidence in the chairman, an investigation into some of his

His contract I suppose.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 am

taffyapple wrote:Surely, if the majority of shareholders want Riddler out, then his 10% of shares counts

Sometimes it makes me think, has he got something on them, Some say they knew some of the antics he was up to and gave him their backing, yet they deny this. The Million contract is also an issue.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:38 am

Probably because at the moment the major shareholders, and the rest of the board thing it's the best thing to do for the moment.

With a Malaysian investment looking likely, and a possible takeover I say we should leave them to it. I don't see why we need to interfere, as much as I dislike Ridsdale.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 am

i disagree we should put as much pressure on ridsdale to leave thev club if we hound him and it gets
in the media he will have no where to hide and the whole country will see wat we have said
for ages he only see city as a milk cow

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 am

Pressure him til he is gone. The Malaysians will not want to share a club with a man like that if they know his history and therefore him being there is killing the club.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:43 am

CF11 wrote:Probably because at the moment the major shareholders, and the rest of the board thing it's the best thing to do for the moment.

With a Malaysian investment looking likely, and a possible takeover I say we should leave them to it. I don't see why we need to interfere, as much as I dislike Ridsdale.

Anything which hastens his exit has got to help though.

Some think he ignores protests and chants etc.. and he may well do that, but who knows, the next one could be the one that seals it. Better than nothing.

Personally I'm agreeing with those who think that his presence and the cost of shifting him is delaying the investment or even putting it in doubt. Its coming not only from here, but other sources.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:45 am

He has learned his lessons from Leeds and Barnsley and was easily sidelined at both clubs. Although not being the most astute of financial directors, in other ways he is a shrewd cookie and will have made it more difficult for others to remove him this time. However he is dealing with a far wiser animal in TG. There can only be one winner and it won't be Ridsdale. TG, VT and associates at the Berjaya Corporation have more than 200 companies in their portfolio and will have been through this type of process many many times. Keep the faith and have patience, it will happen.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:48 am

I think the alledged £1m severance deal has to be the biggest issue and is similar to what Jan Molby did when he was manager of the Jacks. He was apparently on £3k p/w (massive money back then) and would threaten the board with resigning and obtaining a pay off they couldn't afford if he didn't get his own way.

Not only that Ridsdale seems to have a majority in his favour at boardroom level so an EGM would probably be the only way to oust him.

As we know to do that 5% of the shareholders need to propose and second the motion with a majority in favour then required at the meeting.

Guy, Hall and Borley for starters would need to break cover and openly come out against Ridsdale and we already know how feeble minded they are when they are asked to do that.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:51 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think the alledged £1m severance deal has to be the biggest issue and is similar to what Jan Molby did when he was manager of the Jacks. He was apparently on £3k p/w (massive money back then) and would threaten the board with resigning and obtaining a pay off they couldn't afford if he didn't get his own way.

Not only that Ridsdale seems to have a majority in his favour at boardroom level so an EGM would probably be the only way to oust him.

As we know to do that 5% of the shareholders need to propose and second the motion with a majority in favour then required at the meeting.

Guy, Hall and Borley for starters would need to break cover and openly come out against Ridsdale and we already know how feeble minded they are when they are asked to do that.

I dont think he has the majority support in the boardroom any more.

Only 2 things keeping him here IMHO.

- The contract and pay-off. No-one wants to be mugged of £1m
- Stuff he knows. Others may be afraid he'll blow everything open and really screw us up if he's forced out.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think the alledged £1m severance deal has to be the biggest issue and is similar to what Jan Molby did when he was manager of the Jacks. He was apparently on £3k p/w (massive money back then) and would threaten the board with resigning and obtaining a pay off they couldn't afford if he didn't get his own way.

but this time they would have tg behind them but after last time who could trust them and how long would it take to get an egm tony and how long will the offer be on the table

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:00 pm

sleepers wrote:

but this time they would have tg behind them but after last time who could trust them and how long would it take to get an egm tony and how long will the offer be on the table

That's actually a good point. I suppose if the Malaysians bought 50% of the clubs shares through the £6m investment they could easily get rid of Ridsdale at an EGM.

May be that's what's happening as the NOTW mention something about Ridsdale staying on in the short term.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

His contract I suppose.

But surely the 'golden ticket' scam alone hints at bringing the club into disrepute, and he could
be suspended for the 'good of all involved'... while an investigation took place. We all know that
any investigation would be just the Clubs way of ensuring he's out of the picture, and that he
doesnt have any legal recourse if found guilty.

I wonder just how complicit other members of the board have been regarding his lies and double-dealing?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 pm

taffyapple wrote:But surely the 'golden ticket' scam alone hints at bringing the club into disrepute, and he could
be suspended for the 'good of all involved'... while an investigation took place. We all know that
any investigation would be just the Clubs way of ensuring he's out of the picture, and that he
doesnt have any legal recourse if found guilty.

I wonder just how complicit other members of the board have been regarding his lies and double-dealing?

The problem with the Golden Ticket scheme IMO was that they were all a part of it and they all knew what was going on.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:50 pm

AFAIK, the issue isn't him being Chairman, can easily be removed.

Happy to be corrected, but I believe he's also CEO of the club, a salaried position. Hence removing him from that would involve a severance package as per contract...