A forum for all things Cardiff City

Back to the football

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm

I enjoyed a good game yesterday. I thought we rode our luck int he first half and totally dominated the second. Chris Bruke has to be my player of the year. Non stop effort every time (usually) and always wants to get forward. his goal was a great example of effort yesterday even if Watford shyed out of every tackle on him!

Nice to see Feeney get a run out, and proves we do have options on the bench if only Jones can get past his own pig headedness. Darcy Blake looked like he had a bit of confidence about him yesterday too which is great for the future and McPhail on form is superb, but when off the pace he is so bloody frustrating. He had a good game yesterday and keeps the ball moving but we still need a wardog in the middle, a proper hard man who can win posession and intimidate the opposition and back up our younger players.

Downsides, I couldn't get my Malaysian flag in time. Our defence doesn't look at all organised and they need to be more vocal with each other.

I just hope that the Malaysians have a root and branch clearout of the club from the boardroom to the kit room. Other than that we're looking like our confidence is back, last two games will be psycholigically massive and if we can at least get a point on Wednesday dare I say it we are nailed on for the play offs. Look what happened last time we finished the season in 6th :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Back to the football

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:13 pm

the key is confidence and we are shoing that by battling and we are having a bit of luck too given we have such a depleated squad.

The next 2 games are vital 6 points and we are there in the playoffs, and im confident we'll do it this year. :ayatollah:

Re: Back to the football

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm

Love to know what Jones said at half-time :lol: For once he seems to have got it right because we got over that pre-half time wobble during the second half.

I still worry about the McPhail/Rae partnership and they went completely missing (like they have so many time in the past) during that period just before the break

On the positive side McCormack, Burke, Whittingham, Gyepes, Blake and Bothroyd were all good to brilliant.