Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jazz Richards

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Very good to have him back. The quality of his distribution in particular has been sorely missed. Some games have felt like watching a tennis match with the ball flying in the air from one end to the other.

Richards always does a solid defensive job, but he rarely wastes possession. Richards has the ability and composure to accurately find a player to bring the midfield into the game.

Re: Jazz Richards

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:46 pm

much prefer him to Peltier. Just as good defensively and miles better going forward and doesn't waste possession like Peltier does.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Have to agree with the OP (for once :laughing6: )
Jazz doing really well.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:28 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Have to agree with the OP (for once :laughing6: )
Jazz doing really well.

First time for everything. :laughing6: :thumbright:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Jazz doing really well.

Are you feeling ok ? :laughing6:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Superb today.

He seemed to have a free role, covering left back when Bennett was going forward.

In defence he seemed to have the job if man marking their number 27 (Gooch). He was never more than 2 yards away from him and followed him everywhere. Resulting in their lad being substituted on the hour as he couldn't get a sniff.

Well played Jazz.

Possibly the defensive midfielder we have been looking for? I'd certainly try him just in front of the back 4

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Jazz doing really well.

Are you feeling ok ? :laughing6:

I must be coming down with something!
:lol:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Our best right back.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Our best right back.

Peltier>richards

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Peltier>richards

Not for me, doesn't offer enough going forward. I can see why Peltier is used in certain games though. He is a strong player.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Peltier>richards

Not for me, doesn't offer enough going forward. I can see why Peltier is used in certain games though. He is a strong player.

I like my fullbacks to be able to defend... I know that’s old fashioned :lol:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Peltier>richards

I like my fullbacks to be able to defend... I know that’s old fashioned :lol:

I don't think Jazz is a bad defender. They have to be able to defend but now I think it's also important they can offer something going forward. Horses for courses, but if I could only keep one it would be jazz.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Very good to have him back. The quality of his distribution in particular has been sorely missed. Some games have felt like watching a tennis match with the ball flying in the air from one end to the other.

Richards always does a solid defensive job, but he rarely wastes possession. Richards has the ability and composure to accurately find a player to bring the midfield into the game.

Our best full back by a country mile even if he is a JB, good to see him back. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Played a massive but underappreciated role in our improvement last season.
When fit should always be among the first names on the teamsheet for me- solid all round