Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Can someone tell me why Jay gets so much support..?

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:37 pm

he had bad game today but we will find out
when he gets a ban how much the team will
miss him (9 yellows) 1 more booking away
from a 2 game ban :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 pm

he's a f*cking pansy end of!

captain my arse, he is supposed to lead by example.

Davey Jones has fucked up big-time giving him the armband. Ive thought about it and apart from motivation there are no other reason's why he should captain our side. He pissed me right off today reminded me of a f*cking fairy!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 am

jay is our most important player and arguably our most talented

he wins loads in the air, he links up play brilliantly from the midfield and he does a lot of the hard yards for a team whose plan a is just to lump it around his area

he goes the ground way too much but if we lose him then this side goes nowhere

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 am

One of the best players we've had since i've been a fan

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 am

Dudders wrote:One of the best players we've had since i've been a fan

Im not denying his quality fella, but do you think he's captain material? I certainly dont. But thats my humble opinion.

I think i remember you from somewhere, were you at swindon pre-season?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 am

8 years now and I honestly think he's one of the best. We fall to bits without him.

Yep I went to Swindon :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:21 am

Hmmmn i remember you, well somebody called dudders or similar lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 am

Bothroyd is our most important player which is why he's had to play through, tendonitus in the knee, ankle ligament damage and a couple of viruses. Just because he's laid back doesn't mean he doesn't care.

If he didn't go to ground so much or had a better work ethic do you really think he'd be playing for us :lol: :roll: He's got everything it's just we could argue that he could do more.

The thought of taking on the Jacks without him (and they fear him more than any other of our players) fills me with dread. I just hope he gets a silly booking against Sheffield on Wednesday so that he misses the Palace and Leicester games instead.

Peter Thorne was one of my all-time favourites but he could only dream about some of the skills Jay has and they scored similar amounts of goals each season but Jay is playing at a higher level.

I don't feel quite so strongly about him being captain, but there aren't a lot of obvious candidates at the moment.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 am

Jay is class, like others have said see how we play without him.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 am

Jay is a quality, quality player, I don't think there's any denying that.

The problem with Jay is his attitude. Thats why he'll miss out on a move to the Premier League. It's because he doesn't try hard enough, and when things aren't going his why, he mopes and moans and whinges and all his skill and whatever he can bring to the team goes out the window and he may as well not be playing.

I don't know wether to hug him or put the head on him!!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:38 am

Mr Davies wrote:Jay is a quality, quality player, I don't think there's any denying that.

The problem with Jay is his attitude. Thats why he'll miss out on a move to the Premier League. It's because he doesn't try hard enough, and when things aren't going his why, he mopes and moans and whinges and all his skill and whatever he can bring to the team goes out the window and he may as well not be playing.

I don't know wether to hug him or put the head on him!!

You are spot on but without those weaknesses he would not be playing for us :lol: In fact, if he didn't have an attitude problem then Wenger probably wouldn'y have let hinm go all those years ago. At his best is he really far off being as good as Bentner :?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

Those of you making off the cuff, general comments in the vein of "Jay is not that good or crucial to us" evidently weren't at Barnsley last year.

We had McCormack and Chopra up front together and, though they ran and ran and ran and ran, nothing was created. Then we brought on Feeney and the bad just got worse.

I hate him, he dives far too much, plays on the wing too often and loses out in aerial challenges far too much for the player he's supposed to be - but it's undeniable that he's crucial to our team because on past evidence we can't play without him.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

do you think he could "accidently" get a booking on Wednesday? To keep him out of those 2 games? Back for the Jacks, gives him a bit of time off as well to get over the virus he has.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:16 pm

I think he is quality, yes he does fall over to much and moans a bit much but his general play is very good.
Hard to compare him to Thorne (who I loved) as to me they are nothing alike at all.

First name on the teamsheet for me.
Although I would have made McPhail captain

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:17 pm

thegoon wrote:do you think he could "accidently" get a booking on Wednesday? To keep him out of those 2 games? Back for the Jacks, gives him a bit of time off as well to get over the virus he has.

There'll be no accident about it, him and Morgs will be interesting to say the least.