Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: GREAT TO SEE SO MANY TURN UP FOR MEETING

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:13 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Jez wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i did no know until 12ish, i had no plans just popped in to put names to faces :ayatollah: :ayatollah: amd jezzzzz where were you :o :D

Well if you had tx'd me i would have gone - :o but you didnt so look out im in a dom frame of mind tonight ;)

but after going to a party in Neath last night and getting in at 7 um a pub was the last thing on my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

girls blouse :D

Oh Mr Baz you wore that last time!!! please get some new gear you bore me as brenda ;)

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:21 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmboreing eh!!!! :D whats this i read about you being a screamer then :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmboreing eh!!!! :D whats this i read about you being a screamer then :lol: :lol:

Pillow biter ;)

I am so not a screamer just to correct you lol - defiant yes! :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Jez wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmboreing eh!!!! :D whats this i read about you being a screamer then :lol: :lol:

Pillow biter ;)

I am so not a screamer just to correct you lol - defiant yes! :lol:

reminds me of lemon popsicle or pokies "they call her lassie " lol

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Jez wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i did no know until 12ish, i had no plans just popped in to put names to faces :ayatollah: :ayatollah: amd jezzzzz where were you :o :D

Well if you had tx'd me i would have gone - :o but you didnt so look out im in a dom frame of mind tonight ;)

but after going to a party in Neath last night and getting in at 7 um a pub was the last thing on my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neath :o

And you didnt come to see me :cry:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Jez wrote:

Neath :o

And you didnt come to see me :cry:

Awwwwwwwwww well i couldn't tx u to say i was there aint got ya number ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My friends a bloobird and lives down their he travels to every game - fair do's to you all from that neck - its like a bloody day trip! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I only have to walk 5 mins! :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:37 pm

If my name was Ridsdale you would all have my bloody number :evil: :lol:

who is your mate Jez :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 am

Annis, by doing this you will be creating more division among our fanbase. Totally agree with Sludges sentiments on this, the trust and CCSC is all we need, we do not need another fans organisation.
If your not happy with the Trust, rejoin it and stand for election, it is a democratic organisation at the end of the day.
FFS we need unity not division!!!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 am

Bluebird4eva wrote:Annis, by doing this you will be creating more division among our fanbase. Totally agree with Sludges sentiments on this, the trust and CCSC is all we need, we do not need another fans organisation.
If your not happy with the Trust, rejoin it and stand for election, it is a democratic organisation at the end of the day.

Firstly I'm sorry for not making the meeting but fully support the aspirations for a new supporters group and I would join it. May be another meeting could be now arranged with more notice (pre-Jacks would be good)

The above argument which is often put forward (mainly by Sludge) has one big flaw. Having personally tried to influence TB opinion I found myself marginalised and directly attacked by several prominent members of the Trust Board and indeed I am effectively banned from the Trust because I spoke out against the TB pathetic stance against the march.

That gives you a serious insight to how difficult it is to break into the gentleman's club that is the TB and anyone who stood for election and had the slightest association with this board would be blackened as a football hooligan or worse.

In any case the Trust is a busted flush. The fact they have had to go running to the Supporters Club and the emergence of a possible second supporters group is enough to tell you they have lost all credibility amongst a significant part of the fan base.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebird4eva wrote:Annis, by doing this you will be creating more division among our fanbase. Totally agree with Sludges sentiments on this, the trust and CCSC is all we need, we do not need another fans organisation.

Firstly I'm sorry for not making the meeting but fully support the aspirations for a new supporters group and I would join it. May be another meeting could be now arranged with more notice (pre-Jacks would be good)

The above argument which is often put forward (mainly by Sludge) has one big flaw. Having personally tried to influence TB opinion I found myself marginalised and directly attacked by several prominent members of the Trust Board and indeed I am effectively banned from the Trust because I spoke out against the TB pathetic stance against the march.

That gives you a serious insight to how difficult it is to break into the gentleman's club that is the TB and anyone who stood for election and had the slightest association with this board would be blackened as a football hooligan or worse.

In any case the Trust is a busted flush. The fact they have had to go running to the Supporters Club and the emergence of a possible second supporters group is enough to tell you they have lost all credibility amongst a significant part of the fan base.

i WILL BE IN THE CORNER SLEEPING
:lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Wish I had heard about his meeting. I would have saved a bomb by avoiding taking my daughters to the funfair. :lol:

:lol:
I just put on this Forum on Sunday morning anyone fancy a chat and a drink in The Ninian, when we have a proper meeting, plenty of advance notice will be given :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:06 am

Tony

If you'd read my posts and others on here last night you you see it was certainly not just Sludge who feels this.

As I pointed out a great deal of effort went into setting up the trust and it is still a new fledging prganisation. whic needs nurtering rather than this nonsense.

I'm not sure what the flaw in Sludges argument is.

If there is this great groundswell building nup for a new organisation why not as I said encourage everyone to join the trust and vote in the committee you want?

And perhaps you should name names when you mention prominent members of the Trust board. Otherwise you tar them all with the same brush. I'm sure those you accuse would like to defend themselves and put their side of the argument. In their shoes I certainly would.

One other point. I cannot for the life of me see why the issuing of a joint statement with the supporters clubis a sign of weakness. After all the supporter club has been going for far longer and has more members. Made perfect sense to me.

Regards

Elwood.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 am

TBW

I don't think that this is a good idea at all - with my usual understatement. Take a step back and think who this benefits. Certainly not the fans.

Too much discussion about personalities points to precisely what is wrong and this new group just makes matters worse. There is a need for only one group and that already exists. That is where we should all direct our energy and/or money. A lot of effort has already gone into establishing the Trust and I would suggest that we all try to build on this rather than create yet more divisions.

UA

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sludge wrote:annis I totally respect your reasons for wanting to form another group , but in my opinion it would be better to have people voted onto the trust

if you do go forward with this then you must sure it has people who are voted on or off by its members, has a written set of rules etc or you will have people saying its a closed shop and also does not represent the fans , as has been said about the trust and supporters club

we have 1000 members and the supporters cllub over that and people have critisised us and said how can they say they speak for the fans when there are another 18000 people who are not members ?

thats what will be said about a new supporters group

I wish you well with this group should it be set up and if people prefer this group to the trust then thats how life works

regards

Sludge, I will def take your advice on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Trust is really about 200 Households and about 600 members, if you take off all those not renewing like myself and many many resigning as members , I know of over 50.

Annis - you know I am going to disagree with you strongly on this.

I don`t know where you are getting these figures from , but they are wrong - and by miles!And my source is the actual membership list.

The number of members is just over 950 , not 600. Of these , very few are family memberships (we were actually surprised at how few took up the family membership offer as it is cheaper) and there are probably over 700 different households , not the 200 you claim.

As for levels of members resigning from the Trust (of course anyone is entitled to do so if they wish)the actual figure is about 10 , not 50+.

I fully respect the right of anyone to disagree with me , or the Trust for that matter and also to form alternative groups if they wish to. Personally , I don`t think it benefits supporters to do so , but I will always support the right of people to make their own decisions on this as its a free country.

I do object though to any suggestion that the Trust is in any way some kind of "inner circle" or holds "secret" meetings with the club`s directors. It is simply not true - every board member is elected by the membership , there will be 4 board positions up for election next month and ANYONE who is a member of the Trust can stand for election.The votes are counted by non board members and the count is independently scrutinised by Leighton Andrews AM before the results of the vote are published , listing how many votes each candidate gets.I believe , as you know , that that is by far the fairest way of individual members having their say - vote off a board member if they feel they are not doing their job and elect someone else.

As for "secret" meetings -well they must be secret from me as well as I have never attended one nor do I know of any Trust board member that has. We make it quite clear to the club that any meetings we attend are on the basis that matters discussed will be published on our website and no-one attends on their own. Personally , I have only ever met Peter Ridsdale at the 2 Muni meetings , at the recent EGM and at a meeting attended by 3 of the Trust board 2 days before the Middlesbrough march (details on the website) - none of those could in any way be described as "secret" .

Keith

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 am

since62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sludge wrote:annis I totally respect your reasons for wanting to form another group , but in my opinion it would be better to have people voted onto the trust

if you do go forward with this then you must sure it has people who are voted on or off by its members, has a written set of rules etc or you will have people saying its a closed shop and also does not represent the fans , as has been said about the trust and supporters club

we have 1000 members and the supporters cllub over that and people have critisised us and said how can they say they speak for the fans when there are another 18000 people who are not members ?

thats what will be said about a new supporters group

I wish you well with this group should it be set up and if people prefer this group to the trust then thats how life works

regards

Sludge, I will def take your advice on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Trust is really about 200 Households and about 600 members, if you take off all those not renewing like myself and many many resigning as members , I know of over 50.

Annis - you know I am going to disagree with you strongly on this.

I don`t know where you are getting these figures from , but they are wrong - and by miles!And my source is the actual membership list.

The number of members is just over 950 , not 600. Of these , very few are family memberships (we were actually surprised at how few took up the family membership offer as it is cheaper) and there are probably over 700 different households , not the 200 you claim.

As for levels of members resigning from the Trust (of course anyone is entitled to do so if they wish)the actual figure is about 10 , not 50+.

I fully respect the right of anyone to disagree with me , or the Trust for that matter and also to form alternative groups if they wish to. Personally , I don`t think it benefits supporters to do so , but I will always support the right of people to make their own decisions on this as its a free country.

I do object though to any suggestion that the Trust is in any way some kind of "inner circle" or holds "secret" meetings with the club`s directors. It is simply not true - every board member is elected by the membership , there will be 4 board positions up for election next month and ANYONE who is a member of the Trust can stand for election.The votes are counted by non board members and the count is independently scrutinised by Leighton Andrews AM before the results of the vote are published , listing how many votes each candidate gets.I believe , as you know , that that is by far the fairest way of individual members having their say - vote off a board member if they feel they are not doing their job and elect someone else.

As for "secret" meetings -well they must be secret from me as well as I have never attended one nor do I know of any Trust board member that has. We make it quite clear to the club that any meetings we attend are on the basis that matters discussed will be published on our website and no-one attends on their own. Personally , I have only ever met Peter Ridsdale at the 2 Muni meetings , at the recent EGM and at a meeting attended by 3 of the Trust board 2 days before the Middlesbrough march (details on the website) - none of those could in any way be described as "secret" .

Keith

Keith I dont think the inner circle, secret meetings etc referenced were directed at the Trust but more a hark back to the old Sam Days.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 pm

nerd wrote:For those saying people here should instead try to get elected within the trust, I have a serious question.

Do you think anybody standing for election within the Trust who can be identified with this board would ever get elected, given the mass fingerpointing elsewhere on other boards relating to a thread about a certain person who shouldn't be named?

if they have the majority behind them then the answer is yes, if they do not have the maojrity behind them then the answer is no.

it would be good to see some people off here put themselves forward just to see if the majority or minority actually support the ideas being generated.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 pm

:ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:24 pm

rob wrote:
dannyblue wrote:It seems that people with huge egos will resort to anything to bring down the trust. The club needs a strong trust and not another talking shop with its own agenda. Ridsdale was and is on borrowed time with or without Marches, Demo,s, Scarfes and T.shirts.

so are you saying these had no affect at all?

are you saying they did?

I think the underlying reasons PR is on borrowed time is due to the mismanagement of the club and his failure to learn from past mistakes, pissing off existing shareholders and lying to fans and the general public alike.

i doubt whether any of what you mentioned has had any real affect but the truth of the matter is we will never know whether it did or did not.

what it has shown is that we do have fans in this club that care abouts its survival and are pasionate about it going forward in the right direction.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:44 pm

Feedback wrote:what it has shown is that we do have fans in this club that care abouts its survival and are pasionate about it going forward in the right direction.

Hence why the march, flag demo, t-shirts and scarves have been worth doing.