Potential New ST Holders Hampered by £500 Ceiling?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Wayne S » Sun May 27, 2018 4:23 pm

I know ST sales will continue and will increase when fixtures are released and Bale is signed :wink: but what has caused the recent slowdown?

Is it purely just off season and thoughts turn to the Summer or is there actually a ceiling on the price new ST Holders may be willing to pay?

I've been looking at the sales in blocks 513, 514 (centre) & 515. It would seem that any fans considering ST's now have a £500 ceiling on their expenditure.

After the quick take up of tickets front and centre when the top tier went on sale, there now seems to be a near sell out of the cheaper seats at the back of blocks 513 & 515 that flank the centre block.

Why?..... Price?.....

The back of blocks 513 & 515 cost £469 whereas the front is £509 as is the rear of the centre block 514.

Is that £500 barrier just unbreachable for new fans unless our amazing success is enhanced with big signings and a successful start to the season?
Wayne S

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Potential New ST Holders Hampered by £500 Ceiling?

Postby dogfound » Sun May 27, 2018 4:44 pm

why they dont put ALL available tickets on sale beats me..
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun May 27, 2018 4:54 pm

The price is the price now, its not like before where they might go up. No reasons for someone to buy one today when they can say in a months time.
2blue2handle

Postby Wayne S » Sun May 27, 2018 4:59 pm

dogfound wrote:why they dont put ALL available tickets on sale beats me..

True. They could put the wing blocks on sale and the £469 tickets will go. But I assume it would leave the pricier match day tickets for those who go match by match due to the price of ST's
Wayne S

Postby 8ballpottingmachine » Sun May 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Personally I had to wait until I had a small bonus at the end of March. I went down the day I had it to buy family ticket but the family stand had sold out. No chance now unfortunately so myself and the family will be watching on the tv.
Partly my own fault as well. After 22 years of being a season ticket holder, got caught up in all the red nonsense and had a few seasons off, don't want to get into that now tho! Have been going back down the last 2 seasons and got 2 family flex tickets this year plus other tickets. That's life I suppose :bluescarf:
Cardiff City - Breaking hearts since 1899
Cardiff City - Deceased 2012
Cardiff City - Reborn? Awaiting.
8ballpottingmachine

Postby Wayne S » Sun May 27, 2018 9:44 pm

8ballpottingmachine wrote:Personally I had to wait until I had a small bonus at the end of March. I went down the day I had it to buy family ticket but the family stand had sold out. No chance now unfortunately so myself and the family will be watching on the tv.
Partly my own fault as well. After 22 years of being a season ticket holder, got caught up in all the red nonsense and had a few seasons off, don't want to get into that now tho! Have been going back down the last 2 seasons and got 2 family flex tickets this year plus other tickets. That's life I suppose :bluescarf:

Keep on contacting the ticket office mate. There may be some returned. I know its unlikely with the Premier League coming but people to have a change of circumstances and move seats.
Wayne S

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun May 27, 2018 9:49 pm

8ballpottingmachine wrote:Personally I had to wait until I had a small bonus at the end of March. I went down the day I had it to buy family ticket but the family stand had sold out. No chance now unfortunately so myself and the family will be watching on the tv.

Our of interest what's the price difference if you got your family tickets in say the Canton stand as apposed to the family stand?
2blue2handle

Postby Wayne S » Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Out of interest what's the price difference if you got your family tickets in say the Canton stand as apposed to the family stand?

It's sold out now so they do not show a.price but before the prices went up you could get a family ticket for 2 adults and 2 juniors for about £580. Similar seats in the canton would be over £800
Wayne S

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun May 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Wayne S wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Out of interest what's the price difference if you got your family tickets in say the Canton stand as apposed to the family stand?

It's sold out now so they do not show a.price but before the prices went up you could get a family ticket for 2 adults and 2 juniors for about £580. Similar seats in the canton would be over £800

Ah right, that's a considerable jump. It's unfortunate situation.
2blue2handle

Postby 8ballpottingmachine » Sun May 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Wayne S wrote:

399 each adult and 99 each child so pretty much 1000 pound. Compared to 560 or 580 in the family stand.
8ballpottingmachine

Postby 8ballpottingmachine » Sun May 27, 2018 11:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:

Keep on contacting the ticket office mate. There may be some returned. I know its unlikely with the Premier League coming but people to have a change of circumstances and move seats.

Cheers Wayne, have tried this a few times :) :thumbright:
8ballpottingmachine

Postby pembroke allan » Mon May 28, 2018 8:11 am

What's the difference in seats you quote £35/40 up to people if they want to wait for cheaper seats but thats a risk if none available at start season? It could be that those seats are left for the 3k walk up fans on match day?
pembroke allan

Postby wez1927 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:28 am

People had the chance to buy season tickets at the cheaper price and didnt so tough luck, 500 for premiership football is nothing
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Lawnmower » Mon May 28, 2018 8:39 am

Apart from the odd one here or there it looks Kfs like £460 is the cheapest adult ticket left.

Still selling too, each week hundred or so, with probably something like 1000-1200 total left.

Doesn’t look like there will be a lot left by start of the season- if any.

Just the 3000 ish for match day sales, plus Amy left overs from the 3k away allocations, which may happen for maybe half our games, but they will most likely be the ones of little interest to the casual fan... Leicester, Burnley, Fulham, Huddersfield, Watford, Bournemouth, maybe Brighton , Southampton, Palace, Wolves
Lawnmower

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:52 am

Nah I don't think it's the case. They will be steadly increasing.
They offer APR free payment plan. So I dont think that's an issue.

£21 per game is great for prem football
bluebird7291

Postby paulh_85 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Must be up around 22k already now?
paulh_85

Postby Ruislip Blue » Mon May 28, 2018 5:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:People had the chance to buy season tickets at the cheaper price and didnt so tough luck, 500 for premiership football is nothing

Is the correct answer :clap:
Ruislip Blue

Postby harold pinta » Mon May 28, 2018 10:30 pm

8ballpottingmachine wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

399 each adult and 99 each child so pretty much 1000 pound. Compared to 560 or 580 in the family stand.

I’m in the Canton and I paid £299 and £49 each for my kids. But then I didn’t wait to find out if we’d be playing in the Premier League.

That would equate to £696 for 2 adults and 2 kids. A bargain in the Championship, never mind the top flight.
harold pinta

Postby Wayne S » Mon May 28, 2018 11:06 pm

harold pinta wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I’m in the Canton and I paid £299 and £49 each for my kids. But then I didn’t wait to find out if we’d be playing in the Premier League.

That would equate to £696 for 2 adults and 2 kids. A bargain in the Championship, never mind the top flight.

When the price was £696 for a family in the Canton it was only £549 in the Family Stand for early birds. That's a decent discount for similar seats.
Wayne S

Postby Wayne S » Tue May 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Is the Season Ticket online page available to anyone? Seems to be gone.
Wayne S

Postby fred keenor » Tue May 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Dissapeared for me as well
fred keenor

Postby Ninian Road Blue » Tue May 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Bought two season tickets before we made automatic promotion, at a price I thought was a good investment even for championship football. We have never held a season ticket before. I thought it best to start my boy a blue bird as we live 1/2 an hour from the ground, also i didn’t fancy him following the premier league top six teams that so many of my generation supports.
Ninian Road Blue

Postby Wayne S » Wed May 30, 2018 7:00 am

Ninian Road Blue wrote:Bought two season tickets before we made automatic promotion, at a price I thought was a good investment even for championship football. We have never held a season ticket before. I thought it best to start my boy a blue bird as we live 1/2 an hour from the ground, also i didn’t fancy him following the premier league top six teams that so many of my generation supports.

That's exactly what my dad did for me when I was 6 or 7.

He had no interest in sport but I came home from school one day and said I wanted a Leeds kit. I know, strike me down now, you can also tell how old I am by my choice of successful club.

He then started taking me to Ninian Park and I've never looked back.

The funny thing is we had been going down the city for three months come Christmas time and my mother STILL bought me a Leeds kit for Christmas. :lol:
Wayne S

Postby Bluebina » Wed May 30, 2018 7:13 am

Wayne S wrote:

Family stand tickets are amazing value, I would have put the price up to say £760, you may have got them then ?
Bluebina

Postby Wayne S » Wed May 30, 2018 8:18 am

fred keenor wrote:Dissapeared for me as well

Back up now with the odd ticket in the heart of the Canton Stand.
Wayne S

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:52 pm

What happened overnight on the ticket website?

There were only about 90 ST's left in the lower bowl and just in the one grandstand corner.

This morning we are up at around 200 left and available all over with a few available in the Canton.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180616-154853_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180616-154853_Chrome.jpg (288.03 KiB) Viewed 2693 times
Wayne S

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:25 pm

£25 for premiership football is good value compared to some clubs so if cannot afford £500 would previous price be any easier as Club set out what they were doing and people knew prices would rise if promoted so not sure club done anything wrong.
pembroke allan

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:52 am

Wayne S wrote:What happened overnight on the ticket website?

There were only about 90 ST's left in the lower bowl and just in the one grandstand corner.

This morning we are up at around 200 left and available all over with a few available in the Canton.

Perhaps the ticket office have just got around to releasing the tickets of the ones who’s finance had been declined ?
Lawnmower

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 am

I think the club have got it right. I mean as a long term season ticket holder you need some benefits compared with someone coming all now who hasn't had a ST over the last year or so. If people really want to support us I don't think an extra £50-£100 or whatever it is will put people off. We will prob sell a few more between now and the beg of the season and the other thing is don't forget the memberships too that people will buy.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby dogfound » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:26 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I think the club have got it right. I mean as a long term season ticket holder you need some benefits compared with someone coming all now who hasn't had a ST over the last year or so. If people really want to support us I don't think an extra £50-£100 or whatever it is will put people off. We will prob sell a few more between now and the beg of the season and the other thing is don't forget the memberships too that people will buy.

all this talk about benefit or reward for long termers....
when we reached the FA cup final and thousands and thousands jumped onboard buying STs to ensure they had a final ticket ,as a long termer at the time i was chuffed to bits.......cant get my head around all those feeling rewarded because someone sat to the right is having to pay more than while the seat behind is empty...
the only people that SAVED money by buying early are those that only really wanted to watch prem football because had we remaioned in the championship i doubt the prices would have gone up..?
dogfound

Next

Return to General Chat