Dean Smith Named Manager Of Aston Villa Plus .

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Dean Smith has been named the New Head Coach of Aston Villa .

John Terry will be his assistant coach .

Jesus Garcia Pitarch will be the Director of Football at the club .
TopCat CCFC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Dean Smith Named Head Coach Of Aston Villa .

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Aston Villa have appointed former Brentford manager, Dean Smith, as their new head coach.

John Terry, who played for Villa last season and captained the club to the play-off final, has been appointed as the new assistant coach.

We are delighted to announce the appointments of Dean Smith as our new Head Coach, John Terry as Assistant Coach and Jesus Garcia Pitarch as Sporting Director
Smith, who was born in West Bromwich, is a lifelong Villa fan.

Speaking of his appointment, Aston Villa CEO, Christian Puslow said:

Dean has a clear and successful coaching philosophy as well as a real understanding of Aston Villa Football Club. He is also knowledgeable about the Championship.
Villa also have a new Sporting Director tonight, Jesus Garcia Pitarch, who has previous experience at Valencia and Atletico Madrid.

The Chief Executive said tonight's three appointments represent the start of a new era and direction at Aston Villa and that the club is delighted to secure their services after an extensive search.

Last updated Wed 10 Oct 2018
TopCat CCFC

Re: Dean Smith Named Head Coach Of Aston Villa .

Postby Sven » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Wow! That has surprised me...with Dean smith doing a great job at Brentford and the future looking bright with their new ground! :o :shock:

A good opportunity for John Terry on the ladder to management and a sensible one, too! :clap:

A tough job at the Villa, whose owners will expect immediate success from their new men in charge! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: Dean Smith Named Manager Of Aston Villa Plus .

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:30 am

Great appointment for them in my opinion although don't really see the point in Terry.

He is the name that kept popping into my head of if we had to place Warnock tbh.
2blue2handle

Postby stephendavid » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am

They will have the pleasure of AV4 an cronies......
stephendavid

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 am

Great move by them.

Don’t forget Dean Smith is a Villa fan.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm

It does sound a good appointment, and a great opportunity for Terry to learn, difficult club to manage though, a couple of failed promotions and it's the sack !!!
Bluebina

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm

Very strange decision on all parts.
Smith is better than Aston Vanilla and Terry is a pre- supplied problem to the new manager. He made Bruce's job impossible last year so they're apparently going to do the same for the new man.
Rather like some of the posters here , Satin Vanilla want instant success without the commitment ,sweat and hard work and that's hardly Smiths way.
Two possible connections for Cardiff City, one good and one very very bad. If Brentford are imploding then maybe they'll let their impressive striker go in January, which is the good one. The bad one is that Bretford would certainly appreciate the virtues of Sir Neil and be prepared to pay him very well. A lot of clubs would and the more I hear ungrateful and unknowlegable Cardiff "fans " trying to scapegoat him, I wonder how long he'll want to put up with that.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby nubbsy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Can't stand it when managers jump ship in the middle of a project.

Hope he fails miserably.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat