Happy With The Fixtures?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Happy With The Fixtures?

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:34 am

Although away for the first game it could have been a lot harder start for City, 3 games to try and pick up some points before Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City & Spurs in 4 of the next 5 games!

Shame we haven’t got the chance to catch a ‘big team’ cold at the start of the season

Overall thoughts of the fixtures?
bridgendbluebird30

Happy With The Fixtures?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Happy With The Fixtures?

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 am

Very happy with it.

There are a few nice periods in there where I can see us picking up points. November and Feb.

Also, yes we have a horrible last few games, but how often have we seen the big boys lose to a 'low' team in the run in? Possibly the best time to play them if we are needing points! Would rather that than a rival who might also be fighting for survival!

Anyway, we'll be top ten at, why worry :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
jimmy_rat

Postby RFMH » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:01 am

Not a huge fan of away opening and closing games of the season.
RFMH

Postby KWest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 am

Very happy. Those first three in particular are great for us
KWest

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:41 am

Yes. If they stay at these kick off times :D
buckleys brewery

Postby salopiancity » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:56 am

Great for me. I’m away on hols at the beginning of the season but I only miss Newcastle. Happy bunny. :ayatollah: :lol: :thumbup:
salopiancity

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 pm

rather Newcastle away, get it out the way and sell it out
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 pm

I know we will be looking at those first three fixtures in a positive way, and hoping we can get some early points on the board. I'm also sure that those three teams will be looking at us and thinking they have a guaranteed three points in the bag. We won't have any easy games at this level, and every point is going to have to be worked for. We know that our players will battle for 90 minutes and give 100%, can't ask for more than that.
Steve Zodiak

Postby FloridaBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:02 am

World Cup set to do us a lot of favours.. a lot of top team players will be knackered having not had a decent break
FloridaBluebird

Postby davids » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:41 am

No I'm not overly happy but I love a moan!

Away first and last games not good. Fulham start and finish at home. Wolves start at home.

Really tough last away game especially if we need something.

Four out of the last six games of the season are away from home including both Manchester clubs.

We have Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City in a row in September - Fulham don't play any consecutive games against "top 6" teams until March when they have consecutive home games against Liverpool and Man City.

Man City, Man United and Liverpool to play in our last six matches - Fulham have no "top 6" teams to play in their last six games :o , Wolves have United and Liverpool.

Certainly we have had the worst deal of the promoted teams and as far as I can see we have been done no favours by the fixture computer - "fix" being the appropriate word I think.

My worry is that even if we pick up points during what should be the "easier" fixtures in the middle of the season that our difficult run in could well cause us to be dragged into a dogfight at the end of the season.

Hopefully we'll have qualified for Europe before those last six games! :thumbup:
davids

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:27 am

Don’t giv a fuk about the fixtures we have to play each team at some point makes no difference at all.
BobbyBlue

Return to General Chat