Radio presenter Says Cardiff are the worst Premier Side ever

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Top radio presenter launches blistering assault on Cardiff City — the 'worst side Premier League he has ever seen' -

JASON CUNDY:

"I feel sorry for Warnock, I feel sorry for the fans."

By Ian Miltchelmore

Wednesday 10th October 2018

Former Chelsea and Tottenham star Jason Cundy claims Cardiff City are devaluing the Premier League.

He launched his tirade on his talkSPORT radio show. Cundy is one of the station's flagship presenters.

Cundy reckons Neil Warnock's Bluebirds are on course to be the worst side in Premier League history, joining a recent line of pundits from across the Severn Bridge to have a pop.

Cardiff have endured a difficult start, collecting just two points from their opening eight league outings and are yet to taste victory. Their narrow loss to Tottenham on Saturday saw the Bluebirds sink to the foot of the table.

Some Bluebirds fans are outraged at some of the criticism being directed their way and won't be happy with what Cundy had to say.

JASON CUNDY:

"Derby had 11 points I believe it was," said Cundy, whilst discussing Cardiff's fortunes on the show.

"Statistically, they have been the worst Premier League side, Derby. I wouldn't put it past them (Cardiff) to go very close to that.

"They've come in, and I know how tough the Premier League is, I'm under no illusions, but you do look at some teams and think 'what's the point?

"I don't expect them to go out and make signings of £60m, £70m or £80m, but you do think to yourself, realistically, what are your chances of staying in this division if you're not going to make an effort, so to speak?

"They've brought in a lad from Norwich, Josh Murphy. They brought in Bobby Reid from Bristol City. But after that it's a couple of loans they've got in.

"It's not the sort of assault on the Premier League that you'd say, they're trying to stay in this league. They're not. They're just there.

"I feel sorry for Warnock, I feel sorry for the fans."

"They exceeded expectations last season by getting promoted. Neil Warnock did a remarkable job. But that hard work they did last year, they've come in and they're getting battered every week. They got beat by Burnley at home.

"They went away to Spurs at the weekend, and it was always going to be tough, they went down to 10 men and you could argue that perhaps on another day they might get something out of it, but they could be relegated by Christmas."

When asked on air if he feels Cardiff's efforts are devaluing the division, Cundy responded: "Yes it does. If you're across the world watching this and you're paying a huge subscription fee, with the millions that are coming in, Cardiff aren't enhancing the league, they're not making the Premier League better.

"You've got to be realistic about your chances of staying in this division, it's a brutal league.

"But Cardiff, they've had two points after eight games. When can you see them picking up their next point?

"The writing's on the wall and we're eight games in. They are on course to be the worst side the Premier League has seen.

"And we are in the richest times the Premier League has seen. I think it's pretty poor."

Cundy has previous with Welsh football, having labelled Chris Coleman's Wales team as a "Dog and Duck Sunday League side" during Euro 2016 while he also branded Swansea City as the "turd" of the Premier League last term.

Cardiff go in search of their first victory of the season when they host fellow strugglers Fulham in the Welsh capital after the international break.

Warnock may well use the words of Cardiff's growing army of critics — which Cundy has just joined — to try to fire up his side in the dressing room.
Attachments
GettyImages-85873305.jpg
GettyImages-85873305.jpg (58 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
1_Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg
1_Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League.jpg (46.15 KiB) Viewed 4965 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Radio presenter Says Cardiff are the worst Premier Side

Postby rhondda 1015 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:02 pm

I may well be in the minority, but at the moment I agree with him.
Attachments
D5730E6B-7BAC-4AEC-850C-17E180BB9AE5.jpeg
D5730E6B-7BAC-4AEC-850C-17E180BB9AE5.jpeg (312.92 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:03 pm

What the t++t basically saying only teams that are willng to spend money are acceptable for premiership, teams who don't have rich owners shouldn't have aspirations of getting promotion? Wether it be to premiership or any league as going up means investment. Pathetic statement by him. :evil:
pembroke allan

Postby avondaleblue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:04 pm

The list of knob heads grows all the time. We're not exactly cut adrift at the bottom, hell Newcastle and Huddersfield were there last year so they should be way ahead of us. Jason Cunty name says it all!
avondaleblue

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Cundy is the latest in a long line of idiotic talk sport presenters

Desperately tries to be controversial, but constantly contradicts himself and is a very, very poor presenter

Apart from Hawksby and Jacobs the whole station is a bit of a shambles

I don’t know why the media is shocked.. Everyone knows getting promoted was a minor miracle and we haven’t spent a fortune because we are trying to reduce our debt and live within our means

Chances are we will get relegated but we will keep fighting to the last game and who knows with a bit of luck we might just stay up...we certainly won’t be relegated by Christmas like this clown thinks
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Gaynor Straight » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:31 pm

4 teams have accumulated just 1 point from their first 8 games so we're not the worst.
Palace only had 3 points after 8 games last season and finished 11th on 44.
He can feck off
Gaynor Straight

Postby theclaw » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 pm

If that’s what he said he’s a P@@@k,have a prediction that we’ll go down by all means but don’t say we devalue the premier league cos there’s no rules on that.
We earned the right to be there and no one can ever deny us that,if we decided how much we wanted to spend or what type of football we play that’s our choice.
f**k Off Jason Cunty :wave:
theclaw

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Has he been spelling his name wrong his entire life?

:banghead: Prick
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby T1JMO » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Unless we start picking up some points quickly it's hard to really argue with what he is saying...
T1JMO

Postby Kingyccfc » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:11 pm

We are an easy target for these lot. We can call it lazy presenting if we like but that’s what this league is like. Must be a quite day at Talk Sport towers. I hope the team show everybody is wrong about them, even me.
Kingyccfc

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:We are an easy target for these lot. We can call it lazy presenting if we like but that’s what this league is like. Must be a quite day at Talk Sport towers. I hope the team show everybody is wrong about them, even me.

I'm glad you added those last so words ("even me") because there's few find the current Cardiff City squad an easier target than you! ;) :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby skiprat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Depends if we beat Derbys all time low premier league points total until then shut the **** up.
skiprat

Postby Kingyccfc » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Sven wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:We are an easy target for these lot. We can call it lazy presenting if we like but that’s what this league is like. Must be a quite day at Talk Sport towers. I hope the team show everybody is wrong about them, even me.

I'm glad you added those last so words ("even me") because there's few find the current Cardiff City squad an easier target than you! ;) :(

I want to be proved wrong. Warnock send your boys out there and prove you belong in this league. If they don’t then as professionals expect criticism. Rise to the challenge and destroy it. :ayatollah:
Kingyccfc

Postby Bluesman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:18 pm

It said in the report Jason Candy STAR of Spurs and Chelsea. Star they are deluded he was a second rate player at best.
Bluesman

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:35 pm

I hope to god I’m wrong. I listen to the show and have to agree with him he’s spot on. He never said we didn’t earn our place. What’s more Goldstein kept opening the lines up for a city fan but no one called until some guy rung up and banged the nail on the head. Saying he agreed with Jason and that we could only dream of achieving what the gypo’s did.

Hope the pair of them are wrong but personally can’t see it.

Anyone got a spare pair of rose tinted glasses for me please??
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Rearrange the D and replace it with T in his surname and you won't be wrong :lol:

I can see his point though, our signings have been shite and I'm one of the many who think we'l be relegated
Wolfpac

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 pm

I'm sure these people have never watched us play? f**k em!
jimmy_rat

Postby jimmy_rat » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:05 pm

What I also don't get is why Fulham aren't getting both barrels? They're woeful. And have spent 150m this summer to sit 3 points better off than us...
jimmy_rat

Postby montyblue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:12 pm

I have said it and will say again and again "cardiff wales" english league english tv radio programs english presenters we are on the same points as the english club called newcastle what have all these people got to say about them f..k all because there english. Cymru am byth .
montyblue

Postby DEANO » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:39 pm

I have to agree unfortunately look at the tactics against Burnley kicking for touch was a game plan
DEANO

Postby montyblue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:39 pm

We could do with making a song about this w..k.r along with mr clean gary lineaker and harry kane and i can' t believe where's the the welsh pundids savage, radcliffe,barry horne, dean saunders all been on 5 live talk sport etc perhaps they could slag off an english team but there more likely to join them along with a few on this forum we all know we are nor going to set the prem alight but we could put this lot on a boat down the thames and set that alight,"metaphorically speaking" . pi..ed off with been the butt end of english presenters having a swipe at us can' t these messages be sent to mr choo and tan and blown up and put on the wall of the cardiff city dressing room, its about time we kicked back especially neil rather than been to nice lets start bitting back.
montyblue

Postby City Slicker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:I hope to god I’m wrong. I listen to the show and have to agree with him he’s spot on. He never said we didn’t earn our place. What’s more Goldstein kept opening the lines up for a city fan but no one called until some guy rung up and banged the nail on the head. Saying he agreed with Jason and that we could only dream of achieving what the gypo’s did.

Hope the pair of them are wrong but personally can’t see it.

Anyone got a spare pair of rose tinted glasses for me please??

I agree with you and in fairness Cundy did say he felt sorry for Warnock and us fans so I appreciate him saying that. I too feel sorry for Warnock, while trying to hold my own head up. Whatever happens I think this will prove to be an extraordinary season.

Sorry I ain't got any glasses for you though mate ;)
City Slicker

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

I want to be proved wrong. Warnock send your boys out there and prove you belong in this league. If they don’t then as professionals expect criticism. Rise to the challenge and destroy it. :ayatollah:

Nah, I genuinely think your whole tone says you'd be genuinely disappointed if that (improvement) happens! :(

And I'm looking at your "send your boys out there" comment...

Surely as Cardiff City supporters, they're "our" boys? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby goats » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Where is our next point coming from he says? Probably our next 4 or 5 homes games, how thick is this arsewipe?
Wolves have only played 1 team in the top 6 I believe. The next few weeks will define this season.
goats

Postby Ninianman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:09 pm

The guy is a dipshit,i too listened to some of the shite until i could stick no more,he also said that the PL should cut the teams to 18 to stop the dross that is Cardiff/Burnley /huddersfield/Soton from ever getting in the PL again,also went on to say that big Clubs with massive followings like Leeds/Sheff Wed /Forest should be shoehorned to the top tier to enhance the brand.
I can remember when we played his beloved Chelsea in the old 2nd division away in a shithole ramshackled ground and they had vollunteers asking fans to donate £1 into a bucket to keep the Club afloat,i can't wait until the cesspit PL falls apart TBH
Ninianman

Postby Dahboy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:What the t++t basically saying only teams that are willng to spend money are acceptable for premiership, teams who don't have rich owners shouldn't have aspirations of getting promotion? Wether it be to premiership or any league as going up means investment. Pathetic statement by him. :evil:

No he means you have to spend money to survive.
Dahboy

Postby hotwings » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Getting battered every week??
Apart from Man City and arguably second half against Chelsea have we really been ‘battered’!?
hotwings

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Dahboy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:What the t++t basically saying only teams that are willng to spend money are acceptable for premiership, teams who don't have rich owners shouldn't have aspirations of getting promotion? Wether it be to premiership or any league as going up means investment. Pathetic statement by him. :evil:

No he means you have to spend money to survive.

And that succeeds? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Ninianman wrote:The guy is a dipshit,i too listened to some of the shite until i could stick no more,he also said that the PL should cut the teams to 18 to stop the dross that is Cardiff/Burnley /huddersfield/Soton from ever getting in the PL again,also went on to say that big Clubs with massive followings like Leeds/Sheff Wed /Forest should be shoehorned to the top tier to enhance the brand.
I can remember when we played his beloved Chelsea in the old 2nd division away in a shithole ramshackled ground and they had vollunteers asking fans to donate £1 into a bucket to keep the Club afloat,i can't wait until the cesspit PL falls apart TBH

haven't we just had FIVE 30k crowds in a row..?

last time Forest had likewise was the year they won the European cup before Margaret Thatcher had become PM.

as for Sheff Weds it was even longer Neil Armstrong and the boys hadn't even started prep for the moon landing..
dogfound

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:32 pm

What a dick head. Feel sorry for the fans ? You don’t have to feel sorry for us fans (Well the vast majority of us) we are just fine. We are here for the ride and we are in this together with Warnock and the players. So from the vast majority of the fans Cunty go f**k yourself :thumbup: . :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Nuclearblue

Next

Return to General Chat