Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Neil Warnock on Cardiff City's budget for next season "

Thu May 24, 2018 8:53 am

NEIL WARNOCK ON TALK SPORT TODAY:

Thursday 24th May 2018

Neil Warnock on Cardiff City's budget for next season.

"We're going to try and give it our best shot with whatever budget they throw at us"

Neil Warnock said that he's going to do it the right way this time.

Neil Warnock said he's going out to meet Vincent Tan soon, he's already been to Monaco to see Dalman.

Warnock said it will be a challenge, but will not moan about it (if it's hard) that he's gonna enjoy it, sign players that fit what we want and the fans are amazing, having a full house every week! :bluebird:

Neil Warnock confirming Cardiff’s approach to transfers this summer will be sensible.

Warnock said: “Tans not going to go like he did last time, he wants to be sensible."

“He wants to do the sensible way, he’s not going to go silly - I know that."

“They run the club, I’m just going to enjoy it. For me, it’s like a bonus year."

“So whatever I’m given I’m going to spend, and whatever wages I’ve got I’ll use them, and we’ll do the best we can.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Neil Warnock on Cardiff City's budget for next season

Thu May 24, 2018 9:35 am

Considering Huddersfield spent 43.5m, Newcastle 36.2m & Brighton 34.25m last summer alone to survive I hope that the club give it a go.

There is talk of picking up loan signings which is great mixed in with some decent quality signings however I hope that the board back Neil Warnock in a real effort to try and survive that most important first season.

Team spirit alone will not keep you up and it’s clear that City need some quality in a few positions. Let’s give it a go and not drop out of the League again at the first attempt without sensible investment & making us capable of picking up enough points to survive at the top level. :bluebird:

Thu May 24, 2018 12:52 pm

My only concern is that after the money wasted on Cornelius and almost all of Ole's crap signings Tan will be too wary.
Warnock Needs proper backing, so we can compete for the likes of Andre Grey.

Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 pm

bluemun wrote:My only concern is that after the money wasted on Cornelius and almost all of Ole's crap signings Tan will be too wary.

Agreed. On top of that Neil Warnock got us promoted on more or less a shoestring compared to our other competitors so are the Board hoping for him to perform miracles again without investing. Look at what other teams had to spend last year to survive and that would be realistic. A 40m budget would be realistic, much less and its good bye to the Premier League yet again. Got to survive that first season.

Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm

What is the facination with Andre Grey, he is awful in the PL, not a 10-15 year a season striker that will gelp keep us up?
Id love Danny Ings or someone hungry to do well and of course Ings would be a loan signing so no fee

Thu May 24, 2018 7:12 pm

The club still has massive debts. I guess Tan will be hoping to get some of his cash back, and has to take into account wages as well as the cost of buying someone. He is not going to make the same mistake twice. I think Warnock is going to have to be clever in the transfer market. I would be surprised if he has huge amounts of money to spend. I think Tan will be very careful with the way this club is run from now on, and that is not a bad thing.

Thu May 24, 2018 8:00 pm

vietaff wrote:What is the facination with Andre Grey, he is awful in the PL, not a 10-15 year a season striker that will gelp keep us up?
Id love Danny Ings or someone hungry to do well and of course Ings would be a loan signing so no fee

As opposed to ings who has 3 goals since 2015.

Thu May 24, 2018 8:45 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
vietaff wrote:What is the facination with Andre Grey, he is awful in the PL, not a 10-15 year a season striker that will gelp keep us up?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a comeback, that’s quality :lol:

Thu May 24, 2018 8:58 pm

bluemun wrote:My only concern is that after the money wasted on Cornelius and almost all of Ole's crap signings Tan will be too wary.

All of Ole's crap signings?????

What, like Manga, Fabio and Morrison for example, swapping Odemwingie for Jones, bringing in Zaha on loan (granted it didn't work out but was hardly a crap signing), Juan Cala on a free. Pilkington.

Ole made mistakes but no more than any other manager, some of his signings have been superb.

Thu May 24, 2018 9:33 pm

RV Casual wrote:

What, like Manga, Fabio and Morrison for example, swapping Odemwingie for Jones, bringing in Zaha on loan (granted it didn't work out but was hardly a crap signing), Juan Cala on a free. Pilkington.

Ole made mistakes but no more than any other manager, some of his signings have been superb.

Manga and Morrison very good signings...Fabio couldn’t defend, Kenwyn average at best..Cala poor..Zaha waste of space..then you add on Eikrim, Berget, Burgsteller, Guerra, Dikagca, Macheda, Adeyami and Le Fondre and yes virtually all Oles signings were absolutely abysmal.

Terrible Manager, wasted £millions and £Million’s

Thu May 24, 2018 9:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

To be fair danny ings been injured for two seasons with ACL damage, if he can stay fit would be a good addition.

Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Manga and Morrison very good signings...Fabio couldn’t defend, Kenwyn average at best..Cala poor..Zaha waste of space..then you add on Eikrim, Berget, Burgsteller, Guerra, Dikagca, Macheda, Adeyami and Le Fondre and yes virtually all Oles signings were absolutely abysmal.

No he didn't, he wasted money yes but no more than any other manager.

What about Malky, Cornelius, Odemwingie, Brayford, very lucky to get our money back on Caulker, Theophile Catherine, Amondarain, Velikonja, Kiss, Maynard.... its easy to throw names out..

Can do the same for any manager at Cardiff or otherwise.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:03 pm

I'll always say Ole had a great eye for talent, but man management was the worst ever.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Talking of money if city manage to stay up it's reported that their share of tv money can go up to 280m its that important and mind boggling! :o

Thu May 24, 2018 10:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

No he didn't, he wasted money yes but no more than any other manager.

What about Malky, Cornelius, Odemwingie, Brayford, very lucky to get our money back on Caulker, Theophile Catherine, Amondarain, Velikonja, Kiss, Maynard.... its easy to throw names out..

Can do the same for any manager at Cardiff or otherwise.

You can take Burgstaller and Guerra off your list aswell, Burgstaller is a class player, left us scored 34 goals in 70 games in Bundesliga 2, gets a move to Schalke scores 25 goals in 62 games playing for a top 2 side and will be playing Champions League Football next year.. Ole signed him for £800,000, its not his fault what happened after he was sacked.

Same for Guerra, our player, cant get in the team but good enough for Malaga and La Liga where he banged in 17 goals in 43 games, again you can't blame Ole, they were not shit signings at all, they were failed by the shit that came in behind, ie Slade.

Thu May 24, 2018 10:58 pm

always thought some people go way overboard when it comes to OGS..

whoever had come in or had we kept MM they would have struggled to keep us up. a couple of stand out games apart we were poor all season.
then we lose medel.caulker.bellers.campbell and mutch..and lose 3 of our 1st 7 games as it turned out all to teams that finish on 78 points or more { thats more points than boro or derby managed this season }...but who comes down and gets off to a flyer ? even Newcastle who kept most of their strength lost 3 in 8....for me we will never know but certainley at the point he departed our season was still alive.

Thu May 24, 2018 11:01 pm

RV Casual wrote:

Ole was a car crash yes he signed good players because he had a f*cking was chest, but what's the use in having 10 good strikers on the books when u can't get a single one of them to play well. Utterly useless!

Thu May 24, 2018 11:14 pm

dogfound wrote:always thought some people go way overboard when it comes to OGS..

whoever had come in or had we kept MM they would have struggled to keep us up. a couple of stand out games apart we were poor all season.
then we lose medel.caulker.bellers.campbell and mutch..and lose 3 of our 1st 7 games as it turned out all to teams that finish on 78 points or more { thats more points than boro or derby managed this season }...but who comes down and gets off to a flyer ? even Newcastle who kept most of their strength lost 3 in 8....for me we will never know but certainley at the point he departed our season was still alive.

Spot on mate.

Thu May 24, 2018 11:25 pm

nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Ole was a car crash yes he signed good players because he had a f*cking was chest, but what's the use in having 10 good strikers on the books when u can't get a single one of them to play well. Utterly useless!

War Chest haha?

Err he sold Caulker and used the money to buy Morrison and Manga with some left over. Good f*cking business if you ask me!

He sigend Fabio on a free the previous January got rid of the rubbish Odemwingie and swapped him for Kenwynne who did a job.

He had Madel and Mutch sold for £13 million and spent 800k on Burgstaller.

Yes he made mistakes ie Le Fondre but name me a manager who hasn't made mistakes.

As dogfound said people go way overy board when it comes to ole

Fri May 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Its amazing how fans think we will have 30 - 40m. Its never going to happen. I trust Warnock to do the right thing for our club.

Fri May 25, 2018 7:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

War Chest haha?

Err he sold Caulker and used the money to buy Morrison and Manga with some left over. Good f*cking business if you ask me!

He sigend Fabio on a free the previous January got rid of the rubbish Odemwingie and swapped him for Kenwynne who did a job.

He had Madel and Mutch sold for £13 million and spent 800k on Burgstaller.

Yes he made mistakes ie Le Fondre but name me a manager who hasn't made mistakes.

As dogfound said people go way overy board when it comes to ole

Really good point.

Fri May 25, 2018 7:50 pm

realblue82 wrote:Its amazing how fans think we will have 30 - 40m. Its never going to happen. I trust Warnock to do the right thing for our club.

Any particular reason why its 'amazing how fans think we will have 30-40m' or why 'its never going to happen' because I think to expect a budget of £30-£40m is quite frankly the very least I would expect Warnock to have.

First of all we are purporting to be in the top 10 most supported clubs in the Premier League next season, probably the top 12-13 biggest supported Clubs in England and Wales.

From an article I have just seen even the bottom team in the Premier League WBA got £94 Million in Premier League Payments last season alone. Add to that we are owned by a man who is worth £1.2 Billion.

Now if Huddersfield Town (spent £43.5 Million) and Brighton (spent £57.3 Million) can do it and both survived what makes it so 'amazing' to think that we shouldn't expect the same or similar?

I know we have to be sensible, but to be honest, I want the Club to give it a proper go, I'm not interested in coming straight back down and 'bouncing back like Burnley' because there is no guarantee of that. The Club is in a great position to kick on now and really needs to and that involves serious investment in the squad which hopefully we will see.

Fri May 25, 2018 8:00 pm

RV Casual wrote:
realblue82 wrote:Its amazing how fans think we will have 30 - 40m. Its never going to happen. I trust Warnock to do the right thing for our club.

Any particular reason why its 'amazing how fans think we will have 30-40m' or why 'its never going to happen' because I think to expect a budget of £30-£40m is quite frankly the very least I would expect Warnock to have.

Historical debt?

Fri May 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Because 1 Tan wouldnt fund that and 2 Warnock said he wont be signing players who will undo all the hard work to make the club financially stable.

Dont get me wrong i would like to see Cardiff spend 30m on 5 - 6 players but realistically we can do that with a 15 - 20m budget

Fri May 25, 2018 8:16 pm

realblue82 wrote:Because 1 Tan wouldnt fund that and 2 Warnock said he wont be signing players who will undo all the hard work to make the club financially stable.

Dont get me wrong i would like to see Cardiff spend 30m on 5 - 6 players but realistically we can do that with a 15 - 20m budget

I here what your saying mate, I just think a substantial investment in the playing squad is a risk worth taking in the hope of survival, If Tan limits Warnock to a tiny budget could that be a sign that he does not have that much faith in him as a Premier League Manager, maybe he is being advised well for once? Its all speculation thought isnt it, he could have £50 Million to play with for all we know :lol:

Fri May 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Personally not too bothered to go down and back up. I would like warnock to have a decent 25 to 20m and take the best of the championship so we have the british based players in the main on same sort of wages keeping the excellent squad harmony. If we do go down we will bounce back with a stronger squad.

Fri May 25, 2018 8:46 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Personally not too bothered to go down and back up. I would like warnock to have a decent 25 to 20m and take the best of the championship so we have the british based players in the main on same sort of wages keeping the excellent squad harmony. If we do go down we will bounce back with a stronger squad.

This going down and back up with back with a better squad doesn't work in reality though.

Last season Boro, Sunderland and Hull down, none back up.
Season before, Newcastle, Norwich, Villa down, one back up, Newcastle
Season before that, Hull, Burnley, QPR down, Hull and Burnley back up
Season before that, Us, Norwich and Fulham, none back up
Season before that, Wigan, Reading, QPR down, none back up
Season before that, Bolton, Blackburn, Wolves down, none back up.

So out of the last 18 teams relegated from the Premiership only 3 have bounced back straight away and one of them was Newcastle United, one of the biggest teams in England, and out of those 18 only 4 will be in the Premiership next season.

The last thing we wan't to to is go straight back down.

Fri May 25, 2018 9:14 pm

RV Casual wrote:
realblue82 wrote:Because 1 Tan wouldnt fund that and 2 Warnock said he wont be signing players who will undo all the hard work to make the club financially stable.

I here what your saying mate, I just think a substantial investment in the playing squad is a risk worth taking in the hope of survival, If Tan limits Warnock to a tiny budget could that be a sign that he does not have that much faith in him as a Premier League Manager, maybe he is being advised well for once? Its all speculation thought isnt it, he could have £50 Million to play with for all we know :lol:

Totally agree. If City were to spend 15-20m it would be pointless kicking a ball, they are relegated. Team spirit alone cannot keep you in the Premier League as you need that extra quality. It is worth spending that bit extra. If you survive that first season there are huge rewards & it is so difficult to get out of the Championship. Survive the first season & then invest wisely to go from strength to strength.

Fri May 25, 2018 9:48 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Totally agree. If City were to spend 15-20m it would be pointless kicking a ball, they are relegated. Team spirit alone cannot keep you in the Premier League as you need that extra quality. It is worth spending that bit extra. If you survive that first season there are huge rewards & it is so difficult to get out of the Championship. Survive the first season & then invest wisely to go from strength to strength.

But then he tired that with Malky and it took years to sort it out.
Warnock has to spend well and use the player he buys.

Fri May 25, 2018 10:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

I agree Warnock has to spend well however 15-20m is peanuts compared the already established ‘super’ teams who spend 100m. All the promoted teams last season spent over 30m some over 40m in the summer transfer window alone and they all survived. 15/20m is nothing. The Premier League brings huge rewards if you spend just enough to survive that first year and then continually strengthen year upon year. You have to survive that first year or all the hard work has been thrown away.