Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Riverside scarves at today's match

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I was sitting in the granstand today, after the second goal went in, hundeds of Riverside scarves were held up in the Canton stand and Bob Bank for the songs "And its Cardiff City... etc" and "you'll never take my Cardiff away". It looked really impressive from our side of the ground. Lets hope it gets bigger and better over the coming matches. Keep up the good work guys :ayatollah:

Re: Riverside scarves at today's match

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:23 pm

had a great visual effect, lets hope more fans get them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm

I "twirled" mine after each goal, I looked around and there were only one or two doing it, more should to make them stand out

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:28 pm

There were loads doing it after the 2nd goal, looked great! really impressive. It reminded me of the early 80s when the Bob Bank used to sing you'll never walk alone (honestly :oops: they did)

Real hope the Riverside scarves catch on even more and the scarf waving grows even bigger, would be a great way to step up the atmosphere :ayatollah:
Last edited by Hiya mate! Alright? on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Thomas Fish. wrote:I "twirled" mine after each goal, I looked around and there were only one or two doing it, more should to make them stand out

where do you sit thomas?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:I was sitting in the granstand today, after the second goal went in, hundeds of Riverside scarves were held up in the Canton stand and Bob Bank for the songs "And its Cardiff City... etc" and "you'll never take my Cardiff away". It looked really impressive from our side of the ground. Lets hope it gets bigger and better over the coming matches. Keep up the good work guys :ayatollah:

It was impressive and they stood out more than I actually expected :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:49 pm

stood out!!! it looked like a huge swarm of bumbles :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 pm

rob wrote:
Thomas Fish. wrote:I "twirled" mine after each goal, I looked around and there were only one or two doing it, more should to make them stand out

where do you sit thomas?

117 front row, a prime position to attack tate :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:56 pm

embarrassing

so where are the proceeds of these scarfs going to ?

someone making a quick buck or to charity ?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:13 pm

langley wrote:embarrassing

so where are the proceeds of these scarfs going to ?

someone making a quick buck or to charity ?

im spartacus ;)

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Thomas Fish. wrote:
rob wrote:

where do you sit thomas?

117 front row, a prime position to attack tate :lol:

i saw you mate, im 117 row x, i spotted you waving your scarf.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:21 pm

why do some people always think its about making money, cant it just be about fans showing support for the club they love :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 pm

The scarves had a real affect today, i had loads of people asking what the scarves were about and where to get them. I think it will grow in the next few games :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 pm

ackers1927 wrote:The scarves had a real affect today, i had loads of people asking what the scarves were about and where to get them. I think it will grow in the next few games :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think they will catch on very fast :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:08 pm

I had mine on in the Kings in Canton after the match, I'm sure this group of fellas thought i was Watford , kept givin me dodgy looks :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:10 pm

rob wrote:i saw you mate, im 117 row x, i spotted you waving your scarf.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm

i saw you mate, im 117 row x, i spotted you waving your scarf.[/quote]

You sit in the same row as me then mate :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 am

there were a few wankers about though as usual. usual coments aimed at people like my bro and his mates, in the canton cross after the game and at half time. your too young to know whats going on bla bla bla, back in the 70's this and that bla bla bla. bore off if you dont like it, dont f*cking buy one SIMPLES :old:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 am

you got to laugh at some fans, anything you do to make a statement you get slated for, at least you boys are making a statement rather than moaning on an internet messageboard doing f**k ALL

WELL DONE BOYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:13 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:you got to laugh at some fans, anything you do to make a statement you get slated for, at least you boys are making a statement rather than moaning on an internet messageboard doing f**k ALL

WELL DONE BOYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

lets just say we WON the argument due to certain people around, who are not afraid to voice there opinion 8-)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:19 am

I forgot to say yesterday, some knobhead had a pop at me in the stadium before the game about the scarf when I was getting my daughter a hotdog. f*cking arsehole, I had my two year old in my arms and he's spouting off.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 am

Mr Davies wrote:I forgot to say yesterday, some knobhead had a pop at me in the stadium before the game about the scarf when I was getting my daughter a hotdog. f*cking arsehole, I had my two year old in my arms and he's spouting off.

some right w*nkers about yestuday. had no end of people asking what the scarfs were for, no problem with that.
but the people piping up, no time for them, but there were enough of them to :twisted: