Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:12 pm

To some degree, I agree with you.

To me though it's a case of what to do.

I wasn't in favour of the march, nor am I of the scarves. If anything I feel the march could have been counter-productive, fortunatly it only appears to have been an irrelevance.

One clear negative has been the in-fighting it has caused amongst certain high profile supporters. Sadly I feel this will have ramifications for the future, particularly amongst the CCST which, I feel, should become the accepted and respected voice of supporters.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:15 pm

Claude Blue wrote:To some degree, I agree with you.

To me though it's a case of what to do.

I wasn't in favour of the march, nor am I of the scarves. If anything I feel the march could have been counter-productive, fortunatly it only appears to have been an irrelevance.

One clear negative has been the in-fighting it has caused amongst certain high profile supporters. Sadly I feel this will have ramifications for the future, particularly amongst the CCST which, I feel, should become the accepted and respected voice of supporters.

So what are you in favour ?

Are you related to TLG ? just a quick question, your sounding like him :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:24 pm

I think ther march was fine , enjoyed it

dont agree with some stuff , agree with other things

thats life

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Nah, got more hair than him!!

Used to stand near him on the Bob Bank many years ago in the dark days of the dungeon!! Mind you, with the crowds we had then we all stood pretty close to each other!

Personally, I was happy with the statements put out by CCST. In hindsight, the statements and the march achieved exactly the same i.e nothing.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:40 pm

The March was an irrelevance?? I don't thinks it was. You could see the march clearly got to Ridsdale with his statement about Annis on the official site, not only personally attacking Annis, but trying to accuse any other fan of marching of being detrimental to the club. The march got media coverage and that will annoy Ridsdale as he is not a man who likes being embarrassed, and the attention drawn to him, on a national level will have done just that.

Have you heard much from Ridsdale since then. No. Normally you hear "new stadium, FA Cup final, best squad ever, highest league position in so many years". Since the march we've heard nothing. It has been bandied around that Ridsdale may soon lose his job at the club and he has not once come out to fight his corner. Possibly for fear of fan backlash and a march on a bigger scale, or maybe he has resigned himself that it's no hope and his time is up. Certainly, from what we're hearing about his behaviour with TG tells us he's desperate to keep his job, so why not through the media - a channel he has used so many times before??

And with the trust statements you were happy with. Attacking the man who has ploughed his own money in to the club to save it. Of course, he wasn't doing it for the love of the club, but to save his own investment long term and earn extra money from developing land etc. But he still saved the club!! So, with that in mind, do you think attacking Paul Guy was the wisest option. What if he pulled the plug and thought "f**k it, I've got a protected debt, bollocks to the club" and let us go down the pan??

How is it that a few men over a few phonecalls, PM's and posts (Annis, Paul (The Rhooster), Gwyn etc...) can, at short notice, organise a march with over 2000 attendees which gained widespread media coverage, and plaudits for all those involved - and the trust, an official organisation, produce an ill-timed statement that offers no action. Maybe thats why people have been behind the ideas of the people who conjoured up the Riverside FC scarfs, Malaysian flags and not behind a "talk the talk, but not walk the walk" trust. Because people take notice!!

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Far, far from it.

My concerns are around the effectiveness, or not, of the march, scarves, etc.

To me they were/are pointless and I've not read anything on here to change my mind.

It's not about being pro or anti Ridsdale. It certainly isn't about certain fans ego's.

It's about the future of Cardiff City Football Club.

the march was not about fans ego it was to show are disgust at the lies and the running
of our club
we who marched got the media involved that was splashed all over the papers and tv a poxy leter never
they may be pointless in your eyes but not in my or anybody who went on that march we brought to the att
of the media and the investers how passionate we are for are club
and why are you concerned if you say they are pointless?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:08 pm

I note that you're content with the actions of Paul Guy, and feel that he has no responsibility for the clubs present predicament. Time will tell on that but in my view he has an awful lot to answer for. He has financially gained massively from both CCFC and CCC and we are told that monies from the Premier Club go direct to him. Rumour has it that he is also due to receive all future transfer monies to service the debt to him. So, having made millions he is ensuring that monies owed to him take priority over other debts, yet alone team strengthening or, God forbid, HMRC!! I could go on, but perhaps you get the picture.

In my opinion we are hearing little from Ridsdale due to the sensitive, and hopefully advanced, investment talks. You clearly think it's because of the march, and I presume you are in contact with TG when you state that Ridsdale is desperate to keep his job?

The "few men" you refer to do seem able to attract a large following, and clearly had the funds to place adverts for the march in the local media. Sorry, but what does that prove? You state that these actions made people "take notice." Who took notice, and of what exactly?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Paul Guy has ploughed millions of his own money into the club. He has covered shortfalls of wages and of other debts in the past and the HMRC you say, who do you think paid the first 1.2m of that?? Whilst I would obviously like to see incoming funds used to strenghten the squad (I leave the Golden ticket fiasco alone), it is understandable that, as a businessman, Guy would want a return on his investment. Just as, I'm sure, the Malaysians would should the deal come to fruition. I don't begrudge Guy any money as he, along with the hard work of Borley, have kept the club alive.

You see a lot of teams aquiring loans against future income. If, as you say say is rumoured, it is true that PMG will take future transfer incomes, it doesn't surprise me, as that is common practice amongst football clubs. West Ham for instance, have a loan secured against the next two years season ticket sales. The club has already taken his money, so why isn't he entitled to recieve it back?? If I loaned £100 from you, wouldn't you expect it back??

Yes, the people who organised the march had funds to place adverts in local press. I beleive the trust also has a fund in which they could dip. And who took notice?? Other fans of the club, previously unaware of the predicament did. The press did, both locally and nationally - they even showed it on the BBC's Football League show. It showed that we are dismayed at the way our club is run. Will it make a massive difference, probably not, but it has got people to pay attention. Other than the Echo and people using messageboards, who took notice of the trusts statement??

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:41 pm

I will await accounts before accepting that Guy has poured millions of his own money into the club. The only indisputable fact is that he, and Mike Hall, have made millions out of both CCFC and CCC. You may regard him as some philanthropic businessman devoted to CCFC, I do not. Only future accounts will decide that one.

I can't imagine many, if any, of our fans weren't aware of our clubs financial predicament prior to the march!! Local media focussed on both the march and CCST statement. The march being shown for a few seconds on the Football League Show was nice but, as I keep asking, what did it achieve? Our fans are aware of our financial problems, as are fans of other clubs.

Has it influenced Ridsdale or the Board? Has it helped to bring inward investment?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Just to let you know I believe Claude Blue works for the Club and is trying his best to once again belittle the March, Actually I will be ignoring All his posts.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:45 pm

claude are you sure you are no related to DS ? :lol: :lol: more hair or not you certainly know your stuff ;)

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 pm

I have not said once that Paul Guy is devoted to the club. As far as I'm aware he is devoted to making money. And as for not accepting that he has poured his money into the club? Who kept the club afloat when Sam left? The Accounts are there to see. Who made up the stadium shortfall (to the tune of what I believe to be 9m).

Let me ask you a question then, how many more people do you think noticed the CCST statement that didn't notice the march?? Now flip that. How many people missed the trust statement in the Echo, but noticed there was a march?? You can belittle the fact that it was shown on the BBC for as you say a few seconds. How long did the trust statement get aired??

Has the march influenced Ridsdale. The very fact he published a statement on the CCFC official website would have me believe it has. I do not know what it has achieved at board level, other than Guy watching Ridsdale's running of the club a tad closer than previous. I do know that the march left 2000 people, nay, 2000 Cardiff City supporters very happy to have vented their frustration at the running of the club. Can the same sentiment be echoed for the trust statement??

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Question was answered - I preferred the Trusts approach, but in hindsight both were irrelevant.

No, I don't work for the club, just a supporter.

I thought Gareth Davies was connected to CRFC?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:58 pm

the trust approach was to back the riddler :lol:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Question was answered - I preferred the Trusts approach, but in hindsight both were irrelevant.

No, I don't work for the club, just a supporter.

I thought Gareth Davies was connected to CRFC?

Again, how can something, the march, be irrelevant if the chairman decided to comment on it?? As far as I'm aware, the trust statement has not been commented on at board level.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 am

I didn't realise you were on the board!!

How do you know that the Trust statement wasn't commented on by the Board?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:51 am

Morning Gareth Davies(Claude Blue) Riddlers No 2, what have you decided to ask us all today ?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Any chance of an answer to the first question?

Ok, an easy one for you.

Who's Gareth Davies?

And secondly, how much profit are you making on the scarves? :lol:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Any chance of an answer to the first question?

Ok, an easy one for you.

Who's Gareth Davies?

And secondly, how much profit are you making on the scarves? :lol:

You tell us who Gareth Davies is.

Profit? Who is selling them, Einstein?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm supposedly him, but have no idea who he is!!

Could be the ex CRFC and Wales rugby player I suppose!

No idea who's selling them nor, more pertinantly, who's supplying them.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I'm supposedly him, but have no idea who he is!!

Could be the ex CRFC and Wales rugby player I suppose!

No idea who's selling them nor, more pertinantly, who's supplying them.

Well, if you are the new media guy, you might want to learn to spell "pertinently".

If you've no idea who is selling or supplying the scarves, why are you asking how much profit people on this board are making from them? To ask such a question would intimate that you believe people from this board are making or supplying them; yet you then claim ignorance when questioned.

So what precisely is your motivation for posting here?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Are questions not allowed?

And apologies for the spelling mistake, Iassumed it was acceptable on this board!!

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Over 350 for the DEMO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Over 2,400 at the MARCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Over 2,000 for an ONLINE PETITION. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Over 450 RIVERSIDE SCARFS Sold in One Day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Over 60 Malaysian Flags :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Over 100 Riddler T'Shirts Sold. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NEWS OF THE WORLD EXSPOSURE/SKY/FOOTBALL LEAGUE/ITV/BBC Wales and Radio stations and ALL LOCAL PAPERS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
WE ARE GETTING STRONGER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

only one thing wrong the fat yorkshire pudding is still there

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Are questions not allowed?

And apologies for the spelling mistake, Iassumed it was acceptable on this board!!

Go back and look at your "question". Go back and look at the nice smiley you attached to sad question.

So why did you ask how much profit "YOU" were making when you now freely admit you've no idea who is supplying or selling any of the scarves etc?

Are you thus prepared you tried to make a point through a loaded question only to be slightly embarrassed by the fact you'd no idea what you were talking about?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Well done, you spotted the loaded question!!

Am I getting near the truth perhaps?

P.S. Did you mean "sad" or "said"?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:46 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Well done, you spotted the loaded question!!

Am I getting near the truth perhaps?

P.S. Did you mean "sad" or "said"?

No, you're getting nowhere near the truth.

You're clumsily attempting to intimate that all the action ( scarves etc ) is really aimed at making people profit than protesting. You lack the testicular fortitude to actually make such a comment and name names.

P.S. I meant sad. I suspect you know that all too well.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Good, that's cleared that up then.

Right, off to the match - enjoy.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Good, that's cleared that up then.

Right, off to the match - enjoy.

Claude, I mean Gareth Davies Sorry, you meeting me in The Ninian Park Pub, like you said, between 6.30p -7.15pm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: