Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can we do polls on this board?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:48 pm

I havew put a poll onthe MM board to see how people feel about a new supporters association.

Unsurprisingly I have voted no ar this stage.

Can we do mpolls on this board?

Re: Can we do polls on this board?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm

If you start a new thread, there's a 'poll creation' option underneath the text box

Just put in the title, and the options and you can add it to the thread

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:30 pm

If we have already had 600 contacts about setting up a new supporters association then this surely is a clear message that fans wish to have one.
A poll in my opinion is therefore a waste of time and the membership numbers will surely vindicate the setting up of the new association.
It will not please everybody no doubt, but if it can get more fans involved in all thats CCFC then surely it must be a good thing.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:37 pm

ridofrid wrote:If we have already had 600 contacts about setting up a new supporters association then this surely is a clear message that fans wish to have one.
A poll in my opinion is therefore a waste of time and the membership numbers will surely vindicate the setting up of the new association.
It will not please everybody no doubt, but if it can get more fans involved in all thats CCFC then surely it must be a good thing.

Why did we bother having polls about the march, and about Ridsdale then?

Because people are worried that the new group won't be popular?

If we can get 600 votes for the new group that would be amazing, but I can't see it I'm afraid.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:44 pm

if you want to set up a poll - then do it..... ;)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Merlin wrote:if you want to set up a poll - then do it..... ;)

Shall I set up a 'should I do a poll' poll?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 pm

If we have already had contact from 600 fans how many times should we ask them, twice, three times or until they get fed up due to a lack of action.
We will see if its needed by the number of members joining.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:52 pm

ridofrid wrote:If we have already had contact from 600 fans how many times should we ask them, twice, three times or until they get fed up due to a lack of action.
We will see if its needed by the number of members joining.

You think 600 individual people have all said, we need a new supporters group?

I somehow doubt it.

If there are 600 people in favour of the idea, surely then if Annis or someone like that were to stand for election to the trust it would be easy to get some of them to join and vote Annis or whoever on

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:03 pm

I am sorry but you dont seem to get it. Annis has stated that he has had 600 fans suggesting the setting up of a NEW association.
They know about the alternatives available but want a NEW organisation.

What is wrong with catering for these fans, if they want to join the trust nobody is stopping them, they have chosen not to.

Its just a question of choice.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:05 pm

ridofrid wrote:I am sorry but you dont seem to get it. Annis has stated that he has had 600 fans suggesting the setting up of a NEW association.
They know about the alternatives available but want a NEW organisation.

What is wrong with catering for these fans, if they want to join the trust nobody is stopping them, they have chosen not to.

Its just a question of choice.

Ok I understand what you mean.

I still can't believe 600 people want a new supporters group though.