Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE ATMOSPHERE YESTERDAY and PLENTY OF OTHER

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Games This Season in The new Stadium, is complete crap, we are 6th really going for it now, yet I could of fell asleep yesterday if I was a neutral,it was that bad, yet the game was great. This is not the first time its been this bad, prob over a dozen games at least.

The Club should look at sorting this out before next season starts and the food/drink prices etc they need sorting fast.
My Daughters have stopped going as they love a good sing song, yesterday Rhoosters sons first game was bored to death, My daughters fell in love following Cardiff City because we at least always at some stage had a good sing song going, now we only sing when we score.

Re: THE ATMOSPHERE YESTERDAY and PLENTY OF OTHER

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Even Dai Hunt is quieter. :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:53 pm

We tend to sing more when the away team sing. Like west brom for example we sung quite alot in that match.
But the atmosphere then was still no where near Ninian

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:07 pm

I didnt think yesterday was as bad as a lot of the games this season but it wasnt the best either.

I thought last season at NP we also had some very quiet games compared to previous seasons and we were in the mix then like this season.

I agree about us signing more when away fans come.

Im not sure what the club can do about it though? I think the Ninian stand is almost full of ST holders with so many renewed I doubt many space seats are available next to away fans which I think some would prefer?

Im not sure what the answers is but would be nice to have the CCS rocking....lets see what the Jacks game brings :)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm

good point 2blue but one game out of 24 is not good, i would like to see the family end switched but with our current regime i cant see that happening

even the newcastle game was quietish, is it 1st season syndrome???? time will tell

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:16 pm

Got to agree with you annis ,i wasn't there yesterday i was with my son in southampton playing for the academy
listening on the radio on the way back and the commentator said it was dead in the stadium,personally i prefered NINIAN
but that's in the past now ,and yes i think they need to sort out something to re-create the atmosphere we had over the road.. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I didnt think yesterday was as bad as a lot of the games this season but it wasnt the best either.

I thought last season at NP we also had some very quiet games compared to previous seasons and we were in the mix then like this season.

Im not sure what the club can do about it though? I think the Ninian stand is almost full of ST holders with so many renewed I doubt many space seats are available next to away fans which I think some would prefer?

Im not sure what the answers is but would be nice to have the CCS rocking....lets see what the Jacks game brings :)

The family (grange end) needs to swap with the Canton end so that the Canton end becomes the family end, hedache now. ;)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Nathan Blake has commented about the atmosphere missing. Well once the new supporters group is up and running we know what the first mission is then. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:02 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I didnt think yesterday was as bad as a lot of the games this season but it wasnt the best either.

The family (grange end) needs to swap with the Canton end so that the Canton end becomes the family end, hedache now. ;)

I agree 100%.

I brought this up in a thread before Christmas and I feel it really is a contributing factor.

At Ninian Park we had the bob bank singing at the grange end, the grange end singing at the grand stand block "A" and stuck in the middle was the away support. All through the games then, those sections of fans would start each other off and "re-light the blue touch paper" when things went a little quiet.

In the CCs, even the chants at the players seems to have nowhere near the volume it had at NP!.

I reckon this needs to be addressed, or we face more of the same.

We as fans can outsing the best of 'em on our day and really can be the twelvth man and the CCS really does need it back!.

I know the club said they wanted to move away from the NP days and we have, but they obviously did not conceive that by changing the stands around that the noise would be affected. I am sorry to say it has.

A move towards getting the stand format back the way it was at NP, would in my opinon help turn our new home, the Cardiff City Stadium, into more of a fortress as we, the fans, will be able to create alot more noise and sing the team on to more victories on the field.

:ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm

sunday pm is an awful time for a game i reckon. Night games are what we like around here. I cant wait for sheff utd weds, got a feeling the atmos will be good. Hopefully a good crowd, hugely important game and we all hate sheff utd anyway partic after last season when that shocking ref gave them the game. I'd love to see them down to 9 men after 15 minutes and we romp to a 6 niller..... :ayatollah: love it.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Bluebandit
agree 100%.

I brought this up in a thread before Christmas and I feel it really is a contributing factor.

At Ninian Park we had the bob bank singing at the grange end, the grange end singing at the grand stand block "A" and stuck in the middle was the away support. All through the games then, those sections of fans would start each other off and "re-light the blue touch paper" when things went a little quiet.

In the CCs, even the chants at the players seems to have nowhere near the volume it had at NP!.

We as fans can outsing the best of 'em on our day and really can be the twelvth man and the CCS really does need it back!.

I know the club said they wanted to move away from the NP days and we have, but they obviously did not conceive that by changing the stands around that the noise would be affected. I am sorry to say it has.

A move towards getting the stand format back the way it was at NP, would in my opinon help turn our new home, the Cardiff City Stadium, into more of a fortress as we, the fans, will be able to create alot more noise and sing the team on to more victories on the field.

Too right mate, unless something is done the atmosphere will never improve and surely as a business they want CCs to become feared, so that we can get the attendances and the promised land. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:15 pm

The day we knocked Leeds out the cup my mate was with the Leeds fans. He said when he
walked into the ground it was more hostile than Galatasaray, he said you could feel it from
the left and the right. He turned to his friend and told him he reckoned the Leeds players
might bottle this one!!!!

Oh for that kind of atmosphere again.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, i do not condone throwing missiles at players
referees or away fans.

Though if Piddler does a lap of honour when he leaves, please feel free to sharpen up the
corner flags and go for his throat :lol:

...I think its definitely 'new stadium syndrome' Once these dickhead stewards have their
wings clipped, and people know where they want to sit, things WILL improve. I went to
Stoke's new ground after half of the first season in iot and it was crap too!!!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Bluebandit wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:

I agree 100%.

:ayatollah:

shinyBlueGlue, they are totally my sentiments.

Annis said in the lead post that his daughters liked coming for a good old sing song, and no longer come because the singing isn't as good as it was at NP.

This to me is a travesty. We are talking about current fans and future fans not turning up because the atmosphere is crap!.

It really needs to be sorted out. At NP, the Canton stand was at the "quiet" end which probably suited families. We all knew where the noise came from. Everybody was involved in the occasion. Oh to hear it again, "Bob bank, do the Ayatollah", "Grandstand, do the Ayatollah", would be awesome!.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:22 pm

Swapping the Canton and the Grange Ends around is a must for next season.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:31 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Swapping the Canton and the Grange Ends around is a must for next season.

Why the "Dickheads" ever swapped it around is beyond me.

All they have tried to do is move us away from our "Roots". They have "Sterilised" the new ground.

When will they realise, that is what our support is all about. The singing, the passion, lifting the whole ground vocally.

It is the basis of our support, it makes us feel more connected, to the club, the players, the game, each other.

It's like an addiction, an emotional vocal one that must flood over to the players on the field and give them a lift too.

It simply has to come back lads!.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:36 pm

That Wayne Nash needs f*cking shooting, he alone has caused all this shit, Swap the ends around nex season is a must.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Got to agree I thought the atmoshere was shocking yesterday.Dont know if it was coz it was a sunday game or theier fans never sung or whatever but it needs to be upped for the sheff utd game and the jacks because a win in these games could put us in a position for the playoffs.I know the club wont put the home fans next to the away fans again,but I think one thing they could do in all seater stadiums is set an area aside where you can purchase tickets and sit/stand on a first come first served basis,much like we just stand where we like when we are away.That would create pockets of like minded fans together who would create a noise like when we are away.it does not take many as we know,how many times have we been away with only 200-300 and created a hell of a racket.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 pm

For some odd reason I didnt think of moving the home section :lol:
Sounds logical to me although it is bound to upset some fans in both sections that are settled although I think most would go for it.
Ive never been in the family section but does it have any "family" type features that cannot be transfered?

Would have been so much easier to have done this at the start of the season doing (as promised) like for like seats.
Im still annoyed that after all the years being in the middle middle of the bob bank I was shoved to the side :twisted:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Anis we need a song of our own, Men of Harlech would soung great and have some historical meaning.
Big songs like, blue moon, bubbles, bladen races always get people going.
How could we promote it, theres a challenge for you.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 pm

What about a little page with a few of our songs on. Might get people up and singing. If they know the words and understand them better.

Hand them out.

Might be good. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 pm

kg1 wrote:Anis we need a song of our own, Men of Harlech would soung great and have some historical meaning.
Big songs like, blue moon, bubbles, bladen races always get people going.
How could we promote it, theres a challenge for you.

I agree, lets try and get one together, remind me to mention it on this Forum after tomorrows game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 pm

its been poor
I think its going to take time

it was great v bristol city , then soona ll the rubbish started coming out in the wash

I am certain much of it is down to the nosense going on behind the scenes

you can sense the anger sometimes , not happiness

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I have just emailed the club on this subject..................go on..........all have a crack!!!
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/Fee ... 35,00.html

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Games This Season in The new Stadium, is complete crap, we are 6th really going for it now, yet I could of fell asleep yesterday if I was a neutral,it was that bad, yet the game was great. This is not the first time its been this bad, prob over a dozen games at least.

The Club should look at sorting this out before next season starts and the food/drink prices etc they need sorting fast.
My Daughters have stopped going as they love a good sing song, yesterday Rhoosters sons first game was bored to death, My daughters fell in love following Cardiff City because we at least always at some stage had a good sing song going, now we only sing when we score.

It was disappointingly poor v Watford especially with TG present. The only thing i would add is that NP was often poor as well in recent times, It will be interesting to see what atmosphere can be generated against the jacks.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 pm

I mentioned a long time ago that we should get a petition going to get the Grange and Canton swapped round and all i got was no point they ain't going to change it so would be pointless. Either we do something or we shut up and except it. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I mentioned a long time ago that we should get a petition going to get the Grange and Canton swapped round and all i got was no point they ain't going to change it so would be pointless. Either we do something or we shut up and except it. :ayatollah:

Whilst not wishing bad luck on anyone, the chance to get it changed will be when TG's lot take over and employ their own staff with no axes to grind.

In my opinion, no way should the community and family stand be next to the away supporters, terrible decision by whoever made it.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I always wish we adopted Men of harlech like LIverpool have you'll never walk alone.

MOH when sang on mass sounds amazing, the clapping bit can sounds intimidating and shows unity.
Some reason its never caught on, I guess a lot of people dont know the words as well

Words :D

Men of Harlech, stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spearpoints gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It can not be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Welshmen never yield

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty foe surrounding

Men of Harlech on to glory
This will every be your story
Keep these burning words before ye
Welshmen will not yield

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I always wish we adopted Men of harlech like LIverpool have you'll never walk alone.

MOH when sang on mass sounds amazing, the clapping bit can sounds intimidating and shows unity.
Some reason its never caught on, I guess a lot of people dont know the words as well

Words :D

Men of Harlech, stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spearpoints gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It can not be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Welshmen never yield

From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty foe surrounding

Men of Harlech on to glory
This will every be your story
Keep these burning words before ye
Welshmen will not yield

Where are the swear words and head kicking part ? :)