Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GREAT TO SEE SO MANY TURN UP FOR MEETING

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 pm

pengedragon wrote:just an idea, why dont a couple of you stand for election to the trust and get your voices heard that way, we need to be united more than ever just now dont we ?

edit. sorry i see someone above has made the same point, still stands though

:ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:36 pm

How are you suppose to get any credability if you start holding 'Meeting' without informing fans?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm

For those saying people here should instead try to get elected within the trust, I have a serious question.

Do you think anybody standing for election within the Trust who can be identified with this board would ever get elected, given the mass fingerpointing elsewhere on other boards relating to a thread about a certain person who shouldn't be named?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:39 pm

pengedragon wrote:just an idea, why dont a couple of you stand for election to the trust and get your voices heard that way, we need to be united more than ever just now dont we ?

Because the 'Trust' has already failed.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:40 pm

once again, " it was'nt a planned meeting with any agender" it was a i'll meet you in the ninian that got bigger

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:41 pm

nerd wrote:For those saying people here should instead try to get elected within the trust, I have a serious question.

Do you think anybody standing for election within the Trust who can be identified with this board would ever get elected, given the mass fingerpointing elsewhere on other boards relating to a thread about a certain person who shouldn't be named?

Nerd, for some reason we are totally disliked, for marching, petitions,scarfs, protests, I just dont understand why.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Anything will fail if you only involve the inner circle and not all the fans doesnt matter what name they call their selves.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:47 pm

nerd wrote:For those saying people here should instead try to get elected within the trust, I have a serious question.

i'd like to think the trust will grow to be much bigger than any messageboard disagreements. early days - personally i'd vote for anybody who came up with any good ideas

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:56 pm

I don't think I will be joining, we need one big supporters group not a few little one's.

We need to start coming together as fans and I feel this will only separate us again.

And I will apologise if I am wrong but I can see this being run as an inner circle thing even if the intention is not there.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:57 pm

my opinion remains we have a trust and a supporters club

and if enough people join both , we will be stronger

at the end of the day if someone doesnt appear to be doing a good job , vote them off

but if this new supporters group does emerge then if it proves to be worthwhile then thats a good thing

if it makes mistakes then it will have to face the flak , like the exisiting trust and supporters club has to

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:58 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Anything will fail if you only involve the inner circle and not all the fans doesnt matter what name they call their selves.

Correct, thats why that will NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:01 pm

As regards to your ideas brought forward today(early days yet i imagine) can anyone tell me how this is going to help the club or its supporters anymore than what we have in place already??

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:Anything will fail if you only involve the inner circle and not all the fans doesnt matter what name they call their selves.

Correct, thats why that will NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

So will there be a democratically elected board of this new group with a written constitution?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Nerd, for some reason we are totally disliked, for marching, petitions,scarfs, protests, I just dont understand why.

I would say its because the Trust, like so many 'elected' bodies has a higher opinion of its worth than is actually
the case. It is just another 'talking shop'

In all honesty, another group will be pretty much the same without total transparency, which to be fair, I believe you
are looking for.

Currently, information comes out of the boardroom in dribs and drabs, from different sources and usually turns
out to be misinformation and smokescreens (god bless the Riddler)... Different people hear different things and
this causes division. Longshanks defeated Wales in much the same way hundreds of years ago. Divide and rule!!

IF there is to be a new supporters group, and if this group is to be any different it should aim to get a representative
on the board. No more third hand info from a friend of a friend, horses mouth kind of thing.?? Thats my thought
on it all anyways

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 pm

It seems that people with huge egos will resort to anything to bring down the trust. The club needs a strong trust and not another talking shop with its own agenda. Ridsdale was and is on borrowed time with or without Marches, Demo,s, Scarfes and T.shirts.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:19 pm

dannyblue wrote:It seems that people with huge egos will resort to anything to bring down the trust. The club needs a strong trust and not another talking shop with its own agenda. Ridsdale was and is on borrowed time with or without Marches, Demo,s, Scarfes and T.shirts.

so are you saying these had no affect at all?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Annis

I strongly endorse the points made by Pengedragon and CF11.

The Trust is a fledgling organisation set up only 18 ago after much hard work particularly by Corky. It has a legal framework and a committee structure and the mechanism for the members to elect the committee.

Exactly the same as you would need for any new organisation.

There is room for a supporters club and trust because they have different aims, however I feel that any new body will inevitably conflict with what the trust does.

Thus we would have two weaker bodies instead of one stronger one with more members.

I am reminded of one of Sir Humphries quotes from Yes Minikster.

"If you must do this damn silly thing, don't do it in this damn silly way"

I call it damn silly because anything which fragments the fan base now is pretty damn silly.

Strength in numbers seems a better way forward.

Regards

Elwood

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm

rob wrote:
dannyblue wrote:It seems that people with huge egos will resort to anything to bring down the trust. The club needs a strong trust and not another talking shop with its own agenda. Ridsdale was and is on borrowed time with or without Marches, Demo,s, Scarfes and T.shirts.

One march has had more effect in a couple of hours than the Trust has had since it was formed. Im sorry
but its true. Write a strongly worded letter to Ridsdale (which is all the Trust can do) and he will baffle
you with bullshit, talk his way out of it, totally ignore it. He was rattled last week by just the idea of a
march. TV, Press, Media... its in your face bad publicity.

Direct action DID work, that march marginalised Ridsdale far more than ANY letter which he can chuck in
a bin.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 pm

the trust is about a lot more than just ridsdale though. let's hope he is gone before too long, what will this new group do then ? or is that the sole aim ?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Certainly if enough like minded people joined the trust.

Annis mentioned 600 e-mails asking sbout a new organisation.

I'm sure if that number joined the trust anyone they backed would have a good chance of betting onto the committee

TLG you mean of course.

I'm not afraid of mentioning him.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 pm

rob wrote:

I think its unquantifiable at the moment to see what effect these had.

Someone will need to ask the principal players in due course as to how they were affected by them.

However I think what concentrated their minds over the last few weeks was the the deep abyss of Admniistration that we are still staring into.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:46 pm

OK so if some of the members from this site managed to get elected to the "trust" - and then for exaan mple pushed for a march (which they clearly did not want) or the scarves and t-shirts ideas - as they think THESE are a waste of time.

Does that not then take away from the "day 2 day" fan who actually want actions of these kinds and not a pen pushing style.

As a fan i believe in pro-active ideas - for me letters back and forth would not be what i think as a fan would get me heard

I am just finding it difficult to get to grips with joining the trust because they have their own agenda and ways of doing things and would not listen to little me!

AND

Annis & co who had the ad-hoc meeting today a Q for you - WHAT are your aims of the group ?

Current situation with PR is obviously something of a topic - but soon as he is gone then what kind of things will the group do ???

I wait to see and then decide :)

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Wish I had heard about his meeting. I would have saved a bomb by avoiding taking my daughters to the funfair. :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

jizz, you sound really sexy when you write a dominant post.....................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr tiger :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Annis & co who had the ad-hoc meeting today a Q for you - WHAT are your aims of the group ?

jez if im not mistaken you were supposed to be there, clearly remember your post about "the beer garden lol"

dont understand why so may people think there was a serious motive by peeps off this board, other than have a drink and put faces to names, yes the petition was there to be seen yes we discussed the board and members and laughed. but we also had a drink as was the real issue for being there, cant honestly say after a chat with carl, milly baz and a few other that an agender had been set by anyone and certainly not annis as he was probs the last one to turn up in the ninian

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Wish I had heard about his meeting. I would have saved a bomb by avoiding taking my daughters to the funfair. :lol:

baked thats unfare mate your doing the same, making this out to be something it was'nt, i rang you and told you we were avin a meet to put faces to names, you chose to take the girls to the fair instead (which i understand) but come on a secret meeting to discuss ulteria motives ppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 pm

what a good win!what a good bunch of boys! f**k the jacks we are going to beat everyone :ayatollah: fair play mcphail is the key :old:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 pm

i did no know until 12ish, i had no plans just popped in to put names to faces :ayatollah: :ayatollah: amd jezzzzz where were you :o :D

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:08 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:i did no know until 12ish, i had no plans just popped in to put names to faces :ayatollah: :ayatollah: amd jezzzzz where were you :o :D

Well if you had tx'd me i would have gone - :o but you didnt so look out im in a dom frame of mind tonight ;)

but after going to a party in Neath last night and getting in at 7 um a pub was the last thing on my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Jez wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i did no know until 12ish, i had no plans just popped in to put names to faces :ayatollah: :ayatollah: amd jezzzzz where were you :o :D

Well if you had tx'd me i would have gone - :o but you didnt so look out im in a dom frame of mind tonight ;)

but after going to a party in Neath last night and getting in at 7 um a pub was the last thing on my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

girls blouse :D