Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I thought Bridgend was a Cardiff area!!!!!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:08 pm

yesterday i seen tesco in bridgend advertising that if you spend £30 in their store, u can get a ticket to watch the jacks for a tenner! And there's a big swansea badge outside!! Why are our club so crap at marketing, swampsea are far more active than us, and if we're not careful we will see more and more jacks popping up in these towns due to our inept marketing!!!

Re: I thought Bridgend was a Cardiff area!!!!!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:13 pm

its always had a swansea support

I see swansea shirts and tops around the town from time to time

they are in the minority , but they are about

you will find a lot of people in their forties form this group as they were kids when toshack and the jacks were in the first division

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 pm

There are a few jacks around that have only come out and said they were swansea fans when they were top of league 1. before that they were never heard off around here.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Humble

Totally agree with your criticism of the clubs marketing department.

They need to exploit every opportunity in the commercial world.

Trouble is they have seen the methods used by the riddler in obtaining 10,000 season ticket sales and he didnt have to leave his office or toilet !!!!

The fact it was based on lies didnt bother him!!!!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:32 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:yesterday i seen tesco in bridgend advertising that if you spend £30 in their store, u can get a ticket to watch the jacks for a tenner! And there's a big swansea badge outside!! Why are our club so crap at marketing, swampsea are far more active than us, and if we're not careful we will see more and more jacks popping up in these towns due to our inept marketing!!!

i took my 3 year old boy to the park the other day in bridgend and he was wearing his cardiff top, there were 2 young lads there wearing jack tops so i gave them a bit of banter :lol:
1st time ive seen them in this area for a while but my boss who also lives in bridgend is a jack but tends to keep this quiet down here lol he is shitting it though doesnt think they would beat us if we both get to the play offs and end up playing each other!! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:35 pm

in the old days of the football specials to swansea there would be hundreds getting on in bridgend

if they were run now , the same would be true

its traditionally been a cardiff supporting town but there are swansea fans there

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Sludge wrote:in the old days of the football specials to swansea there would be hundreds getting on in bridgend

if they were run now , the same would be true

its traditionally been a cardiff supporting town but there are swansea fans there

they have all been hiding away for the last few years, to embarressed to show their colours, now they are above us in the league they getting more comfortable to show them :lol:

KEEP BRIDGEND BLUE!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: