Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHY WAS MY POST DELETED..?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I always said moving the Community Section killed the atmosphere at CCS ;) :lol:

:lol:

How nasty on the community section, the club values them so little that they place them in the firing line for thrown projectiles. :? :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I always said moving the Community Section killed the atmosphere at CCS ;) :lol:

How nasty on the community section, the club values them so little that they place them in the firing line for thrown projectiles. :? :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Splott-light wrote:

Fair play I have always admired those individuals who are 'community minded' but taking a pocketful of 50p's in the eye is going way above what you would expect

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:38 pm

You will find nothing has been deleted just moved to one side, as I have promised a certain person their will be NO MORE SNIPES AT HIM FROM THIS FORUM, IF SO THEY WILL BE MOVED TO ONE SIDE.
He doesnt want his name being talked about on here and I agree with him.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Splott-light wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Splott-light wrote:Exact cut & paste sent to me on the CCMB under the title 'FAO Splott-light RE The Trust'.

In fact here is the link: http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... sg_1779265

Never accuse me of shit stirring with unfounded rumour.

The following is an article I wrote about the Trust for the first issue of our magazine. Obviously, more has happened since this was written, but it might give you a flavour of what the Trust is all about:

Led by the government-backed Supporters Direct organisation, the supporters' trust movement has been steadily gathering momentum in recent years. There are now over 150 trusts in operation with more than 130,000 paid-up members throughout Britain. Clubs in the top two divisions whose fans are served by trusts include Manchester United, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Ipswich and Derby, while in Scotland followers of both Old Firm clubs have become a part of the movement. In Wales and the West almost all of the major clubs have active trusts, including Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Plymouth, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers. In September 2008, a small but dedicated band of Bluebirds fans officially launched the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust. The following is the story of the Trust so far:

Back in November 2007, former Valley RAMS secretary Paul Corkrey called a meeting at the Municipal Club in Cardiff with a view to setting up a supporters' trust at Cardiff City. The idea certainly wasn't a new one; it had been discussed by Bluebirds fans at regular intervals down the years, but had never previously got off the ground. As a result of his involvement with the national Football Supporters' Federation, Corky, as Paul is better-known, had become aware of the good work being done by supporters' trusts at numerous other clubs up and down the country. Consequently, he felt City fans should attempt to form a trust of their own, especially as the Langston legal case was casting a dark shadow over Ninian Park at the time.

Twenty three people attended that first meeting and decided to investigate the possibility further. A fortnight later, more than fifty people attended a second meeting at the Lansdowne Hotel as the idea began to take shape. A steering group of volunteers was quickly formed and its members soon agreed on the main principles of the proposed trust. It was decided that the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust should be a democratic, non-profit making organisation that would be owned and run by the fans themselves. It was also agreed that the trust should be open, accountable, easily affordable, actively inclusive and fully representative of its membership.

The steering group decided the trust's primary short-term objectives should be to enter into a regular dialogue with Cardiff City officials on all of the issues that affect the fans in a bid to improve the relationship between the club and its supporters, and to work alongside the Bluebirds' staff in attempting to find ways to further develop the links between the club and the South Wales community an initiative that will hopefully help to increase the club's support throughout the region.

The longer-term aims were to raise enough money to buy a significant shareholding in the club and to promote the principle of supporter representation on the club's board of directors. It was felt that Cardiff City fans had been without a genuine voice for far too long, and it was hoped that the formation of an active and democratic trust would go a long way towards rectifying that situation.

The volunteers, who were based at the Duke of Clarence pub in Canton, organised themselves into working groups and began making arrangements for an open public meeting, which took place at the Welsh Institute of Sport in Sophia Gardens on the morning of the home game against Southampton in March 2008. The purpose of the meeting was to introduce the theory behind the supporters' trust movement with the help of guest speakers from Supporters Direct and the Saints Trust. More than a hundred City fans attended the event and they voted unanimously in favour of the formation of a trust, so it was all systems go from that point onwards.

The steering group spent the next few months working alongside Supporters Direct officials while drawing up the trust's constitution and membership details. Once those jobs had been completed, the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust became a legal entity in August 2008. The Trust was registered as an Industrial and Provident Society with the Financial Services Authority, and was given the formal title of the Cardiff City Supporters' Society Limited.

The official launch of the Trust was staged a month later at the Electricity Club in Pontcanna and it was a huge success. Around three hundred supporters attended the event and more than two thirds became Trust members on the night. The guests of honour were City legends Phil Dwyer, Jason Perry and Andy Legg, who signed up for the membership packages bearing their names. Fans were able to have their photos taken with the FA Cup, Jonathan Owen introduced a screening of his popular Cup final film, and BBC Radio Wales commentator Rob Phillips hosted a lively forum featuring former Premiership referee Keith Cooper, Western Mail journalist Steve Tucker, Supporters Direct official Kevin Rye and the three ex-players.

In October 2008, members of the Trust's steering group held their first formal meeting with Bluebirds Chairman Peter Ridsdale and Group Finance Director Alan Flitcroft. Topics discussed included the club's relationship with its supporters, seating arrangements and ticket prices at the new stadium, the Ninian Park End of an Era celebrations, away 'bubble' trips, a couple of anti-hooliganism initiatives and several community-related issues. As a direct result of concerns raised by Trust representatives during that initial meeting at Ninian, the club's officials reviewed and subsequently altered their plans in relation to the positioning of the Family Section at the new Cardiff City Stadium.

The Trust's first community event took place a few weeks later at Barry College, where City stars Eddie Johnson and Miguel Comminges joined steering group members Tracey Marsh and Mark Hooper for a questions and answers session with the college's football team. The players' visit was a part of the college's Black History Month celebrations an event which has been held annually in the USA since 1926 and is now held every October here in Britain. It was a great success and gained some excellent press coverage for both the club and the Trust.

In the first week of December, Trust members were invited by the club's officials to a special season ticket presentation at Ninian Park. Around sixty fans attended the event, which was hosted by Julian Jenkins, the club's Head of Customer Services and Ticketing. Peter Ridsdale, Alan Flitcroft and Stadium Manager Wayne Nash were also in attendance, and between them they were able to answer most of the supporters' questions about ticketing and seating issues at the new ground. During a very constructive meeting, Trust members were given a valuable preview of the excellent computer graphics the club later used to help fans choose their seats when the 2009/10 season tickets went on sale.

Early in the New Year, the steering group began preparing for the election of the Trust's first board of directors. Eleven members stood for the nine available positions on the board, and those elected after a postal ballot were: Paul Corkrey (Chairman), Tim Hartley (Vice Chairman), Martin Bale, David Craig, Tracey Marsh, Keith Morgan, Paul Russell, Dave Sugarman and Anthony Wedlake. Other members who are continuing to work for the Trust in various capacities following the elections include Geraint Jones (Secretary), Rob Keegan (Treasurer) and Phil Nifield (Press Officer).

The election results were announced to the membership during the Trust's first Annual General Meeting, which took place in the Canton Suite at Ninian Park in mid-April. While addressing the members, Chairman Paul Corkrey revealed the Trust had successfully completed the purchase of its first block of shares in the club. In a brief ceremony held in the Ninian boardroom, Acting Secretary Paul Russell handed over a cheque for £999.95 to Bluebirds chief Peter Ridsdale, who presented Paul with a certificate giving the Trust 2,857 ordinary shares in Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Limited. This significant step will enable the Trust to be officially represented at the company's next AGM, and also means that every Trust member is now a part-owner of the Bluebirds.

The Trust hit the headlines in June when members raised strong objections to the club's proposed pricing policy for the pre-season friendly matches against Celtic and Valencia. Following lengthy discussions with representatives of the Trust and the Cardiff City Supporters' Club, the football club's officials slashed the prices of tickets for both fixtures, and also reduced the cost of some of the food and beverages at the new stadium.

In July, the club's Group Finance Director, Alan Flitcroft, was the Trust's special guest during an open meeting at the Duke of Clarence. Around fifty fans attended the event and they were able to question Alan on a wide range of issues. Topics covered during an informative meeting included the away membership scheme, match day prices for the 2009/10 season, e-ticketing booking fees, the Langston loan notes debt, customer service levels and the club's lack of marketing initiatives.

As you may have read in the South Wales press, the Trust is spearheading the Fred Keenor Memorial Campaign. Trust member Mike Inker drew up an on-line petition in late-2007 with a view to gauging interest in the idea of having a statue erected in honour of City's legendary FA Cup-winning captain. After more than a thousand fans had signed his petition, Mike approached the Trust's steering group and asked for help. A Fred Keenor Memorial sub-committee was set up and the campaign quickly took off after receiving backing from the South Wales Echo. Twenty volunteers from the Trust, including Fred's nephew, Graham Keenor, went out onto the streets around Ninian Park before the Easter Monday victory over Burnley and managed to add a further five thousand signatures to the petition.

Three accomplished local sculptors have been invited by the Trust to tender for the job of creating the Fred Keenor statue. They are Roger Andrews, who hails from Llantwit Major and is currently producing the statue of Sir Tasker Watkins which will stand outside the Millennium Stadium; Cardiff-based James Done, who created the tributes to comedian Tommy Cooper in Caerphilly and boxer Johnny Owen in Merthyr Tydfil; and Michael Field, also of Cardiff, who produced the statue of Ivor Allchurch which stands outside Swansea's Liberty Stadium.

The three sculptors have been asked to submit their ideas and prices by the end of September. They have also been requested to create a maquette, which is a small-scale model of their proposed design. As soon as the costs have been established and one of the sculptors has been awarded the contract, the Trust will present its petition to the Cardiff Council in a bid to gain financial support and planning assistance. The Welsh Assembly Government, Cardiff City Football Club and businesses in the South Wales area will then be asked for their backing, and a public fundraising appeal will also be launched.

A location for the proposed statue has yet to be finalised but the most likely site is within the grounds of the Cardiff City Stadium. In a further boost to the campaign, which is being managed by board member David Craig, the Trust has recently been given permission by the Football Association to use the image of the FA Cup in the proposed statue.

I've highlighted the piece of text that I was refering to.

In short. The club wanted to put the Family Section next to the away fans and some Trust members (there wasnt a Trust board at the time), including myself met the club to talk about a few items. We strongly put it to the club that it was a mistake to lay the ground out as it was and were told that they couldnt do anything about it as the safety Adisory Group, and in particular the police had insisted on it to give us the license.

After further meetings the club relented and moved the family Scetion over 2 blocks away from the away fans.

THAT is what the statement is talking about.

AT NO POINT did the club EVER consider putting the families in the Canton, which I beleive has cost the club revenue, but thats another story.
So please just drop the accusation because its rubbish.

If true then i'll hold my hand up, but as I am not a Trust member i'm not privvy to know the goings on at the club or the decisions the club makes on my behalf through meetings with The Trust, it would appear that unless you enroll as part of the 'secret mailing society' you are not aware of what's going on.

But hey, if i'm wrong then i'm wrong.

Thankyou. And I can ASSURE you it is 100% TRUE. There is no secret it was well debated in the open at the time of it happening. In a way I may even have been proved wrong as there havent been any incidents yet at the ground so i guess the police's plan has worked. i'd still like to see it changed in the future, but I wont be holding my breath.

I'm amazed that ANYONE thought that the Trust could over-rule the police entirely at all.

Can we just put this whole nonsense to bed now.

The people who are left to pick up the pieces at the Trust deserve better than this.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:56 pm

:ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:27 pm

MOVING TO CCS full stop has killed the atmophere IMO :lol: :lol: :lol: