Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jay Bothroyd - a conundrum

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm

So, Jay is now on 9 bookings and one more will see him get a 2 match ban.

Should he therefore:-

1. Get booked on Wednesday towards the end of the game for something like dissent thus missing Palace and Leicester but free to play against Swansea?
2.Play like even more of a fairy against Palace and Leicester in the hope that he doesn't pick up a booking in either of those games as if he did he would miss the Swansea game.

We know how vital he would be to us against Swansea and we could really struggle without him. I suppose we would probably play Etuhu ( if he actually still exists!) in Jay's place should he be banned as we did at WBA away when to be fair to him the elusive Etuhu played very well.

As all the matches (except Palace ) are against play off rivals I think we have to try to avoid him getting booked if possible.

And did I see that Claude Davis will miss the game with us on Saturday because of a 3 match ban? Serves the thug right although I would like to have seen him Mr Gerrard have a word with him.

Re: Jay Bothroyd - a conundrum

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:04 pm

The worse secenario is to lose Jay after the Palace game.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

I say go out next game - but do it as late as possible in the game - im sure he can have a hissy fit and be good at it lol

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 pm

I agree with Jez, we need him there for the Jack game.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 pm

Play his normal game and whatever will be, will be.

Who's to say a different style of play won't confuse the Jacks. Their centre back pairing have most aerial attacks sorted anyway

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Wayne S wrote:Play his normal game and whatever will be, will be.

Who's to say a different style of play won't confuse the Jacks. Their centre back pairing have most aerial attacks sorted anyway

I agree with this. Do what we gotta do - and Jay play as normal....

The Jacks are gonna flood the midfield against us again with 5 probably - so wouldn't hurt Jones to counter act that issue with 5 of our own. And play a loan striker with McCormack the link up plyer from midfield?

I wouldn't want Jay to purposely get booked and miss any of the games to be honest! He is as important to us for Palace, and Leicester as he is against Swansea - 3pts is 3pts.... no matter who its against.