Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hassle with my riverside scarf

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm

went in with my son. bought a scarf off billy.
we must have been one of the first "new" scarf wearers to enter the ground at 1ish. We got in to ticket office where the staff at first told us we must sit int he away end. I got a valley accent and had a city shirt on too.
We got in the canton stand where we were standing watching the united game and 4 stewards come on to us making a scene.
my lad was worried that with all the looks we were getting we might get into bother and i must admit considered taking them off at one point. But soon enough the scarf wearers started pouring in. Loads of malaysian flags too. well done boys.
2 lads wearing scarfs stood by us and we got chatting. i expect on wed this will catch on big style,

Re: hassle with my riverside scarf

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:58 pm

I had the same problem!!!

I said to the steward - have you heard of the AAMB ? He said "No, Why"

I said oh, the guy who set it up - knitted them all........ :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Merlin wrote:I had the same problem!!!

The new scarves are old hat (as it were). To avoid confusion on Wednesday thay are being replaced by red and white striped ones.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Borley admitted to me earlier that in the Ground they really stood out and made their point :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Taunton_Blue_Genie wrote:

The new scarves are old hat (as it were). To avoid confusion on Wednesday thay are being replaced by red and white striped ones.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:07 pm

are they aamb scarves then ?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:08 pm

im glad they stood out. i was a bit concerned that the colours were too dark.
I also wore it today too :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:08 pm

pengedragon wrote:

are they aamb scarves then ?

:lol: Yes....

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:33 pm

annis my gran wants a payrise :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 pm

nugent wrote:went in with my son. bought a scarf off billy.
we must have been one of the first "new" scarf wearers to enter the ground at 1ish. We got in to ticket office where the staff at first told us we must sit int he away end. I got a valley accent and had a city shirt on too.
We got in the canton stand where we were standing watching the united game and 4 stewards come on to us making a scene.
my lad was worried that with all the looks we were getting we might get into bother and i must admit considered taking them off at one point. But soon enough the scarf wearers started pouring in. Loads of malaysian flags too. well done boys.
2 lads wearing scarfs stood by us and we got chatting. i expect on wed this will catch on big style,

i honestly think that some thing hs to be done concerning the stewards and the way they act
you would think that we are the away fans the way we are treated they are a law amongst them selves
they treat youngsters terrible it is getting beyond a joke
i have written to the club and nothing happens you got the responce team who think they are the a team
esp the spotted faced tw*t