NOW BECOMING ONE OF THE FAVOURITES TO BE CITY'S NEXT MANAGER

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 am

James Rowberry

Bets are now 7/2 and 3/1 for Rowberry to be next Cardiff City manager

James Rowberry could become the next Cardiff City manager

Rowberry will not cost the club anything and he knows how Vincent Tan works.

Rowberry won't ask for a big budget and is well respected by the current Cardiff City players.

As of yesterday, Rowberry has emerged as a shock and serious contender for the Head Coach role.

Part of Russell Slade's backroom staff, the 31-year-old has worked on coaching and analysis this season.

Rowberry was interviewed this week for the job.

One of the youngest in the world to complete to the UEFA Pro Licence, he would bring an understanding and knowledge of the most modern coaching techniques and theories.

Three years with Newport County Academy

It has worked for the likes of Bournemouth in the past.

Despite knowing the squad and the club well, it would be an enormous risk to put him into such a high-profile job so soon. Many Cardiff fans have also pointed out that previous managerial experience is not deemed important, why isn't Craig Bellamy being considered?
Attachments
JS89666827.jpg
JS89666827.jpg (25.63 KiB) Viewed 26324 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NOW BECOMING ONE OF THE FAVOURITES TO BE CITY'S NEXT MAN

Postby Neokutai » Fri May 13, 2016 10:49 am

I hope he gets the Job, We need to start building a long term project. Most " I want it now" fans won't agree but appointing a manager for short term gain didn't work out too well last time. Most were waiting for Dave Jones to take us up on a shoestring so I doubt it'll hurt to show the same sort of patience again, In the long term we will have a more stable platform to stay up if we gain promotion in future.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby sir ninian » Fri May 13, 2016 10:52 am

I'm all for giving a young manager a chance,Eddie howe at Bournemouth is a prime example but I feel city would be taking another risk.City fans have had nothing to cheer about for 3 years now, and now is not the time to gamble just because it's a cheap option.We need an experienced manager to get some stability into the club(Warnock).If they want a young gun then get Bellamy in. :bluebird:
sir ninian

Postby Roy » Fri May 13, 2016 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:NOW BECOMING ONE OF THE FAVOURITES TO BE CITY'S NEXT MANAGER

James Rowberry

Rowberry won't ask for a big budget and is well respected by the current Cardiff City players.

As of yesterday, Rowberry has emerged as a shock and serious contender for the Head Coach role.

Part of Russell Slade's backroom staff, the 31-year-old has worked on coaching and analysis this season.

One of the youngest in the world to complete to the UEFA Pro Licence, he would bring an understanding and knowledge of the most modern coaching techniques and theories.

Despite knowing the squad and the club well, it would be an enormous risk to put him into such a high-profile job so soon. Many Cardiff fans have also pointed out that previous managerial experience is not deemed important, why isn't Craig Bellamy being considered?

I will support any manager in the hot seat but i'my sorry this appointment would be an absolute joke. Imagine a 31 year old telling the likes of Whittingham and Marshall what they are doing wrong. This must not happen please.
Roy

Postby Blueboys1927 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:57 am

Will he be good enough and experienced enough to keep us in the Championship? This is where Tan will want us kept, as going to league one or two would be a disaster for the club. The PL is just a pipe dream for us, Tan has tried it once and been burnt, best leave PL football in Wales to our cousins down West as they seem to know what they are doing more than we do when it comes to running a football club successfully :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby grange_end1927 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:00 am

f**k me if its him our clubs a f*cking joke
grange_end1927

Postby rontom » Fri May 13, 2016 11:24 am

well as a 83yr old fan it surprises me that the younger generation do not trust a young lad who has for the last 10yrs been a qualified coach to be capable of coaching Cardiff city players.

My first reaction to his name being mentioned was WHO, but having looked further, I can see here is someone who has trained and been successful in passing all exams, very highly thought of by people in football who know him, and could bring to the city a change to the very poor situation that we have at the present time, ie; decent players but do not know what their role is. as a qualified coach he would be capable of telling whits and marshall what he expects of them.
So what is the problem
rontom

Postby Neokutai » Fri May 13, 2016 11:27 am

rontom wrote:well as a 83yr old fan it surprises me that the younger generation do not trust a young lad who has for the last 10yrs been a qualified coach to be capable of coaching Cardiff city players.

My first reaction to his name being mentioned was WHO, but having looked further, I can see here is someone who has trained and been successful in passing all exams, very highly thought of by people in football who know him, and could bring to the city a change to the very poor situation that we have at the present time, ie; decent players but do not know what their role is. as a qualified coach he would be capable of telling whits and marshall what he expects of them.
So what is the problem

Best post I've seen on here for a long time, spot on !
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby davids » Fri May 13, 2016 11:44 am

In my opinion there is too much being made of the fact that this bloke has passed a few exams and got a few badges.

Big deal.

What experience does he have of preparing a team to play Championship level football?
What are his man management skills like?
Will he have the respect of professional players when he has never been one?
How will he cope with the pressure of guiding a team to a top six finish( which is what the club expect) or fighting a relegation battle?

It's not just about getting some badges. Anybody can do that if they have the money and the application.

Surely in this division it' would be a truly enormous gamble to appoint such an absolute rookie.

Has it ever happened and been successful at Championship level before?

And don't say Eddie Howe because Bournemouth weren't in the Championship when he was appointed.
davids

Postby erinsown » Fri May 13, 2016 11:50 am

He looks the type that tan would walk all over :roll:
erinsown

Postby gwentbluebirds » Fri May 13, 2016 11:56 am

Roy wrote:

James Rowberry

I will support any manager in the hot seat but i'my sorry this appointment would be an absolute joke. Imagine a 31 year old telling the likes of Whittingham and Marshall what they are doing wrong. This must not happen please.

It's not a joke is it? Ok I would prefer a more experienced manager. But he has been coaching for 12 years since 21 years of age. And you say imagine him telling whittingham etc what they are doing wrong. If he's 1st team coach as he is at the moment then he would of had a word with them before now about mistakes surely :thumbup:
Anyone who has been to the stadium and seen the warm ups will surely of seen James Rowberry taking charge of the sessions and not trollope like most believe
gwentbluebirds

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri May 13, 2016 11:58 am

Neokutai wrote:I hope he gets the Job, We need to start building a long term project. Most " I want it now" fans won't agree but appointing a manager for short term gain didn't work out too well last time. Most were waiting for Dave Jones to take us up on a shoestring so I doubt it'll hurt to show the same sort of patience again, In the long term we will have a more stable platform to stay up if we gain promotion in future.

But the 'I want it now fans' seem to include the club itself as they've stated they want the play offs next season. I think you're right in planning for the future and that's why I think Rowberry or Bellamy should perhaps be given a number 2 slot next to an experienced guy so he can continue his learning process. If he does well then it's his job in a couple of years.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby troobloo3339 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 am

Roy wrote:

James Rowberry

I got a good idea on how to solve that problem
Sell them both
troobloo3339

Postby ThomasC » Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 am

If the club come out and say his objective is to integrate the DVP players into the first team, and to be promoted within 3 years he has my backing, as it's plausible he could do it.

If it's just top 6 is the minimum requirement with a 31 year old who has never managed before, it would be complete lunacy :oops:
ThomasC

Postby skiprat » Fri May 13, 2016 11:59 am

Want it now??? Unless you've forgotten,we've spent one season in the top flight since1962 and that was an unmitigated disaster.we more than most need instant success.
skiprat

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri May 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Im not sure the youth we have are good enough. All very well bringing them in but they have to be up to the job.
2blue2handle

Postby ThomasC » Fri May 13, 2016 12:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im not sure the youth we have are good enough. All very well bringing them in but they have to be up to the job.

I just can't see what the attraction is to Rowberry other than him possibly being more willing to play to the young players he has personally coached through the system. If anyone has another reason why the club would consider him, please share
ThomasC

Postby angelis1949 » Fri May 13, 2016 12:24 pm

James Rowberry

My biggest concern would be his knowledge or lack of it in the transfer market seeing we need to strengthen the team before next season
angelis1949

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri May 13, 2016 12:38 pm

ThomasC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Im not sure the youth we have are good enough. All very well bringing them in but they have to be up to the job.

I just can't see what the attraction is to Rowberry other than him possibly being more willing to play to the young players he has personally coached through the system. If anyone has another reason why the club would consider him, please share

That is the way I'm beginning to view James Rowberry possible appointment. It must have a lot to do with blooding youngsters and hopefully moulding them into sellable assets.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri May 13, 2016 12:40 pm

angelis1949 wrote:

James Rowberry

My biggest concern would be his knowledge or lack of it in the transfer market seeing we need to strengthen the team before next season

If you think about it his squad strengthening is going to come from the DVP side rather than the transfer market. On that he would seem to be the most qualified.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby abf9 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:37 pm

I'm always on here but post rarely.
Have done a few courses under James when he was at County and he is the absolute business.He knows his game inside out.The fluidity rolls off him and he is like a human dynamo.
Everyone I know is of the same opinion.The problem I see is that people do not like change.A manager will f**k up at 5 different clubs but still has a queue of clubs to sign him.Alladyce ?
Surely others deserve a chance but then again I am not responsible for running a multi million pound club.
abf9

Postby Jasonccfc » Fri May 13, 2016 11:53 pm

I'm keeping an open mind. I like Pearson and Warnock but if this guy is given the role i will look forward to seeing how he does. Hopefully if the fans and club give him time he might be the best thing to happen at City in years :thumbright:
If it turns out to be a bad decision so what? The club tried and it won't be no worse than some of the down sides we have experienced over the last few decades :ayatollah:
Jasonccfc

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2016 1:47 am

Jasonccfc wrote:I'm keeping an open mind. I like Pearson and Warnock but if this guy is given the role i will look forward to seeing how he does. Hopefully if the fans and club give him time he might be the best thing to happen at City in years :thumbright:
If it turns out to be a bad decision so what? The club tried and it won't be no worse than some of the down sides we have experienced over the last few decades :ayatollah:

Great post! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Theblues2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:33 am

grange_end1927 wrote:f**k me if its him our clubs a f*cking joke

Bet this guy was hoping for Jose Mourinho or Carlo Ancelotti :lol: :lol:
Theblues2

Postby Theblues2 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:36 am

I for one would happily take him or Bellamy, we need a manager with up-to-date ideas. I'd more favour Bellamy considering he was a forward may have a way of making us a better attacking team but that's just a theory. I think the clubs making the right choice on taking a gamble with a hungry young head coach. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Theblues2

Postby Garethjr » Sat May 14, 2016 6:17 am

If Rowberry gets the job then all we can and should do is get behind him. An older and more experienced manager could come in but it doesn't in any way guarantee success.
For me personally I'd be happy with Rowberry in an assistant managers role for the first team with an experienced manager at the helm with a view of Rowberry being appointed if and when it was the right appointment a couple of years down the line where he could hit the ground running. I for one would rather give him a go than Bellamy though, just my opinion folks.
Garethjr

Postby sid61284 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:32 am

sir ninian wrote:I'm all for giving a young manager a chance,Eddie howe at Bournemouth is a prime example but I feel city would be taking another risk.City fans have had nothing to cheer about for 3 years now, and now is not the time to gamble just because it's a cheap option.We need an experienced manager to get some stability into the club(Warnock).If they want a young gun then get Bellamy in. :bluebird:

We've had the experienced manager to bring stability in Slade. That's exactly what he's done.

Warnock really brings nothing more to us. I don't even see him as a quick fix unless he's got money to spend.

Why Bellamy over Rowberry? Apart from the fact he's played all his career at a decent level.

Bellamy started doing his badges and studying the coaching/managerial game 2 years ago.

Rowberry has spent the last 13 years doing this.

I also think there may be better options than Rowberry but doesn't the lad deserve a chance?
sid61284

Postby Jasonccfc » Sat May 14, 2016 9:40 am

Sven wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:I'm keeping an open mind. I like Pearson and Warnock but if this guy is given the role i will look forward to seeing how he does. Hopefully if the fans and club give him time he might be the best thing to happen at City in years :thumbright:

Sven i know it's a risk and i know it's a big if but what if a younger manager comes in and does well it could be the breath of fresh air thats been needed at the club in years..
Jasonccfc

Postby Sven » Sat May 14, 2016 10:12 am

Jasonccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sven i know it's a risk and i know it's a big if but what if a younger manager comes in and does well it could be the breath of fresh air thats been needed at the club in years..

Jason, you're 100% correct that it could pay off and my personal preference would be young Bellamy with an experienced coach (Trollope/Rowberry or Dutch Ray) alongside him

I wouldn't be averse to someone like Clement either and although there is support for the vastly experienced Warnock, I would be a little concerned he has effectively said he would only be a 'stop gap' taking on one more Championship season and that would go against the club (and majority of fans, I believe) desire for continuation at the helm

If the club deem the 'best man for the job' to be a young 'un, then I'll get behind said person but regardless of who is steering the boat, I will get behind the team on the pitch 100 times more, as (like most attending fans) I always do! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby angelis1949 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
angelis1949 wrote:

James Rowberry

If you think about it his squad strengthening is going to come from the DVP side rather than the transfer market. On that he would seem to be the most qualified.

So we have a 21 goal a season striker in the DVP
angelis1949

Next

Return to Gambler's Den