“ James McClean at it again / calls his own fans cavemen “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ James McClean at it again / calls his own fans cavemen

Postby phildavies » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Jock wrote:
phildavies wrote:
Jock wrote:This scumbag sneered and grabbed his bollox at the National Anthem of the country where he plays and is very handsomely rewarded. He’s not making a point of principle, he’s playing to the cheap seats that’s all.
Interestingly I played golf with a football fan yesterday who , some years ago, slapped a white poppy salesman at Brentford took his money from him and gave it to a guy round the corner selling The Poppy. When his grandfather found out he went ballistic as he fought so “arseholes like the white poppy salesman were free to act like arseholes”.

How is being a pacifist being an arsehole exactly?

You’d have to ask my mates Grandad mate. Hence the parentheses.

Fair enough :thumbup:
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:07 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:people get unnecessarily tribal over this sort of stuff. If he doesnt want to wear one then thats his call

Good job lots of people have got tribal and defended your rights and his. Lots of them got killed of course, but who cares about that as long as we're seen to embrace various evil groups who hate us and them ?

not even gonna read the rest of your nonsense. what a silly thing to say

Yeah, it's probably a bit long, but at least the first bit made you understand that you'd said a silly thing.
Doesn't matter anyway.... I shouldn't really have bothered saying anything
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:39 am

For me the Poppy represents the 2 World Wars so I'm in the James McClean dislike club.

As a kid growing up I don't recall the troubles in Northern Ireland coming under the Poppy umbrella. Come to think of it even the Falklands war never got a mention and I'm talking a few years after it all happened. The Troubles started in 1969 and we sent our services down South in 1982. The Poppy started to take an interest in these two events after the first Gulf War in 1991. Perhaps a bit later than that. I don't know how these event got dragged into the Poppy but for me it only represents the 2 Great Wars.
Bakedalasker

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:00 am

Bakedalasker wrote:For me the Poppy represents the 2 World Wars so I'm in the James McClean dislike club.

As a kid growing up I don't recall the troubles in Northern Ireland coming under the Poppy umbrella. Come to think of it even the Falklands war never got a mention and I'm talking a few years after it all happened. The Troubles started in 1969 and we sent our services down South in 1982. The Poppy started to take an interest in these two events after the first Gulf War in 1991. Perhaps a bit later than that. I don't know how these event got dragged into the Poppy but for me it only represents the 2 Great Wars.

I'm intrigued about this sentient poppy you speak of. Is it an actual poppy or a paper one - how do you know when it's taken an interest in something and have you given it a name ?
No, the poppy appeal has always been about servicemen in all conflicts and I've no idea what can have made you think it was limited to your favourite wars.

If you really have got a poppy which expresses its interest in stuff and changes its mind though, email me and I'll put you in touch with a theatrical agent.
SirJimmySchoular

Previous

Return to General Chat