Warnock borrowed time

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock borrowed time

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:35 pm

If Cardiff City lose to Fulham I believe that will be time up for Neil Warnock. Mutually agreed terms between the board and warnock will settle this matter, giving the club a chance of turning their fortunes around. It’s clear Tan didn’t really want to give Warnock much money to spend. So if he wants to keep value within the clubs selling price he will have to act now.
Kingyccfc

Warnock borrowed time

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock borrowed time

Postby avondaleblue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Well if Tan didn't want to spend much money in the transfer window I can't see him spending big bucks to bring in a BIG manager to keep us up. I hope he sticks with Warnock we've seen what happens when teams panic and change managers regularly.
avondaleblue

Postby fred keenor » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:11 pm

And have another handbrake turn on playing style?
Stick with NW and if the worst comes to the worst , he will get us back up next season.
Then will be the time to step down.
fred keenor

Postby City Slicker » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:12 pm

I can't see any useful money being spent in January and I can't see Tan getting rid of Neil either. However, I think there's a good chance he'll walk just to salvage some of his reputation. I feel for him because he hasn't been given a fair crack.
City Slicker

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Tan didn’t trust Warnock with his money. A higher profile manager would of had double the amount, that is in no doubt in my opinion.
Kingyccfc

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:20 pm

Tan will spend in Jan and spend without Warnock. New manager compete until Jan then we give good funds with survival bonuses included
Kingyccfc

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:Tan didn’t trust Warnock with his money. A higher profile manager would of had double the amount, that is in no doubt in my opinion.

And in my opinion your talking bollox.A higher profile manager be fucked that will want alot more money with no guarantees yes I can see them queing up now.Your opinion is based on hearsay bullshite as you don't know what Tan is thinking.
Sneggyblubird

Postby RV Casual » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:32 pm

fred keenor wrote:Stick with NW and if the worst comes to the worst , he will get us back up next season.

I think he should stay, I'm actually relatively happy with performances and think we have shown enough to suggest we can pick up enough points against our 'rivals' to have a go at staying up.

However, what you have said get's said a lot on here and I just can't see it, I honestly believe that if we stay up or go down Warnock will leave at the end of the season on his OWN accord, so the idea of him getting us back up next season I don't buy into.

If we stay up, why would he stay? He would have taken us as far as he could and the type of character he is I think he would look for another challenge.

If we go down, the challenge would be to achieve something he's already achieved, again I don't think the type of character or person he is he would be interested. I think he would leave and try to get another Club up, maybe Sheffield United if the job came up.

So all in all, I think he should stay, BUT if we are 8 points or more away from safety come the end of November I wouldn't blame the Club for looking at it.
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Whatever happens one thing is for sure NW will leave with his reputation enhanced as a manager who turns clubs around. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:Tan didn’t trust Warnock with his money. A higher profile manager would of had double the amount, that is in no doubt in my opinion.

And in my opinion your talking bollox.A higher profile manager be fucked that will want alot more money with no guarantees yes I can see them queing up now.Your opinion is based on hearsay bullshite as you don't know what Tan is thinking.[/

Why do you think he didn't give him much to spend? He doesn't rate him or trust his top flight experience. The guy is loaded and he could of easily given more. Tan has already put the wheels in motion for Warnock's departure. It's obvious to see Tan doesn't rate good old Neil. He knows he has made a mistake here and should of said thank you as soon as warnock said he doesn't like the premier League. He knows his limitations as a manager and right now he's proving it.
Kingyccfc

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

And in my opinion your talking bollox.A higher profile manager be fucked that will want alot more money with no guarantees yes I can see them queing up now.Your opinion is based on hearsay bullshite as you don't know what Tan is thinking.[/

Why do you think he didn't give him much to spend? He doesn't rate him or trust his top flight experience. The guy is loaded and he could of easily given more. Tan has already put the wheels in motion for Warnock's departure. It's obvious to see Tan doesn't rate good old Neil. He knows he has made a mistake here and should of said thank you as soon as warnock said he doesn't like the premier League. He knows his limitations as a manager and right now he's proving it.

We know why our budget was so small. Tan has told us. He has promised to make the club free of debt by the time he leaves us. The debt was huge, even taking into account the debt that has been converted to shares. There is no way he can make the club debt free by continuing to throw vast sums of money into it. Tan does'nt love the club in the way fans do. It is purely business, and he did not make his fortune by making the same mistakes repeatedly.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

how on earth is he proving it..
he has a team that nobody thought could or should be promoted and was probably 30 mill short on quality to even be a top championship side
we are at the moment mostly giving established prem sides a competitive game with whats basically a championship side
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:22 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

We know why our budget was so small. Tan has told us. He has promised to make the club free of debt by the time he leaves us. The debt was huge, even taking into account the debt that has been converted to shares. There is no way he can make the club debt free by continuing to throw vast sums of money into it. Tan does'nt love the club in the way fans do. It is purely business, and he did not make his fortune by making the same mistakes repeatedly.

I have never understood this..
if you turned up tomorrow with an acceptable offer lets say 100 mill you believe the debts would remain.?
I don't because they are not third party debts
dogfound

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I know there is meant to be a sustainable business model for the club and debt reduction, but no ambition from the board and management creates an exception for failure. All this talk of moral victories by losing to spurs today is a bit sad.
Tan doesn't need to through vast sums of money around. The club is receiving huge revenue right now so he should maintain his investment and keep his business strong and competitive.
Kingyccfc

Postby Mr Shed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:34 pm

Vincent Tan would be a fool to get rid of Warnock. The best manager this club has had in decades. Whatever happens this season, there is a much better atmosphere around the club now. There is no one that fits this club and what it stands for than Neil Warnock.
We'll be lucky to stay up, but im ok with that. We win either way.
Stay up, we strengthen and aim higher next season.
Go down, we are financially better off and have a crackin championship squad.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby Mr Shed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I know there is meant to be a sustainable business model for the club and debt reduction, but no ambition from the board and management creates an exception for failure. All this talk of moral victories by losing to spurs today is a bit sad.
Tan doesn't need to through vast sums of money around. The club is receiving huge revenue right now so he should maintain his investment and keep his business strong and competitive.

Of course there is ambition from the club and management.

The ambition is to build a club for the future with a great financial stance, good academy and eventually an established premier league status. Most grown ups understand it may mean being a yo yo club for a few seasons to achieve that. Theres a long way to go yet.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:44 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Vincent Tan would be a fool to get rid of Warnock. The best manager this club has had in decades. Whatever happens this season, there is a much better atmosphere around the club now. There is no one that fits this club and what it stands for than Neil Warnock.

To be honest the only place I hear people saying Warnock is on borrowed time is on this forum. When I talk to fans at the ground and in pubs and clubs, they are mainly united in their support of Warnock. I think there are a tiny minority who think he should be relieved of his duties, and it looks like they are all members of this forum.
Steve Zodiak

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:30 pm

Well your oppinion stinks imo
troobloo3339

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Vincent Tan would be a fool to get rid of Warnock. The best manager this club has had in decades. Whatever happens this season, there is a much better atmosphere around the club now. There is no one that fits this club and what it stands for than Neil Warnock.

To be honest the only place I hear people saying Warnock is on borrowed time is on this forum. When I talk to fans at the ground and in pubs and clubs, they are mainly united in their support of Warnock. I think there are a tiny minority who think he should be relieved of his duties, and it looks like they are all members of this forum.

Well 3 k of us stayed to applaud the team and warnock today after the game
troobloo3339

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Then you are all mugs
Kingyccfc

Postby Igovernor » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Then you are all mugs[/quote

And so it is out, another plastic showing your true colors it is you who is the mug , been supporting city since god was a boy, have you, I bet you have only been supporting city for 5 minutes, and you are probably very young, but if you are not then you are just thick!
Igovernor

Postby Kingyccfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:47 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Then you are all mugs[/quote

And so it is out, another plastic showing your true colors it is you who is the mug , been supporting city since god was a boy, have you, I bet you have only been supporting city for 5 minutes, and you are probably very young, but if you are not then you are just thick!

Oh the plastic title that gets thrown about when somebody questions Cardiff's loyal fan base. I have been around long enough. So I guess it makes me thick.
Kingyccfc

Postby Bobbankh123 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 am

I've been a season ticket holder for 20 years.I was there when there was less than 3000 in ninian park and I'm sure all the "loyal to Warnock till death brigade were there too"

I get told I'm a newbie plastic too.

Fact is Warnock has made some daft decisions this year and it's costs us.

I don't belive tan would have backed another manager more. Tan is still not happy about being burned by Malky and OGS.
Bobbankh123

Postby Bonner » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:45 am

Hmmm.. this board does attract a few attention seekers/ multi user name users, jacks...but guess it amuses them .
Bonner

Postby fred keenor » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:57 am

This season now feels about endurance, but we still have the best man in charge.
Tan needs to decide if he wants a sustainable premier league club and all that goes with it, ie the finances.
Difficult as he has been let down before but going into the PL with so little influx of quality, was always going to be so hard.
fred keenor

Postby Kingyccfc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 am

Bonner wrote:Hmmm.. this board does attract a few attention seekers/ multi user name users, jacks...but guess it amuses them .

I can assure you I ain't no plastic. I'm just pissing about. The problem we have though is the huge lack of ambition from Tan and Warnock is embarrassing. Tan has a tendency to react after making mistakes, he made one by not backing his manager in the summer. I just think he can do something about that now. He needs to because Warnock has taken them as far as he can. Tans investment is worth more in this league than the ones below. I think he is a reactive guy and he won't except many more defeats. Warnocks reputation has not been damaged really because most of the media are still praising him from last year, but that's last year.
Just my opinion but this bad run can't go on much longer. The hierarchy and management are failing at their jobs right now, and there is only one person who can do anything about it.
Kingyccfc

Postby Bonner » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:02 am

Kingyccfc wrote:
Bonner wrote:Hmmm.. this board does attract a few attention seekers/ multi user name users, jacks...but guess it amuses them .

I can assure you I ain't no plastic. I'm just pissing about. The problem we have though is the huge lack of ambition from Tan and Warnock is embarrassing. Tan has a tendency to react after making mistakes, he made one by not backing his manager in the summer. I just think he can do something about that now. He needs to because Warnock has taken them as far as he can. Tans investment is worth more in this league than the ones below. I think he is a reactive guy and he won't except many more defeats. Warnocks reputation has not been damaged really because most of the media are still praising him from last year, but that's last year.
Just my opinion but this bad run can't go on much longer. The hierarchy and management are failing at their jobs right now, and there is only one person who can do anything about it.

Ok, always better when threads posted are backed with op opinion.
That’s what football is about as a fan, opinion.. and supporting your club.
I believe in Warnock, whatever happens, think in Jan he be given the money to add quality, I don’t think it will be too late then, however, even if we do go down I believe he will be the man to take us back up..as DYche did with Burnley...
individual errors have cost us points this season. Not Warnock fault.. watching the team yesterday they grew as game went on, they can compete at this level, just need to get that finisher..do believe Bobby needs to be given a few gamesz
Bonner

Postby psw78 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 am

Talk of Warnock going is absurd - remember where we were two years ago both on and off the field.

Anybody that expected anything other than a relegation fight this season needs to manage their expectations - we’ve had a crazily difficult start playing the current top 6 in our first 8 games, with 5 of those being the ‘traditional big 6’.

Whilst we haven’t got the results, the performances for the most part have been decent - I’ve seen enough to believe that if we can keep the level of performance, become a bit more clinical and get a bit of luck we can start turning those performances into points and wins.

Did we under invest in the summer? Depends what the strategy was. Had Warnock got everything right - absolutely not. However we are where we are with the squad and I can’t think of a single manager (who would come to us) who would do a better job of getting players to perform above their level and on that basis he gives us the best chance of staying up - and if we do go down, he is surely the best person to bring us back up - this time with more quality at his disposal.
psw78

Postby Kingyccfc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:23 am

psw78 wrote:Talk of Warnock going is absurd - remember where we were two years ago both on and off the field.

Anybody that expected anything other than a relegation fight this season needs to manage their expectations - we’ve had a crazily difficult start playing the current top 6 in our first 8 games, with 5 of those being the ‘traditional big 6’.

Whilst we haven’t got the results, the performances for the most part have been decent - I’ve seen enough to believe that if we can keep the level of performance, become a bit more clinical and get a bit of luck we can start turning those performances into points and wins.

Did we under invest in the summer? Depends what the strategy was. Had Warnock got everything right - absolutely not. However we are where we are with the squad and I can’t think of a single manager (who would come to us) who would do a better job of getting players to perform above their level and on that basis he gives us the best chance of staying up - and if we do go down, he is surely the best person to bring us back up - this time with more quality at his disposal.

I didn't expect anything other than a relegation fight this season. I'm just saying I believe Tan doesn't rate Warnock at this level. He has not given him a chance. I would love it if Warnock achieved safety, but we all know it ain't gonna happen. All this talk of bouncing back like Burnley and what Wba used to do is not really a strong plan. We need to be strong now whilst we are here not next year and not come back for years.
Kingyccfc

Postby Walinoz » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 am

Spot on ,
Walinoz

Next

Return to General Chat