Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pilkington and Tomlin

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:11 am

What happens to them if no football league, SPL or foreign clubs come in for them before the deadline? Are they still Cardiff players on a salary here but cannot play for us as they are not in the 25 or are they automatically free agents?

Re: Pilkington and Tomlin

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:15 am

Bob Bank Bluebird wrote:What happens to them if no football league, SPL or foreign clubs come in for them before the deadline? Are they still Cardiff players on a salary here but cannot play for us as they are not in the 25 or are they automatically free agents?

they are under contract so we still have to pay them..

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:16 am

Can’t play for us but still under contract, Tomlin has been a costly mistake

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:17 am

I'm guessing they can still play U21 football for us.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:22 am

Cheers guys. Yeah massive shame this, I personally think both could still offer something in the prem with Pilks having 75 appearances at that level and Tomlin having that touch of magic but obviously wasn't meant to be. I do feel sorry for Pilks mind, has been nothing but a top professional here, deserves a good club.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:26 am

They can’t play any premier league games that’s all.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Should have included pilks imo,and left out Connolly who is an average player,and certainly not good enough for prem,as previous post says,at least pilks has two years worth of prem experience??too late i know,and just my opinion.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:18 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Should have included pilks imo,and left out Connolly who is an average player,and certainly not good enough for prem,as previous post says,at least pilks has two years worth of prem experience??too late i know,and just my opinion.

Ones a midfielder ones a defender you haven’t thought this through properly have you?

Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 am

With nml out for three months,it would make sense to add one of these to our current squad,rather than go with 24 players,cant see it happening,but if no other clubs,are prepared to pay their wages,makes sense to use one

Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:49 am

KBK-13 wrote:Can’t play for us but still under contract, Tomlin has been a costly mistake

Something seriously amiss with Tomlin.
What a waste of talent, should have been one of the first names on the 25 list but has thrown it all away.
Never moved down to Cardiff, problems with his fitness which NW spoke about at xmas.
Court case .
So dissapointing, happy to take his wage and not step up as asked.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 pm

caerblue wrote:With nml out for three months,it would make sense to add one of these to our current squad,rather than go with 24 players,cant see it happening,but if no other clubs,are prepared to pay their wages,makes sense to use one

But there’s those things called rules stopping us.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Yes i did think it through llan wasn't concerned what position they play? Connolly is dire was my point.sorry if it was taken as a swap,one for the other,was talking experience in prem with pilks,something I dont see connolly getting any time in the near future,unless we have more injuries?and feck the usual"connolly can play anywhere at the back" bolloxs.he has taken a valuable space,on the back of what tho??

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
caerblue wrote:With nml out for three months,it would make sense to add one of these to our current squad,rather than go with 24 players,cant see it happening,but if no other clubs,are prepared to pay their wages,makes sense to use one

That all depends on what the true rules actually are then i suppose,from threads already on here,everyone has a different opinion,some are saying you can replace a player because the 25 man squads aint confirmed,from your reply you seem to definately know,so may be you can let us know

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:22 pm

caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

That all depends on what the true rules actually are then i suppose,from threads already on here,everyone has a different opinion,some are saying you can replace a player because the 25 man squads aint confirmed,from your reply you seem to definately know,so may be you can let us know

someone on another thread said clubs have until 10pm today to change players.its not at all clear.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 pm

deadmouse wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

someone on another thread said clubs have until 10pm today to change players.its not at all clear.

Provided the PL Board agree to the change which unless it's a Goalkeeper the chances are slim to nothing.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:36 pm

deadmouse wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

The only place it isn’t clear is to some of the people on this board.

You cannot change your 25 man squad.

An exception would be if we had two goalkeepers get injured we would be allowed to register another one. Even if one was injured an we still had two we’d have to just cope with it.

I don’t understand why people think it would be easy to just take people out of the squad and add someone else what the f**k would be the point in them.

So basically unless our goalkeepers all brake there leg or catch malaria in training our squad is our squad until January.

If Zohore gets injured during this time we can’t just take him out of the squad and replace him with anybody else we’d have to use the other 24 players in the squad as that is the point of registering 25 players. It isn’t rocket science but to many on here twisting a bottle of pop open is like doing open heart surgery.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:20 pm

I see your judging posters again llan blue,maybe not ALL are sure,as you are,but you keep on judging! You seem very adept in doing so you little superfan you.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

An exception would be if we had two goalkeepers get injured we would be allowed to register another one. Even if one was injured an we still had two we’d have to just cope with it.

I don’t understand why people think it would be easy to just take people out of the squad and add someone else what the f**k would be the point in them.

So basically unless our goalkeepers all brake there leg or catch malaria in training our squad is our squad until January.

If Zohore gets injured during this time we can’t just take him out of the squad and replace him with anybody else we’d have to use the other 24 players in the squad as that is the point of registering 25 players. It isn’t rocket science but to many on here twisting a bottle of pop open is like doing open heart surgery.

What about in January when the window opens ,

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

You can change a player in the 25 squad for a free signing up untill the deadline

Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:26 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

according to this its not very clear to the Daily Express either. https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... e-West-Ham
or Ladbrokes who according to the article have Fulham and Arsenal joint favourites to sign him.
some of the clubs mentioned have since denied any interest but not one has mentioned its against the rules or said anything about pop bottles.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:31 pm

bluesince62 wrote:I see your judging posters again llan blue,maybe not ALL are sure,as you are,but you keep on judging! You seem very adept in doing so you little superfan you.

Yeah I’m judging people’s stupidity.

Don’t have to be a super fan to understand that there’d be no point in naming 25 man squads in they had the hokey kokey rule where they were players were in out in out Incase they’d been shooken about.

It’s not rocket science.

As usual people on here take something so very simple and crate it into something complicated.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:36 pm

deadmouse wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

according to this its not very clear to the Daily Express either. https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... e-West-Ham
or Ladbrokes who according to the article have Fulham and Arsenal joint favourites to sign him.
some of the clubs mentioned have since denied any interest but not one has mentioned its against the rules or said anything about pop bottles.

Where have I said you can’t sign a a free agent?

You can’t add anybody to you 25 man squad.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:38 pm

Walinoz wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
deadmouse wrote:
caerblue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

What about in January when the window opens ,

Missed the line where it says our squad is our squad until January did you?

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:21 pm

Watched a video interview with Tomlin and, he does come across as a bit of a dunce. Talent in abundance no doubt but, his intellect is questionable.

And he thinks himself that this is what holds him back. So, if he feels that he's not getting "loved" or "appreciated" by the club then that reflects down on his confidence and attitude.

He states in the interview that if he is not liked then he won't pull his weight and this has all transformed into his personal life where off field problems have followed him around.

Talent is not enough for Tomlin. His mental deficiencies do directly affect how he reacts to his on field activity and, if its against him you won't get the 100% from him.

That seems to be the case with Tomlin and Cardiff City.

Needs to be cuddled in cotton wool rather than work at his game. A career going nowhere fast

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:28 pm

KBK-13 wrote:Can’t play for us but still under contract, Tomlin has been a costly mistake

Wasted £millions on him

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:38 pm

So both did not move on?
5 months of no competitive football for both.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:26 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:The only place it isn’t clear is to some of the people on this board.

An exception would be if we had two goalkeepers get injured we would be allowed to register another one.

Next time you start calling everyone on this MB thick just make sure you haven't posted a stupid sounding contradiction "Cannot change your 25 man squad an exception would be goalkeepers"

If you cannot change your squad then why is there an exception?

FYI the rules don't actually state it is goalkeepers only. They state a change can be made at anytime outside of a transfer window provided permission is given by the PL Board.

However, it would need exceptional circumstances for them to do so. Goalkeeper is the most likely scenario but it is possible although highly unlikely that a club could change an outfield player.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Wasted £millions on him

True but I think NW more than balanced the books by getting us promoted :occasion5:

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:14 am

Should have kept these two experienced players who can score goals from the bench in squad and let youngsters like Harris and Darmour go out on loan to Championship clubs to get more experience.