Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We're all Cardiff City fans remember

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am

:ayatollah:

There's been too much arguing, bickering and animosity between certain fans, and certain groups recently so much so that's it's getting embarrassing. We're all Cardiff City fans, and we need to stick together.
We shouldn't have this infighting between groups of fans, there's even arguments and rivalries between messageboards, how petty is that? We're doing ourselves no favours really.

We're embarking on what could be a pretty exciting time to be a Cardiff fan, playoffs are looking likely and hopefully we're reaching a point where we have found a resolution to our off the field and financial problems.

With potentially a new board of directors, it could be a great time to really promote and support the supporters trust in order to build a strong organisation who can work with the football club.

There are still less that a thousand members, and many critics but surely now is a great time to put any petty rivalries aside and try and work together?

All another supporters group will do in my opinion is alienate certain fans, and create an even bigger divide amongst fans. We don't want this do we?
There's already a divide between two messageboards, that's silly enough - never mind competing supporters groups. I understand your points, and reasoning behind making one but please consider working with the trust, and perhaps those who are considering setting up the new supporters group stand for election to the trust.
At least we can have a varied board, with many opinions covering a large cross section of fans. There are problems with the trust as it is, but now is a great time to build on the foundations that are already in place and bring some fresh blood into the supporters trust.

I don't want to see anymore rivalries and public arguments between fans, there's no need.

We're all City fans, we're in the playoffs, and you never know we could be playing in the premiership next season with Tg and VT on board! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We're all Cardiff City fans remember

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:31 am

Fully agree. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 am

best post iv seen in months,trouble is some people have ego's to fill cant see what another supporteres trust or whatever it is will achieve to be honest.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:55 am

beaky wrote:best post iv seen in months,trouble is some people have ego's to fill cant see what another supporteres trust or whatever it is will achieve to be honest.

thats your opinion but no need for the personal digs about ego's, if and thats if a supporters association is set up then its for the football club and its fans and nothing to do with ego's.

Some people go on about divides amongst fans being built then take personal snipes.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:17 am

It's good to see that people who are concerned about the running of the club have the drive and desire to actually do something about it, though there is a danger of our support morphing into a 'Life of Brian' scenario, with Popular Fronts, People Fronts etc.. Splitter !

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 am

How strange that the very people who are worried about divides cannot wait to do the sniping. If you think a new supporters group is not for you then fine, dont join, its your choice.
There are however others that believe that this could be a positive move and if it attracts new members to take a greater interest in ccfc then it can only be good.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:36 am

ridofrid wrote:How strange that the very people who are worried about divides cannot wait to do the sniping. If you think a new supporters group is not for you then fine, dont join, its your choice.
There are however others that believe that this could be a positive move and if it attracts new members to take a greater interest in ccfc then it can only be good.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 am

please,whatever happens now or in the future,people must be allowed to decide and post what they like without fear of being gunned down,this was the reason i stopped posting on ccmb,people only happy when have a dig if someones opinion not the same as theirs,read what people have to say and enjoy what opinions people have,cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 am

krab wrote:please,whatever happens now or in the future,people must be allowed to decide and post what they like without fear of being gunned down,this was the reason i stopped posting on ccmb,people only happy when have a dig if someones opinion not the same as theirs,read what people have to say and enjoy what opinions people have,cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm

The Rhooster wrote:
beaky wrote:best post iv seen in months,trouble is some people have ego's to fill cant see what another supporteres trust or whatever it is will achieve to be honest.

thats your opinion but no need for the personal digs about ego's, if and thats if a supporters association is set up then its for the football club and its fans and nothing to do with ego's.

Some people go on about divides amongst fans being built then take personal snipes.

not getting personal its just my opinion and what i thinck what will another supporters group achieve.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm

beaky wrote:
The Rhooster wrote:

not getting personal its just my opinion and what i thinck what will another supporters group achieve.

" egos"

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:16 pm

fair enough got me there,but what will another supporters group achieve honestly i cant see the logic.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Cant see it taking off myself.but good luck tho :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:28 pm

ridofrid wrote:How strange that the very people who are worried about divides cannot wait to do the sniping. If you think a new supporters group is not for you then fine, dont join, its your choice.

Personally I think it will make the divide larger.

I can't see why, with the Trust already in place people off here, many of whom are already members cant just stand for the board ?

I'll tell you a couple of things which may help.

1. Setting up, organising and running a Supporters Trust properly is NOT as easy as you'd think, and if you are to do it legally and correctly then its a real pain in the ass.

2. PR will use any divide to his advantage, its not just members of the Trust who've been mugged. Many of his biggest critics right now have been taken in by his spin. I for one would admit that for the first year or 2 I thought he was good for the club.

Something else you might want to consider is that TLG is no longer on the Trust board, and it seems that it was his comments that have wound most of the people who are attacking the Trust up. Do you KNOW any of the other board members.

For example do you KNOW that Since 62 (Keith) is on the board, and IMHO he's the most knowledgable guy I've met out of our fans on football finance, and I'm pretty happy we've got him on board. The people left running the Trust now, need some help, and not the sort of stick they have received over the last few days.

This is not a dig at anyone. if enough people think another supporters group/trust is worthwhile and can pull the money together to get it going then good luck to you. Its just personally I think we are better off working together.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:44 pm

CF11 wrote::ayatollah:

There's been too much arguing, bickering and animosity between certain fans, and certain groups recently so much so that's it's getting embarrassing. We're all Cardiff City fans, and we need to stick together.
We shouldn't have this infighting between groups of fans, there's even arguments and rivalries between messageboards, how petty is that? We're doing ourselves no favours really.

We're embarking on what could be a pretty exciting time to be a Cardiff fan, playoffs are looking likely and hopefully we're reaching a point where we have found a resolution to our off the field and financial problems.

With potentially a new board of directors, it could be a great time to really promote and support the supporters trust in order to build a strong organisation who can work with the football club.

There are still less that a thousand members, and many critics but surely now is a great time to put any petty rivalries aside and try and work together?

All another supporters group will do in my opinion is alienate certain fans, and create an even bigger divide amongst fans. We don't want this do we?
There's already a divide between two messageboards, that's silly enough - never mind competing supporters groups. I understand your points, and reasoning behind making one but please consider working with the trust, and perhaps those who are considering setting up the new supporters group stand for election to the trust.
At least we can have a varied board, with many opinions covering a large cross section of fans. There are problems with the trust as it is, but now is a great time to build on the foundations that are already in place and bring some fresh blood into the supporters trust.

I don't want to see anymore rivalries and public arguments between fans, there's no need.

We're all City fans, we're in the playoffs, and you never know we could be playing in the premiership next season with Tg and VT on board! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's your opinion mate and you’re perfectly entitled to it but why are you presuming the new group is looking to replace the SC/Trust? I’m of the opinion the new organisation is more likely to fill a gap in the market

For all the great work of the SC/ST they will never be in a position to take direct actions or do anything organisational in mobilising fans to 'do something' practical.

That 'something' doesn't just have to be just protests against the Chairman (although we can when we have to). For example the new group could be heavily involved in promoting a better atmosphere at the new stadium.

In the little time this board has existed it has proved to have brilliantly creative people like Rhooster who came up with the Ridsdale £10 note & the gold and yellow scarfs.

This could easily be extended to coming up with themes for home games, words for new songs (even old ones like MOH sung with the words) and banter with the away fans.

Most of the users of this board will never be politically minded enough to serve on the TB so why not let them do what they do best within their own organisation?

It makes perfect sense to me and the new organisation would therefore ADD something to the Cardiff City fan base, not divide it.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

That's your opinion mate and you’re perfectly entitled to it but why are you presuming the new group is looking to replace the SC/Trust? I’m of the opinion the new organisation is more likely to fill a gap in the market

For all the great work of the SC/ST they will never be in a position to take direct actions or do anything organisational in mobilising fans to 'do something' practical.

That 'something' doesn't just have to be just protests against the Chairman (although we can when we have to). For example the new group could be heavily involved in promoting a better atmosphere at the new stadium.

In the little time this board has existed it has proved to have brilliantly creative people like Rhooster who came up with the Ridsdale £10 note & the gold and yellow scarfs.

This could easily be extended to coming up with themes for home games, words for new songs (even old ones like MOH sung with the words) and banter with the away fans.

Most of the users of this board will never be politically minded enough to serve on the TB so why not let them do what they do best within their own organisation?

It makes perfect sense to me and the new organisation would therefore ADD something to the Cardiff City fan base, not divide it.

Thats a valid and interesting point Tony.

The different organisations do need to communicate and work together and my fear, which after recent weeks is a pretty fair one, is that they wont, and I think that also goes for the Trust and CCSC.

I'll be watching with interest, and chipping my 5p worth, as it goes along. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 pm

The Rhooster wrote:

Rhooster

I think you'll have a problem convincing many it isn't. about ego's.

Elwood

Regards

Elwood

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Very well said, most of us aren't politically minded or probably don't have the time to put that much effort in, I admire the amount of work that the CCSC an CCST put in and take my hat off to both groups. I don't know the inner workings of our club, i'm not financially minded or business minded I just love following the Bluebirds and if buying a yellow scarf or singing on top of my voice or anything else that can be done practically is required of me then i'll be there. These are exciting times and hopefully theres a light at the end of the tunnel. I think TG would've been impressed with the atmosphere at times yesterday I just wish we could get the same feeling for longer periods of games and more often.. I miss the days when the grandstand at Ninian Park was bouncing or the Grange end was roaring and seeing the Bob Bank do the Ayatollah in unison.. This is what we need at out club, proud fans roaring together for the love of this great club.. Bring on Sheffield happy days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:Very well said, most of us aren't politically minded or probably don't have the time to put that much effort in, I admire the amount of work that the CCSC an CCST put in and take my hat off to both groups. I don't know the inner workings of our club, i'm not financially minded or business minded I just love following the Bluebirds and if buying a yellow scarf or singing on top of my voice or anything else that can be done practically is required of me then i'll be there. These are exciting times and hopefully theres a light at the end of the tunnel. I think TG would've been impressed with the atmosphere at times yesterday I just wish we could get the same feeling for longer periods of games and more often.. I miss the days when the grandstand at Ninian Park was bouncing or the Grange end was roaring and seeing the Bob Bank do the Ayatollah in unison.. This is what we need at out club, proud fans roaring together for the love of this great club.. Bring on Sheffield happy days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:06 pm

What do we think? :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:08 pm

I respect your Opinion CF11, lets see if many decide to join up. That will answer it all.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Personally I think it will make the divide larger.

I can't see why, with the Trust already in place people off here, many of whom are already members cant just stand for the board ?

I'll tell you a couple of things which may help.

1. Setting up, organising and running a Supporters Trust properly is NOT as easy as you'd think, and if you are to do it legally and correctly then its a real pain in the ass.

2. PR will use any divide to his advantage, its not just members of the Trust who've been mugged. Many of his biggest critics right now have been taken in by his spin. I for one would admit that for the first year or 2 I thought he was good for the club.

Something else you might want to consider is that TLG is no longer on the Trust board, and it seems that it was his comments that have wound most of the people who are attacking the Trust up. Do you KNOW any of the other board members.

For example do you KNOW that Since 62 (Keith) is on the board, and IMHO he's the most knowledgable guy I've met out of our fans on football finance, and I'm pretty happy we've got him on board. The people left running the Trust now, need some help, and not the sort of stick they have received over the last few days.

This is not a dig at anyone. if enough people think another supporters group/trust is worthwhile and can pull the money together to get it going then good luck to you. Its just personally I think we are better off working together.

How right you are